Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Any Indian riders here

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 03:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In my 8-9 years on the road, I found that "loud pipes save lives", share the road, look out for bikes", and "look twice save a life" are probably about 60% of the time a lame excuse for not looking out for one's self.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive been riding since '99 and am currently on a Frankenstein suzuki SV street fighter made of various make/model such as-

Harley piping
Buell rear shock
Buell face/headlight (looking to replace with KTM)
Honda VFR single swingarm
Ducati Tail
Yamaha Throttle
TL Forks/brakes

My goal was to get some part from every major bike manufacturer and INDIAN is on the list. Not sure what i could grab.. but i know i could use a better kickstand and side mirror(s)

Any Indian owners have any spare parts?

Looking to check off:
Kawasaki
BMW
MV
Aprilla
among others
Old 06-09-2015, 09:25 AM

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts
Indian Aaron rides an 02. He rebuilt it at 60K.

He suggested a way older or way newer model.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:57 PM

I don't have a problem with any motorcycle brand, you buy what you like/build/cobble together or can afford and ride, it's all about the ride. Heck there's a guy here in St. Louis who rides like a '95 Yellow fat boy, the ape hangers he has on that bike are high enough I; just shy of 6', can walk under them. He also has pipes that once the reach near the rear axle they swoop up at a 45 about 5 feet. That guy rides that bike everywhere and I'd bet he's logged over a 100k on that bike. Next time I see him I'm going to ask him how many miles he has on that thing. Matter of fact I think you can find on Google or one of those type of sites a picture of him on I-70 riding that thing.

As far as these go fast bike, every year we have to deal with the "Ride of the Century' idiots. I won't go into detail but you can definitely youtube or google those knuckleheads, all kinds of video on them.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 Indian Springfield....
Old 07-27-2023, 04:26 AM

It’s hard to improve on the basic joy of riding a bike: wind in your hair, freedom of the road, and the satisfaction of human-powered movement. If you want to put your bike to work hauling cargo or commuting to the office, you will need some dirt bike accessories to make those journeys comfortable and fun. From the pedals you need while riding, to dirt bike accessories that enhance your riding experience, such as cup holders, gloves and more. Lucky for you, the vast majority of bicycles are highly and easily customizable, and there are a large number of electric bike accessories and bike accessories to choose from on our website. Practically all of these accessories will work for non-electric bikes and most electric bikes, too.
Old 07-27-2023, 04:05 PM

Received 365 Likes on 272 Posts
Originally Posted by polens888
It’s hard to improve on the basic joy of riding a bike: wind in your hair, freedom of the road, and the satisfaction of human-powered movement. If you want to put your bike to work hauling cargo or commuting to the office, you will need some dirt bike accessories to make those journeys comfortable and fun. From the pedals you need while riding, to dirt bike accessories that enhance your riding experience, such as cup holders, gloves and more. Lucky for you, the vast majority of bicycles are highly and easily customizable, and there are a large number of electric bike accessories and bike accessories to choose from on our website. Practically all of these accessories will work for non-electric bikes and most electric bikes, too.
Another stinking spammer...This is getting old fast......Ben