Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Happy Birthday America Breakroom. July 5 - 12

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 06:56 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Happy Birthday America Breakroom. July 5 - 12

Happy birthday America. Or should this be; Happy Birthday to the New America? I say that because the America of today is dramatically different to the America of your founding fathers. If my math is correct, this is your 239th birthday. I know that July 4 is supposed to be Independence Day, but from my point of view, America is more and more Dependent on big government, so in reality this is Dependance Day. Sad!

Anyway, some good coffee is hot and ready, ph00 too. Had to use a bearing scraper to clean out the coffee pot. Bet the majority of the DTR members do not even know what a bearing scraper is.

Had a good time at the ex-pat gathering yesterday. Not that many, but lots to eat. Was talking to an old guy (American) who has been gambling as a serious hobby since high school. He is a mathematician. He was telling us about the odds and how to play them. Never know how skewed the odds were to the house and how low the odds are to winning in gambling places. He gambles for fun and not to make a fortune. He told us that in spite of the low odds of winning that he is ahead of the game. He goes to Las Vegas to gamble every year.

Enjoy your long weekend.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:09 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Strangely quiet last night. No loud explosions typical of the 4th of July evening around here. The only sound to disturb our sleep was the cat throwing up. Poor sick kitty. The clouds are supposed to clear off for the next couple days and we get some sun shine.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:57 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Back in the heavy smoke.
Cooler temps today/tomorrow.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:47 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Happy Sunday all y'all,
It is official, I am too old to party two days in a row. Today will be a quiet day and then back to a normal work schedule tomorrow. This week is the Calgary Stampede so I get to wear jeans and western style shirts to work this week instead of the usual dress shirts, suits and ties.
Amusingly, dressing Stampede style is actually more work than the usual business attire routine.
Have an awesome and safe Sunday everyone.
Old 07-05-2015, 01:35 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Coming from Montana, I always wanted to go to the Stampede. One of these days....

I was too tired last night to stay up for fireworks. I tried to stuff too many things into 2 days. Got them whipped, but I found out I ain't young anymore...

Have a great week.
Old 07-05-2015, 03:49 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by sherod
Coming from Montana, I always wanted to go to the Stampede. One of these days....

I was too tired last night to stay up for fireworks. I tried to stuff too many things into 2 days. Got them whipped, but I found out I ain't young anymore...

Have a great week.
Know how you feel. built a compost heap of grass 9 feet high in the last coupla days. Feel like I've been run through a hay baler. I don't understand. I ain't 69 yet. (2 days)
Old 07-05-2015, 04:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Think we will start cutting wheat tomorrow. If it don't rain tonight.
Worked yesterday. Grease the grain cart and put up a couple hundred feet of smooth-wire fence. Took til 3, and only took a snack for lunch, after also hooking up the other hopper trailer. Went to get the duramax out to get to the rhino and whitferd to go do the fence and it was dead. Had the charger on it for an hour, still charging at 25 amps, almost melted the charger lead.

New cap, rotor, plug wires on the amigo yesterday, too. See if it runs any better when cold.

Have to remember to get a jug or 2 or 3 of distilled water. I think there's a water softener here, and the water is so salty I can't drink it without some flavoring of some sort in it.

There's 4 apartments per building. The women who live at the ends of this one haven't been here in weeks. There was 6 or 7 vehicles a night here when I moved in, where I park. The amigo has been pretty lonely out there lately. Must be a lot of teachers live here or something.

I've never been one to put up a rebel flag. But with everyone blaming that church shooting on the flag, I'm tempted to go get one tattooed on my ****. Just because.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:01 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok, add me to the "stuffing too much in two days" club. and I wanna see the musical ride/ calgary stampede. saw a dodge magnum. it was a wagon, then saw the year on Sherod's bio. 1978 ohhhh the pick up. liked the magnum express, lil red wagon and prospector models....

got two projects to finish here at home, then try to sit still for a day.

Shorts, stay cool brown sugar, lol.

fiver, ran into 3 folks from that big complex taking over central florida (not Disney world either). not one complaint. wow.

big ol orange moon out the patio door right now, nature kinda makes everything else unimportant...
Old 07-06-2015, 08:09 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Gee - - 9 am and no coffee or ph00. OK, pots are on along with fresh blueberry muffins. Come get it.

OK, back on the run - - busy day - - have fun, or at least be careful.

Bob
Old 07-06-2015, 09:00 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Hi...
Mom, Sherod's ride is a car, akin to the Imperial.
Time for a coffee.
Rearranging the shop was/is heavy but long overdo work. Almost done.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:08 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Old 07-06-2015, 03:06 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, scotty/sherod. we didn't see those in Buffalo ny. blue collar town with a sports problem. can tell you every kind of chevy and fords. both plants just outside buffalo. Tennessee had horses, what can I say:conf

hello Topper! ahhh, still speechless I see. snicker snicker good!

scotty good to clear up shop stuff, worth the effort. iced tea to you.

have a lil to do on some projects to finish, enough for one day though....

iced tea and a lil shortbread go down too easily.....read? POST!!! love to hear from youz guyz!!!

what was the best thing about the 4th for ya?
Old 07-07-2015, 05:23 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Nuther day is about to dawn. Got the coffee and ph00 brewing nice and fresh. Gather round and relax and share.

Looks like another busy day - - hope more productive than yesterday. Just not enough days in the week anymore - - or is it me? GGGRRRR

Gotta run - - grabbing my ph00...............

Have a gudurn,

Bob
Old 07-07-2015, 09:02 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Thanks for the coffee BusyBob.....

No it isn't just you, busy here as well got to make up for the time I lost after the heart attack and subsequent surgery......lots to do and having trouble locating 5 gallons of ambition

Hanyday
Old 07-07-2015, 12:51 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Thanks for the coffee BusyBob.....

No it isn't just you, busy here as well got to make up for the time I lost after the heart attack and subsequent surgery......lots to do and having trouble locating 5 gallons of ambition

Hanyday
Tap your Legg, there's plenty of fluid there.

Quick Reply: Happy Birthday America Breakroom. July 5 - 12