Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Jeep is TOTALLED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2002, 09:31 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Jeep is TOTALLED!!!

Was in an accident on my way to work this morning and totalled my Jeep.... :'( Some lady came flying through an intersection and hit the guy behind me, who then hit me, shoving me into the lady in front of me. We were all stopped waiting for someone to turn left (who wasn't in the left turn lane!!! >) The guy who hit me ended up under the back end of the Jeep, tearing off my hitch, most of my bumper and rolling the back end of the Jeep downward. The rear right wheel well is now touching the tire and the rear passenger doors are permanently open about three inches. I am soooo BUMMED!!! I haven't even had this truck for six months!!! Hopefully my insurance doesn't screw me and get enough back to buy a new one.... [undecided]
Old 10-08-2002, 09:34 AM

Re:The Jeep is TOTALLED!!!

sorry to hear about you trouble.

shoulda had one of these to greet the guy behind you. probly wouldnt have mattered much in a high speed crash though.

how hard did he hit you?
Old 10-08-2002, 09:34 AM

So sorry to hear about your misfortune. Be as hard with your insurance company as you are with HOSS and you should perserve.<br><br>~Dave
Old 10-08-2002, 09:40 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Sorry to hear about the Jeep, but what about you?<br>Taking a hit that hard from behind. ???<br>It might be a good idea to get checked out.
Old 10-08-2002, 09:42 AM
Administrator

[quote author=Palmetto_kid link=board=10;threadid=5664;start=0#49804 date=1034087656]
sorry to hear about you trouble.

shoulda had one of these to greet the guy behind you. probly wouldnt have mattered much in a high speed crash though.

how hard did he hit you?
[/quote]

I'd guess the lady that hit us was doing around 45 mph when she hit the guy behind me. He was hit hard enough to have to go to the hospital with neck and back pain. I can't drive the Jeep because the wheel well is pretty much riding down on the tire now, other than that, it is driveable. I don't think they'll be able to straighten out the backend though...you can see just by looking at it that the frame is bent and now slopes way down in the backend. The hatch door on the back won't close and the side doors are stuck open. I wish I had my digital camera, I'd take some pictures...will have to do it tonight...
Old 10-08-2002, 09:43 AM
Administrator

[quote author=Shovelhead link=board=10;threadid=5664;start=0#49810 date=1034088039]<br>Sorry to hear about the Jeep, but what about you?<br>Taking a hit that hard from behind. ???<br>It might be a good idea to get checked out.<br>[/quote]<br><br>I'm OK, my neck is a little sore, but not bad. Tomorrow will probably be a different story.... [undecided]
Old 10-08-2002, 09:46 AM
Administrator

[quote author=Palmetto_kid link=board=10;threadid=5664;start=0#49804 date=1034087656]<br>sorry to hear about you trouble.<br><br>shoulda had one of these to greet the guy behind you. probly wouldnt have mattered much in a high speed crash though.<br><br><br>how hard did he hit you?<br>[/quote]<br><br>Wow, that's pretty burly!! I think that woulda taken the guy's hood off who ran into me!!
Old 10-08-2002, 09:47 AM

Sorry about the jeep Java, but the main thing is you. The jeep can be replaced or fixed. Make sure you go to the doctor, a neck injury is nothing to fool around with
Old 10-08-2002, 09:59 AM

Sorry to hear about the Jeep Java. Glad you're OK though. Hey, maybe now's your opportunity to get a CTD! ;D<br><br>CR
Old 10-08-2002, 10:04 AM
Administrator

[quote author=cr1998 link=board=10;threadid=5664;start=0#49820 date=1034089184]<br>Sorry to hear about the Jeep Java. Glad you're OK though. Hey, maybe now's your opportunity to get a CTD! ;D<br><br>CR<br>[/quote]<br><br>The thought did cross my mind!! ;D
Old 10-08-2002, 10:16 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to hear you're okay Java. That's the most important thing.
Old 10-08-2002, 10:59 AM
Banned

At least your okay. Had the exact same thing happen to a friend. Except he had a big rear bumper.
Old 10-08-2002, 11:16 AM

Glad you're okay, i am sure that some of us were beginning to wonder about since you weren't up here this morning. Pretty tempting ain't it, totaled jeep, money from insurance, New dodge with CTD. Hmmmmm!!!!
Old 10-08-2002, 11:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote author=Hoss link=board=10;threadid=5664;start=0#49826 date=1034090176]<br>Glad to hear you're okay Java. That's the most important thing. <br>[/quote]Amen.
Old 10-08-2002, 11:38 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, I just can't understand this. What is going on? Is there no respect at all for other peoples posessions any more or respect for each other at all? Does anybody pay attention to their driving anymore? Sorry, this just burns me up. Had a woman get killed just three miles down the road from the plant here yesterday, turned right in front of someone making a turn. About a year ago, I watched a driver turn right into the path of the little CJ5 that was directly in front of me. Totaled both vehicles but both lived. Had she been about six seconds later, she would have had 8000 pounds of CTD in her lap and would have not walked away. I have been loaded to 26000 pounds with that big truck of mine with all the lights on and still have people look me in the eye and pull out in front of me. And people wonder why I drive a four ton truck.<br><br>Glad you are OK Java, better get checked and have some ADVIL ready for tomorrow. Let us know how it goes. If you feel even a twinge, don't mess around. Get it checked, cared for, and documented right away. Sometimes, these things take time to show up. Don't wait.

Quick Reply: The Jeep is TOTALLED!!!