Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The DTR Breakroom. Nov 27 - Dec 3

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 11:26 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
I'll pass on the donots. My cat is complaining I don't have a lap.
Warmed up to 20° and its been snowing sense Wednesday evening off and on. A couple inches accumulation. It will be clearing off today and the high temp by Sunday will be below zero.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:17 AM

12° on its way to zero by noon. Supposed to stay below zero through Monday evening. Got more snow yesterday. Might brave the cold later and take some pictures.
Old 12-03-2016, 01:18 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
coug, you are going to hate me.

Have just finished setting up the tables and chairs on a very green lawn at my house as we finish setting up for the large outdoor party that will be starting in about an hour. The sun is shining brightly, about 40% cloud cover, an occasional light breeze and a temperature of 75. Pretty well a perfect day to be outside. The hot food and severs will be here any time now. I am already hungry and can't wait to start eating that delicious Mexican food. Only downside is that for this gathering, need to wear long pants and pretend to be a gentleman.

See yuh.
Old 12-03-2016, 05:29 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Spent the day putting that danged Case 450 together. All the right parts this time except for a missing Front Main bearing to install the oil pump. Top end is done with the exception of installing intake and exhaust manifolds. While I was installing number 4 piston, I got to experience a family of mice run across me. Turned out the plywood under the crawler had become quite the mouse motel. Proud, because I only bled a tiny bit from bouncing around trying to get them away from me before they decided my coveralls would be their new residence!

The owner of the crawler was quite proud that I could put that many descriptive terms together in such a short amount of time!
Old 12-03-2016, 10:34 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Only downside is that for this gathering, need to wear long pants and pretend to be a gentleman.
Wearing long pants might prove difficult....but somehow I doubt being a gentleman is any kind of problem for you.....
Old 12-04-2016, 07:27 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Wearing long pants might prove difficult....but somehow I doubt being a gentleman is any kind of problem for you.....

Lary, thank you for your kind words.

The gathering of the clan was a huge success. We met a part of the unknown family that came down for this and everybody got on very well. Fell in love with a gorgeous girl who is part of the new family. She likes me too and came a sat on my lap a few times and chattered away in a mixture of Spanish and English. She is a bit young for me though as she all of 5 years old. The weather stayed fantastic all day and nobody wanted to come inside until well after dark. Only had to drag out the tall ladder once to rescue a mini drone from a bad landing on the roof. Going to meet everybody once again in a few hours for breakfast at the hotel.

Off to clean up the mess outside.

Oh, coffee and ph00 is ready, plus an assortment of leftover Mexican food. Lots of it, so get eating.

Ciao.
Old 12-04-2016, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
coug, you are going to hate me.

Have just finished setting up the tables and chairs on a very green lawn at my house as we finish setting up for the large outdoor party that will be starting in about an hour. The sun is shining brightly, about 40% cloud cover, an occasional light breeze and a temperature of 75. Pretty well a perfect day to be outside. The hot food and severs will be here any time now. I am already hungry and can't wait to start eating that delicious Mexican food. Only downside is that for this gathering, need to wear long pants and pretend to be a gentleman.

See yuh.
No, Actually I feel sorry for you. Winter is supposed to be cold and white with snow. If the clouds clear off, I might get lucky and get a picture. I personally couldn't stand that kind of heat.
-3° now, it will stay below zero through tomorrow evening then warm into the teens.