Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Git Ready..Summer's Coming Break Room..4/26-5/2

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 06:53 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Git Ready..Summer's Coming Break Room..4/26-5/2

Coffee and Phoo for Bobby is on. Eggs and Sausage bake on the counter. Dragon fed so he's relatively docile. Come and get it.

Got the registration stickers on the boat, rods in the locker, gear stowed, splicing new dock lines. Fixing up the old beat up camper, getting ready to go.

Practice (crappie) fishing tomorrow afternoon the way it looks.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:00 AM

On the camper. Had a trucker in a rest stop complain a bit when I started up the cheap HF generator to make a pot of coffee. Need to put in an inverter so I can keep the peace at 6 in the morning.

Batteries are Group 31 x 2, prox. 200 amp hours. Should be able to run a 2000 for 30 minutes or so.

Bobby, you got an inverter in yours? Whatcha got?
Old 04-26-2015, 08:27 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
morning! up at 6am. needed breakfast, thank you JM for that!!!!

jcwhitney used to have a good selection of inverters; AIMS was a Chinese brand -I had one for the truck.
yes, anything to keep the peace!

second son is out, him n hubby to get firewood. yay.
Old 04-26-2015, 09:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Naw, Mexstan- I was just rubbin your face in your rubbin in of our faces.

Got mostly moved yesterday. Got .90" rain Friday night, came down fast, there was little to no mud yesterday morning. New guy helped me out. I packed, he loaded, and I need a little smaller table. Takes up nearly 1/4 of my living room.

Slept pretty well. Don't think I've slept well at the house for a while. Couldn't get rid of that feeling someone was watching me and couldn't sleep without the radio on.

Gotta come up with a handle for the grill. It broke off on the way over. And a smaller microwave. Not enough space in the kitchen for the one I got.

Off to finish clearing out the house.
Old 04-26-2015, 09:50 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Nothing much happened locally with the storms last night. Did have touchdown in the western part of the state. Today, DW wants to take the old Magnum to town to show an old friend of the family. He seems very eager to look it over.

Still trying to decide the fate of the 08 when it gets back from the shop. Kinda been looking around, but haven't found anything that will replace it in the budget I want to spend. Oh well, time will tell.

I did manage to get the pull behind mower running good. After using it a bit, I decided to sharpen the blades. Didn't notice anything taking them off, just zip zip and down. Putting them back on, I found the middle blade had been put on upside down based on the rust/paint left on the blade. I was pretty happy with the cut the first time, wonder how it does with the blade on correctly. It started out with a 10 hp and ended up with a 16hp. Heavy field grass doesn't even slow it down!
Old 04-26-2015, 03:30 PM

Well, I guess it ain't here yet. Just stuck the lawn mower in a wet spot. Gotta see if the WD45 will start up to go fetch it out. Way too muddy to get to it with the pickup without tearing things up pretty bad.

Must be doing OK down south somewhere. Just had a piece of the best cantaloupe I've had yet this year. Bought it at the orgranique food store.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:47 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning DTR!

Coffee is hot, fresh phoo for Bob and squeezed lime juice for Stan...Bob Evans is catering breakfast this week so stop in and grab your favorite!.

Have a SAFE week out there!
Old 04-27-2015, 08:00 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hello twinner o d LEGGO'S!

Greetings olive ewe

Hanyday
Old 04-27-2015, 09:16 AM
DTR Mom

good to see NE sleeping! dragon must have taught him....

ahhh, go shake the money tree Sherod. it's right next to the nicely cut grass patch behind the barn.

Larry! rest relax heal and hug the good ones! slapping your keyboard hand.

scottycanuck, set your compass and go thrive buddy!!!

geese on the pond until killer cat prowled. nice to see wildlife, had a large turkey hen cross below house- sure want to see more of those. used to have such a large flock, we called it turkey ridge , ten years, then nothing.

it is 37 degrees, windy and trying to rain/snow. I cannot get to California fast enough....
Old 04-27-2015, 01:57 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Still having problems getting in less I it's fixed.

JWBM komifornia. Why

Top if you need anything just yell.

Well outa here for now
Old 04-27-2015, 02:52 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
JWBM- Thanks for the idea. (running out back...)

SOMEBODY STOLE THE TREE!!!!!!!

Actually, had a long PM set. Computer crashed so I bet it didn't get to you. Here is a public THANK YOU!

Back to the Grind today as I decided that the Boss can take off when he wants. I think I spent most of the day going through Emails about things I didn't care about from people who I have no need to converse with....

See ya!
Old 04-27-2015, 08:26 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
H folks. Got home just before 1 a.m last night from the wedding I went to. Stayed in an old, awesome hotel close to the center of the city. This link is in Spanish, but check out the pictures anyway. Their breakfast buffet was amazing.
Hotel Villa del Conquistador - Hotel en Cuernavaca, Hotel en Morelos, Hoteles en Cuernavaca, Hoteles en Morelos

The wedding itself was held in what could pass for a mini botanical garden and immaculate dark green grass. Dozens of very old, huge Indian Laurel (Ficus Microcarpa) trees that I would estimate to be a minimum of 60' to even 80' were everywhere. The wedding was held under a group of these trees. Have attended quite a few weddings in Mexico, but this was the first wedding that I have attended where the traditional organ music or orchestra and singers were replaced by a 7 man Mariachi group. "Here Comes the Bride" played Mariachi style sure was different, but was OK. This was also my first wedding where a part of the actual wedding was filmed by a drone. It had a hard time dodging the trees. The reception was in the same area, but under a huge stylized tarp and a wooden floor. All very nice.

Been on the go since early this morning and this is the first chance I have had to post. Leaving tomorrow before sunup and will be gone all day.

May pop in later tomorrow if I can slow down enough.

Glad to read that Lary appears to be surviving and Scotty is almost back to what passes for normal for him. Coug, maybe you should talk to Scotty and Lary and see what you can do for your legs and change them to Leggs. It will either kill you or make you healthy.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:34 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning!

Coffee is hot, phresh phoo for ewe know who and fresh baked muffins on the counter Come and Get it!

2nd day back to work feels good! Doc said to wait a couple months...pppfffftttt what the hell does he know anyway
Old 04-28-2015, 08:58 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Today's the day. I'll be headed to the hospital in about half an hour.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:55 AM
DTR Mom

whew, Prayers sent for ya Cougar, but you are probably in a funny gown by now. we won't peek......

Larry: (stern look icon) read Sherod's post about taking time off and uncaring emails.... I mandate you leave the command post and take a stroll every day after 10 business items. health and happiness buddy!

ClintRR! nice to hear from ya!!! California has sun. I have none. (cousins out there and have to use the last of air miles) fresh veggies and fruit too.
not to be confused with some fruits of California, hehehe lucky me stays North (bay area).

ok, DTR members!!! post, say HI, ask anything, share your day stuff!!!

we can not all be Mexstan :live in Paradise , work in exotic locales and attend events that rival Lifestyles of the Rich N Famous

luv to ya Stanimal.

Quick Reply: Git Ready..Summer's Coming Break Room..4/26-5/2