Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Any Indian riders here

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Indian riders here

Looking through here as I hadn't been on in quite sometime and saw a thread asking about HD riders. So I thought heck, I though I'd better represent and see if we have any Indian guy/gals on here.

Mine, 2015 Chieftain.
Attached Thumbnails Any Indian riders here-126.jpg  
Old 05-30-2015, 07:04 PM

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts
My buddy Aaron rides one. He's an Indian freak, plus he's part indian.
Old 05-31-2015, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
If I was going to ride a big V-twin, it would be the new Indian, does that count?

I cut my teeth restoring the originals, old boy that taught me paint and body had 30 of them if he had one., The first one I worked on, a black '51 was supposed to be mine when he died, didn't work out that way, such is life......

Anyway, it was cool to get to restore, then ride everything from a 1922 Racer to the 51 Chief.....about the only ones I didn't like were the Warriors? The vertical twins, 500 CC if I remember correctly, they pretty much sucked.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:00 PM

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts
Thought I'd see Aaron today and get the dirt on his bike...

I do know he refused to put an aftermarket alternator on it and waited to get the correct one before he would ride it. IIRC it was down for about 6 months. I think it may be from the 70's era if possible..

I'll find out what he rides!!
Old 05-31-2015, 08:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2Rams
Looking through here as I hadn't been on in quite sometime and saw a thread asking about HD riders. So I thought heck, I though I'd better represent and see if we have any Indian guy/gals on here.

Mine, 2015 Chieftain.
Very pretty bike. I put about 65 K commute miles on a 2005 Yamaha R6, until I fell off. My wife and I are thinking of a Harley/Indian when we move to Arizona, without crazy commuters. A couple of co-workers had Indians, and they loved them.

Be safe.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:49 PM
Banned

And since I see in previous threads that you are an officer of the peace, I won't tell you that those 65 K were without a M/C endorsement and I sometimes hit 150 on my way home from work. (Never stopped on my bike. My '89 911 is a different story).

But that was when I was a young and crazy 52 YO. Now I drive a diesel in the slow lane.

Again, be safe.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:14 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by bob_boater
I won't tell you that those 65 K were without a M/C endorsement
I quit riding when the state of Indiana said I had to get an endorsement, had been riding friggin 25 years without a hitch, but now I had to ride for some snot nosed DMV puke?

Sorry, ain't doing it.

About next year I will get my endorsement though, I miss riding....... ( Not the DMV )
Old 06-01-2015, 09:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by patdaly
... I miss riding....... ( Not the DMV )
True dat!
Old 06-01-2015, 09:50 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I had a 2000 silver cloud...

Divorce took that away.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:13 PM

No worries on speed, never been a ticket guy. Where I work we're usually going from call to call. And I too have slowed down on my commute with age.

I too was going to go HD. However two years ago the Street Glide was a bike you saw every once in a while. Now; for example, I saw 4 of them in a 3 mile drive from my house to the golf range. And that is why I didn't go HD, everyone has one. Although I do not begrudge anyone who buys one, they're a nice ride I just like being different and after riding the Indian I didn't even bother test riding the HD. My only complaint is the paint is soft, unlike HD who probably has the best paint of any motorized manufacture out there.

In MO you have to take a motorcycle riding test as well but once you have it, it's on your license forever unless you have it removed. Just another way for the State to make a buck.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:59 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by patdaly
I quit riding when the state of Indiana said I had to get an endorsement, had been riding friggin 25 years without a hitch, but now I had to ride for some snot nosed DMV puke?

Sorry, ain't doing it.

About next year I will get my endorsement though, I miss riding....... ( Not the DMV )
Do the cones on one wheel for him.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2Rams
No worries on speed, never been a ticket guy. Where I work we're usually going from call to call. And I too have slowed down on my commute with age.

I too was going to go HD. However two years ago the Street Glide was a bike you saw every once in a while. Now; for example, I saw 4 of them in a 3 mile drive from my house to the golf range. And that is why I didn't go HD, everyone has one. Although I do not begrudge anyone who buys one, they're a nice ride I just like being different and after riding the Indian I didn't even bother test riding the HD. My only complaint is the paint is soft, unlike HD who probably has the best paint of any motorized manufacture out there.

In MO you have to take a motorcycle riding test as well but once you have it, it's on your license forever unless you have it removed. Just another way for the State to make a buck.

We'll definitely check out Indian before making a decision. Thanks.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:05 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by j_martin
Do the cones on one wheel for him.
WAY too old for that kind of nonsense.............

Matter of fact, like 2Rams, I had thought about a HD, but around here, that is all there is...........

So I am settled on a late 70's early 80's airhead boxer BMW....... 1100 or so.

It don't get more I'm an old man, leave me alone than that......
Old 06-05-2015, 10:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I knew a guy who had a crotch rocket and bragged about doing 160 down the interstate weaving between cars. Everyone told him it would catch up to him.

When it did they didn't bother calculating his speed. Went through the sliding doors on a minivan and the 2 women in the front seats spent several days in ICU.

Oh yeah, he was almost 28.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:41 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
That's awful . I see people on sport bikes around here riding like complete jerks .They don't seem to realize other people are on the road. But it's generally the younger riders that ride like that. The Harley people aren't innocent either. We have a couple 1% clubs here and they ride like jerks too. I ride a Harley and I ride defensively. I'm in no rush on my bike. Just like to cruise.
2rams, that is a really classy looking Indian! Ride safe!

Quick Reply: Any Indian riders here