Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The forlorn breakroom, Aug 28 - Sept 3

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 05:41 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
The forlorn breakroom, Aug 28 - Sept 3

Good morning from Paradise. Did not make coffee or ph00 because nobody is here to drink it. The dragon looks lonely and needs petting. Dust is everywhere. Swept up and petted the dragon. Where is everybody? Even last weeks breakroom was not closed? Whats going on?

Fantastic weather down here lately. Adjusted the valve clearances on my truck yesterday. Man, those back rockers are hard to reach! Need chimpanzee arms. Also changed oil and filters, so now my truck is ready for my long trip starting next Saturday.

L8tr - maybe.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:19 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Range day yesterday. Temp showing on the overhead was 104. I qualified, but sure didn't have the normal amount of fun!

Coworker brought me in some frozen venison this morning. Sausage, brats, bacon.... Think he might be softening me up for something! Might work!
Old 08-30-2016, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Finally found time to get the 99 Silverado apart ( the one my son blew the engine in )

Boys it is a mark on me, I have to say I have never seen, nor heard of this one before.

Way back when the trans was rebuilt ( 2004 according to the sticker ) the rebuilder must not have gotten the bell housing to case bolts tight enough, because once we finally got her apart, this is what we found.

The forlorn breakroom, Aug 28 - Sept 3-imagejpeg_0003.jpg

The forlorn breakroom, Aug 28 - Sept 3-imagejpeg_0004.jpg

Oh well, at least the Engine and trans I bought has 80 K fewer miles than the one in it.........
Old 08-30-2016, 01:15 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Wow, Stan the man opened up the door so we could come in. But no ph00.............................................

OK, so ph00 is on, ph00ey on the coffee. Waiting patiently for the tropical storm to arrive. Lanai is stripped but no panels installed - - should not be that strong. Have only had to put them up 1 time in 14 years - - and that ended up a dud - - storm stayed off shore. It is cloudy and the rain\winds are just south of us. Should be here in all its glory by morning.

Yep, grabbing my ph00 and go do something productive - - voted today, that is productive - - I HOPE. Y'all be good.
Bob
Old 08-31-2016, 07:21 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Well, I will try it again. Coffee, ph00, hot water for Claude's tea are on the counter and ready. Sprinkles for Lary and a fresh baked and hot and ready Baked French Toast tray is in the oven on warm, maple syrup on the counter.
That should hold us for a while.

Old 08-31-2016, 08:23 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Thanks BobbyDependable.

Stay safe.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:39 AM
REALLY old dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Bob
Old 08-31-2016, 10:02 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Thanks Bob
Old 08-31-2016, 02:36 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Thanks Bob.

Does anybody know how I can obtain a temporary US phone number to use on my existing cell phone? Need it for just under 2 weeks. Checked on the internet and it appears that I either need to buy a throwaway phone ($50 minimum) or go so some system such as Burner which I cannot use. The phone I use is an unlocked international version and works anywhere. Or maybe the best is to just keep my existing Mexican phone number and roam with it? But how does someone in the states call me without racking up expensive international charges?
Old 08-31-2016, 03:45 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
No info on the phone Stan. If me, I'd probably get a drop phone.

Guys at work have fixed me up. Someone, no idea who, has given my phone number to a "Help you get your Social Security Disability Benefits" company. Nobody fessing up yet, but everybody laughing. Well played, but paybacks are a ......

Had a kinda strange thing...I have a covered porch the length of my house. Vinyl soffit. Had some different than normal black wasps cover the entire gutter. Couple good shots of wasp killer did the trick with only one sting. Kinda makes me wonder if I have an even bigger problem in my attic?????? I'm thinking of putting a couple bug bombs in the attic and setting them off. What do you guys think?
Old 08-31-2016, 06:20 PM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Tuesday of last week I stopped taking the medically prescribed drugs the clinic and ER doctors gave me. By Saturday I started feeling like a human being again and have been ever sense. Went to a different doctor (family practice) Monday and he said stop taking them. Last night was the first night I slept all the way trough. I hate getting old.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:04 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Good for your Cougar!
Old 08-31-2016, 10:11 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar
Tuesday of last week I stopped taking the medically prescribed drugs the clinic and ER doctors gave me. By Saturday I started feeling like a human being again and have been ever sense. Went to a different doctor (family practice) Monday and he said stop taking them. Last night was the first night I slept all the way trough. I hate getting old.
A heckofalotof people are harmed, many to death by properly prescribed drugs.

One example is that most people that get adult onset diabetes can cure it by just knocking off the high glycemic foods in their diet, and substituting high quality fat. (decent omega 3/6 ratio)

I have a very overweight, disabled, diabetic younger friend that answered when I encouraged him to cut the carbs, "Then I would have to cut my insulin." Duh....wouldn't that be a good thing.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:53 AM

Received 2,375 Likes on 1,571 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar
Good to hear you feel better without the meds..
That package of parts is expected to be in Alaska today.
Let me know if you need the USPS tracking #.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:29 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Coffee and Phoo are fresh and hot, Donut Day here in the breakroom...lots of tasty and unhealthy treats for everyone....if you dare

Quick Reply: The forlorn breakroom, Aug 28 - Sept 3