Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

09/25-10/01 New Breakroom

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 07:27 AM

Received 2,375 Likes on 1,571 Posts
09/25-10/01 New Breakroom

Good morning all.
Threw on a pot of coffee and put out some Tea bags, still out of the asphalt ones sorry Lary.
There is some pumpkin bread out as well. I am going to use it to soak up the hop foam in my belly from those IPAs last night.
First really hard frost here last night. The shop tin roof and truck hoods all have a thick ice formed on them. That might motivate me to get the chainsaw out and cut the slab pile from the 2x4s and 2x6s I had milled up in the spring. That slab wood makes nice kindling and early season quick fires to take the edge off the chilly mornings.

Enjoy the day DTR'ers!
Old 09-25-2016, 09:10 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Moved your post to a new weekly breakroom.
Hope you don't mind.

Feels like Autumn has finally stop by for a visit.
58* outside this morning in the Washington DC area.
Feels GOOD!!!
The following users liked this post:
oliver foster (09-25-2016)
Old 09-25-2016, 10:12 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Colder mornings and snow moving down the hill side. Talk around acquisition is our seasonal shut down time. Sending the birds south. Wounder what they have in store for me this winter.
Old 09-25-2016, 11:44 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Took the Wife to dinner today. Nice time was had. Told her to reciprocate come supper time!

Not much planned for the day. Might watch some "go fast and turn left".
Old 09-25-2016, 03:52 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Afternoon gang. Put a pot of ph00 on and grabbed a chunk of the pumpkin bread - - - good. Still warm down this way but scattered rain, especially out at the ranch. Crazy how those clouds come to the interstate and stop and don't get us. They tell us it is the gulf breeze heading east stops them around the interstate.

Busy week heading in - - - hope it goes well for everyone. L8R.

Bob

Old 09-25-2016, 06:21 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Afternoon all. Strange weather here today. Dark and cloudy this morning, then very hot sun before mid day, then hard rain late afternoon. Went outside at 18:00 and it was sunny, but raining lightly.

While I was away last week a CD in the truck player refused to be ejected. Tried every trick in the book to make it come out, but no way. Today ended up by actually removing the entire radio and taking it partially apart to force that CD out. Now the stupid thing makes continuous noises like it is trying to eject a CD even when there is no CD and even when the ignition key is off. Going to junk that radio and find a suitable single DIN replacement. Where? Crutchfield, Walmart, Autozone, NAPA or ????? Would like to install a double DIN radio, but I do not really need one, plus with everything that I have installed in the center of consul, it would take a ton of work. Would need to relocate the HVAC controls plus the controls for the airbags.

On the way home last week we made a special long detour to stop off at Groom, Texas to visit CROSS OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST MINISTRIES Very impressive and quite inspiring. The detour was worth it. Have any DTR members been there?
Old 09-25-2016, 08:06 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
I didn't fall off the edge of the Earth, but my laptop did. Mickysoft Windoze updated itself, and killed all my WiFi connections. It's really secure. I can't use it. Grrrr.

I highly recommend that if you're stuck with Windoze 10 that you block the "anniversary" update. It's huge, and adds more useless crap and hooks to the system. If I had it to do again, I would stick with windows 7.

Left Kalispell Friday and made it down the Swan and over the mountains at McDonald, then on to Three Forks where we spent the night. Dynamited the brakes twice to keep from wrecking sheet metal on the antlered ruminants in road. Dumped out everything in the back closet.

Headed toward home yesterday and made it as far as the ND border where we got pinned down with 45+ mph crosswinds, rain, and darkness. Stayed there. The wind rocked us to sleep.

Made it home today. 10 miles from home, somebody pulled out in front of me, went a short distance, and stopped in the middle of the road waiting to make a left turn. Yep, dumped the closet again. I see a dead bolt in that door in the near future. We had good tail winds all day today, so we averaged 12.5 mpg at 65 mph pulling the fiver.

Gotta go clean up the mess in the camper.
Old 09-25-2016, 08:18 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Hey John, was wondering what happened to you. Glad to hear that things are OK, sort of. When are you going back to the salt mines - at half pay?
Old 09-26-2016, 05:50 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
The following 2 users liked this post by Shovelhead:
NJTman (09-26-2016), oliver foster (09-26-2016)
Old 09-26-2016, 06:10 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
I guess the toxic water helps fish heal from being eaten by small sharks or bluefish. This lucky bastastage not only got chunked by another fish, but caught by this angler.

He let him go. Felt bad for Flounder. And to think, he was in Animal House some 20+ years ago....

That's some fluke: Fisherman reels in bizarre catch with missing chunk | NJ.com
Attached Thumbnails 09/25-10/01 New Breakroom-fish.jpg  
Old 09-26-2016, 06:50 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning all. Nuther day is dawned, it is getting late - - up and atum. Put coffee and ph00 on - - - - enjoy.

Heading out on busy day - - be careful and have a great day.

ps: love the corn pile sign - - stupid deer will still come and greedily grab corn without reading the sign. Reminds me of a lot of people who refuse to read the signs.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:58 AM

Good morning from Paradise. Nice day down here so far, but looks like it will storm again this afternoon. Have the oil draining on my truck right now now and hope to have the oil and grease job done before it rains.

NJtman, that is a fishy story.

Bob, agree with you about some people not reading the signs.

Lots to do this week, so off to see what damage I can do. Oh wait, let me first relax and build up my strength with a coffee.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:53 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
IT'S COOL AND RAINING!!! First day out of the 90's in a bout a 3 week or longer stretch. Last night the wx guy said we broke a KY record for September.

Might hit the high 40's tonight out of town....
Old 09-26-2016, 01:58 PM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
I didn't fall off the edge of the Earth, but my laptop did. Mickysoft Windoze updated itself, and killed all my WiFi connections. It's really secure. I can't use it. Grrrr.

I highly recommend that if you're stuck with Windoze 10 that you block the "anniversary" update. It's huge, and adds more useless crap and hooks to the system. If I had it to do again, I would stick with windows 7.

Left Kalispell Friday and made it down the Swan and over the mountains at McDonald, then on to Three Forks where we spent the night. Dynamited the brakes twice to keep from wrecking sheet metal on the antlered ruminants in road. Dumped out everything in the back closet.

Headed toward home yesterday and made it as far as the ND border where we got pinned down with 45+ mph crosswinds, rain, and darkness. Stayed there. The wind rocked us to sleep.

Made it home today. 10 miles from home, somebody pulled out in front of me, went a short distance, and stopped in the middle of the road waiting to make a left turn. Yep, dumped the closet again. I see a dead bolt in that door in the near future. We had good tail winds all day today, so we averaged 12.5 mpg at 65 mph pulling the fiver.

Gotta go clean up the mess in the camper.
The worst thing the antiversary update did to me was locked me out of my own computer. Used a Winders 7 computter to find out I had to use my Mickeysoft password to get back in. Then it took me a month to figure out how to make the pin number work again.
Ahh, Montana. I miss dodging antelope Now it's dodging moose.
Old 09-26-2016, 02:36 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Finished the last of three strongman comps I helped put on this summer.
It was the national amateur final.
70 Men and Women competed.
Very busy very fast paced event.
Very successful too.

See the surgeon tomorrow about my left chunk filled knee
Aiming for a scope near Christmas.

Lary likes my LEGGS, he likes them.
Help me.

Quick Reply: 09/25-10/01 New Breakroom