Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

DTR Prayer Requests

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 07:11 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Latest news as of about 4pm today. The spinal tap pointed to meningitis. It is possible this has been working for quite a while causing the damage to the frontal lobe. This is much better than the alternatives. Jeff sat up and ate solid food for the first time since last Saturday and kept it down. He knew he was eating, so did not need to be prompted to chew, swallow, take another bite. His temp was under 100 all day today and blood pressure more steady. They are still running tests. It does look like our daughter is going to have her hands full taking care of him for a while unless the miracle that God is capable of giving him occurs. So, prayers are still needed for a complete healing. We thank God for the improvement all ready. Thank you all who are praying for our boy - - he is a great guy, hard worker and treats our daughter like a lady. Great son-in-law - - I want him back like he was.

Bob
Old 12-10-2016, 07:21 AM

Received 2,376 Likes on 1,572 Posts
Sorry to hear that Bob.
I am sending good thoughts Jeff's way.
Old 12-13-2016, 10:00 AM

Update as of Dec 12. Finally got to the hospital yesterday on our way back from vacation. Jeff is still in PCU. He recognized me when I walked in the room. Carried on a pretty good conversation with only a few gaps and actually chuckled at something I said. Kim (daughter) ran out of the room bawling - - this was the first time in 2 weeks he had grinned or chuckled at anything. They pulled another spinal tap yesterday for an addition test which has to be sent away, but the diagnosis of viral encephalitis seems to be sticking. No work, driving, using tools, near water or fire or drops offs (in Florida????), stairs only with hand rails. So, no work for him for six months minimum. There goes his business which has been booming and possibly one reason for the flareup of this problem. He has been working 10 days a week 29 hours a day for months now. Even though he is a very strong guy, you can't keep schedules like this and keep going. He will be going into physical therapy care for a while which is great for our daughter who is trying to keep her booming business going plus wrap up Jeff's business dealings of position, money owed and money due in. Prayers still needed - - he needs a miracle for normality. Thanks.
Bob
Old 12-13-2016, 10:17 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
So sorry to hear Bob....Prayers sent for him and the family.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:43 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
My neighbors wife fell on Christmas Eve. Broke her shoulder and hip.
she passed away last week. Funeral today.

My friend Scott with Mantle cell lymphoma lost the use of his LEGGS but he has received news that the last three tests of his spinal fluid are negative.
He still has a lung Infection and the Cancer is surrounding his lungs.

More Prayers please. He's going into month four of intense chemo.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:22 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Reading stuff like this once again makes me realize how blessed I am.

Will add these folks to my prayers. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to pray for someone in trouble.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:53 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Reading stuff like this once again makes me realize how blessed I am.

Will add these folks to my prayers. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to pray for someone in trouble.
Same here Stan. Lots of folks ill, failing or have passed around me lately. Three since Christmas.
Learned last week my uncle who's had some great years since the removal of his large colon is losing his Will. The doctors say it's mostly due to lack of nutritional absorbtion. Still will get tests to rule out anything else.
I'll show him my LEGGS. That should scare it outta him.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:18 PM
Top's Younger Twin

My long time friend passed Feb 10.
he hugged Maddi two hrs before he passed and we said our good byes.
I told him I'll see him on the other side and he smiled and said 'yes you will'.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:25 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Awww Scotty, what can I say? Life is often rough and at times it gets really rough, like it is right now for you and Maddi. My condolences to you and to his family. Will keep all of you in my prayers for a while and pray that the pain soon leaves. The memories of course will stay for ever, especially the good ones.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:14 PM
Top's Younger Twin

We had some real good quality time one on one before he passed.
Maddi was a bit overwhelmed by the rapid changes but she now knows what happens.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:28 PM

Hey buddy, sorry to hear of the loss. Not fun. The main thing is that we have made our travel reservations before it happens, otherwise, you don't want to make the trip to the other place. Praying like Stan, for peace and understanding and good memories for the family. I just saw 24 family members come together on Saturday to remember mother/grandmother/great grandmother. She was 91 and in church every Sunday - - very godly lady. She had an amazing husband. He and I had some great talks - - like his building a large trimaran sailboat in his basement, then moving onto it with his wife and sailing all over the place for 2 solid years before coming back to their home. It is quite a story how he made that thing - - it was big. Full time living on it. WOW - - scary.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:34 PM

Wednesday, 6pm eastern time, phone call from our daughter in law from Seattle. This is the mother of our little leukemia girl that is now clean and doing so good - - she is now 7. I don't remember talking about them having twins one week before their daughter came come with leukemia - they are now 3yo. Our DIL was just getting out of the ambulance with the twins at the hospital on the island. Billy had climbed to the top of a 6' tall bookcase and got down a bottle of diabetes pills for their horse, opened it, and he and his twin sister swallowed we don't know how many pills. They are vomiting profusely and becoming listless and trying to drift off. The helicopter was just landing at the hospital to get them and take them into the big Seattle Children's Hospital where Ianna lived while recovering from her bout with leukemia.

Your prayers for them would be greatly appreciated - - we don't need another long drawn out recovery - - just really getting over the last one. I know God is complete able to combat any ill effects these pills might have had on my grandchildren. Thank you for your prayers.

Bob
Old 05-03-2017, 07:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bob

You got my prayers, that's for sure. Hope things get better.

Dave
Old 05-03-2017, 08:04 PM

Prayers said. Will keep praying that by tomorrow morning the twins will be back to normal. The parents and you are another story.

Please post again tomorrow morning with the latest update.
Old 05-04-2017, 06:09 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Prayers from here Bobby.

Quick Reply: DTR Prayer Requests