Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

DTRotarions BREAK ROOM

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 09:42 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.

So it goes. I wake up each day with a plan, and hopes, and dreams of making a difference in the world. By about 7am, when all that is ruined beyond repair and I've accepted reality...

Snow, continuous and not heavy, odd. Normally when its this warm, the snow should be ugly and heavy. Not this time though. Its warm enough to be slippery, but the snow is just fluff. Oh well, at least winter seems to have arrived to stay for a while.

Otherwise, still riding the trail of broken junk. Fixing it all one piece at a time. Just like Johnny cash said.

Have fun, play safe(ish)
Old 10-24-2016, 10:37 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by pind

Otherwise, still riding the trail of broken junk. Fixing it all one piece at a time. Just like Johnny cash said.
Some things never change eh?
Old 10-25-2016, 05:39 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Some things never change eh?
Your LEGGS change often.
Amazing.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:59 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Woke to 44* f today. Just happy I actually woke up.

Tomorrow night will be our 1st sub freezing overnight temperatures. Maybe even a flurry or two. Looking forwards to winter coming our way
Old 10-25-2016, 11:15 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hi gang,
Been away from the rec center for a couple days - - busy with alterations on the house plus new AC unit. Boy, have things changed in AC units. Wow. Pretty neat - - - and expensive. At least it warmed up some so we don't freeze all night or use the fireplace all night. Glad when it is in. Course, I will wish I was back here once I get back home to Florida -- - BUT, it has been beautiful down there temp wise.

Originally Posted by madhat
I'm holding up pretty good, even with the way the Corps is treating me... frozen wastelands, desert wastelands, jungle wastelands... cold food, cold coffee, hot water. Just how I like it!
BUT NO PH00 - - - - B00000. ..........................looks good to see you posting, even if for just a PHew days. Hope it goes well there.

Put the ph00 pot on for those that love it. ..................................

Heading back to the house to flog the installers on the AC/Heat unit. Y'all have a great day.

Bob
Old 10-25-2016, 02:22 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Korea mad hat it's better than Afghanistan or any other country that ends in Stan.

Warmed back up into the low 60s here had a nice frost this morning time to plug the truck in.

Need to go check the rifle make sure no one's fooled with the scope deer seasons coming and maybe rioters if the election don't go their way.

Latter
Old 10-25-2016, 08:44 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning, oops, sorry, good evening. Those residual fumes from Claude's concoction is affection me.

It's been another wonderful day down here in Paradise. A bit breezy, but still very nice. You guys that are starting with that horrible white stuff up north, please be selfish and keep it all up there.

Glad my wife was not with me on the way home tonight as I had brake failure on the truck. Posted the story in 3rd gen engine and drivetrain. Drove the rest of the way home with almost no brakes. Great fun! Not!

Time to relax and enjoy the evening. Have a nice big hot cup of fresh made ginger and curcuma (turmeric) tea in front of me, so going now sit back and relax.

Y'all relax too.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:56 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
BUT NO PH00 - - - - B00000. ..........................looks good to see you posting, even if for just a PHew days. Hope it goes well there.
No Ph00 buddy... just good old fashioned leaded coffee...

Originally Posted by railroaderone
Korea mad hat it's better than Afghanistan or any other country that ends in Stan.
That's a fact. It's going to be colder than crap, but I'll live. If I don't, it won't matter, so we're good. It's going to be cold enough that they actually issued us cold weather gear... that's bad.

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Glad my wife was not with me on the way home tonight as I had brake failure on the truck. Posted the story in 3rd gen engine and drivetrain. Drove the rest of the way home with almost no brakes. Great fun! Not!
That's really crappy. Just remember, you can pull the e-brake handle up and use the e-brake like a regular brake... gotta be careful, but it'll work.

Nothing new or unusual to report at the moment. I'm enjoying a refreshing after work... fresh pot of Marine Mud is on for the early folks. Bout to head to the slop... er... chow hall to get some chow. Hope everyone's Wednesday is a great one, mine is over already!
Old 10-26-2016, 04:58 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Good morning. Too early to be up, but could not sleep any more, so here I am. Made some ph00 for the ph00 whiner and good Mexican coffee for the rest of you.

That's really crappy. Just remember, you can pull the e-brake handle up and use the e-brake like a regular brake... gotta be careful, but it'll work.

Mad, this is exactly what I did. It's difficult to do with a stick shift as I had to plan ahead and knock it into neutral so that my left foot was free.

Off to see what new surprises the day will bring. May the rest of you have a good one. Ciao.
Old 10-26-2016, 06:56 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I can see this... I imagine you to be a man who has... the wisdom of many years... my hat is off to you!

I read your post in the third gen section, I'd bleed the fire out of that thing. One thing I always did when bleeding breaks after a major instance (blowout, major leak, etc.) was elevate the rear of the truck a tad, this way all the air bubbles rise. I'm sure you know this, but bleeding from the brake furthest from the master cylinder first... drive it for a day, then bleed it again. Nothing like a little compressible gas in a (mostly) compressible liquid...
Old 10-26-2016, 07:37 AM
Admin Team Leader

Good Morning Folks!....sitting here vibrating in my chair after drinking Marks Marine Leaded coffee....

Stay warm in Korea buddy and as always if your family needs anything while you are away from home I expect to get a call

Stan glad you made it home safe, nothing like a ride like that to make you appreciate things we normally take for granted like brakes.

Dropping a few boxes of Krispy Kreme donuts on the counter get em before Scotty checks in
Old 10-26-2016, 07:46 AM

I can see this... I imagine you to be a man who has... the wisdom of many years... my hat is off to you!

I read your post in the third gen section, I'd bleed the fire out of that thing. One thing I always did when bleeding breaks after a major instance (blowout, major leak, etc.) was elevate the rear of the truck a tad, this way all the air bubbles rise. I'm sure you know this, but bleeding from the brake furthest from the master cylinder first... drive it for a day, then bleed it again. Nothing like a little compressible gas in a (mostly) compressible liquid...

Ha! You put that very diplomatically. Have actually driven hundreds of miles with either no brakes or lousy brakes. In my younger and debatable more foolish years actually drove once from the middle of Swaziland to Durban and back with zero brakes in a Rambler station wagon. No problems except later lightly hit a donkey that ran in front of me. No damage to the stupid donkey, but it left a dent in the hood. Dem were de days!
Old 10-26-2016, 08:10 AM
Admin Team Leader

Hey Stan...can you come here and run over some Donkeys before election day?
Old 10-26-2016, 08:13 AM

What do you have against me that you want me to dirty my truck?
Old 10-26-2016, 08:45 AM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by Mexstan
What do you have against me that you want me to dirty my truck?
Sorry Stan....I lost my head for a moment.....we need someone with a snowplow and I doubt you have much need of one living in Paradise

Quick Reply: DTRotarions BREAK ROOM