Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***The Unending Winter 3/1-3/7***

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 04:48 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Happy Sunday all y'all. Thanks for the breakfast Shorts. Good to see people posting. I hope everyone has had a good weekend. DW and I got beaten like rented mules at yoga this morning. When your entire body is shaking and the sweat is pouring off you, it is hard to 'maintain the vision and trust the process'. I am sure that 95% of people would laugh at our workout. It pales in comparison to the stuff that I hear Scotty used to do to his body or the exercise that I imagine Madhat does before breakfast each day, but for us it has been a big step. After 8 months, we are in better shape than we we have been since we were in our early 20's.
Dinner tonight is going to be beef dip and veggies. Mmmmmmm.

Have a great evening, only 21 days until spring officially arrives.
My wife is an internationally certified Yoga instructor. She learned in the Bahamas.
I told her that once I am able to move more, I will start learning some Yoga with her. I have to make a couple of changes to my training. The training has been non existent. I will have to use great patience and control when I start back. Range of motion is all that I am pursuing currently. I'm finding adhesions and actually have torn thru a couple. Especially bound up around the incision.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:14 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Morning sawmill gravy biscuits bacon sausage eggs three ways and pancakes

Fresh coffee and Ph00 for Bob

Well raining now still fighting ice and snow.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:40 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Morning folks. Clint, good job with the brekkie.

Getting an extra early start today as I want to be on the road by sunup. Today is the first day of my new self imposed schedule to give me more time to 'smell the roses'. Maybe I will finally find out what it is like to be retired?
Old 03-02-2015, 07:17 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Old 03-02-2015, 11:18 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar
Nice warm greeting from Roxie, she missed me and our therapeutic kitty petting sessions.
Back to work on Monday ; That kind of stuff. Several big bills this month and no paycheck, rent, insurance, repairs, medical payments.
yes, SSA once again has determined I am in this country illegally. it never ends; come sit near me. lol! nap in the sun with kittyluv.

boat lookers want to see it when warmer, and sea trials. hopeful it sells.
patience. arrrrrrgh!

Clint thanks for the thought of biskitsngravy. !!
had great weekend: artsy balloon display five stories tall in downtown Rochester building (awesome) movie, then dinner, snow for the dark ride home seeing twenty or so cars off the road. spring is coming, might tap some trees today or tomorrow. one bad day this week for syrup but eight good ones.....hmmmmm
Attached Thumbnails ***The Unending Winter 3/1-3/7***-airigami-rochester-002.jpg   ***The Unending Winter 3/1-3/7***-airigami-rochester-004.jpg   ***The Unending Winter 3/1-3/7***-airigami-rochester-015.jpg   ***The Unending Winter 3/1-3/7***-airigami-rochester-012.jpg  
Old 03-02-2015, 03:46 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by railroaderone
Fresh coffee and Ph00 for Bob
SSHHHHH - - - - just a minute.................................. - - - no no, more time................................................ahhhhhh.

OK, now I will talk. Ya did good, Clint. Breakfast is way past so I will pass on the rest of the stuff. Meeting again early this morning. Finally getting the computer turned for first time in two days. Crazee busy. Gotta figure this stuff out and slow down a bit - - this ain't retirement right now.

Heidi, those balloon thingies were amazing.

Refill......................................and out of here. Gotta hit the road.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:53 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
yes, SSA once again has determined I am in this country illegally. it never ends; come sit near me. lol! nap in the sun with kittyluv.
Wow, Keep plugging away. SOMEBODY might figure it out!

Now for a Ohio Valley Weather break: Today, Sun and 38. Tomorrow, ice than thunder, 60. Wednesday, "Substantial Accumulating Snow, 0. Makes it hard to clean the crud off the truck. I'm ready to go see Bobby. Who's going with me? Maybe Heidi will have some syrup we can take along....(hint)
Old 03-02-2015, 05:55 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by sherod
Wow, Keep plugging away. SOMEBODY might figure it out!

Now for a Ohio Valley Weather break: Today, Sun and 38. Tomorrow, ice than thunder, 60. Wednesday, "Substantial Accumulating Snow, 0. Makes it hard to clean the crud off the truck. I'm ready to go see Bobby. Who's going with me? Maybe Heidi will have some syrup we can take along....(hint)
Was just about 32f here today. Then NW wind of 40 plus MPH and temps plummeting. Wind chill -35 anytime now.
Then above freezing and warmer and warmer in a few days.
YoYo wassup wit dat.
Lary is the rapster in the family. Just axe him bout his gig down in Vegas.
Scared Chunk.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:43 PM
REALLY old dog

Eavening fellow DTRotarions ;

Liberals retire - (there`s no worry -* Their managing on your money )

Conservatives must keep constantly managing investments -or the Liberals will do it for them

Subject: Think I'll have a beer

Correct Anthropological Theory: Think I'll have a beer!
The two most important events in all of history were the invention of beer and the invention of the wheel.
Beer required grain and that was the beginning of agriculture.
Neither the glass bottle nor aluminum can were invented yet, so while our early humans were sitting around waiting for them to be invented, they just stayed close to the brewery. That's how villages were formed.
The wheel was invented to get man to the beer.
These two were the foundation of modern civilization and together were the catalyst for the splitting of humanity into two distinct subgroups: 1. Liberals. 2. Conservatives.
Some men spent their days tracking and killing animals to BBQ at night while they were drinking beer. This was the beginning of what is known as the Conservative movement.
Other men who were less skilled at hunting learned to live off the conservatives by showing up for the nightly BBQ's and doing the sewing, fetching, and hair dressing. This was the beginning of the Liberal movement.
Some of these liberal men evolved into women. Others became known as girlie-men. Some noteworthy Liberal achievements include the domestication of cats, the invention of group therapy, group hugs, and the concept of democratic voting to decide how to divide the meat and beer that Conservatives provided.
Over the years Conservatives came to be symbolized by the largest, most powerful land animal on earth, the elephant. Liberals are symbolized by the jackass for obvious reasons.
Modern Liberals like lite beer (with lime added), but most prefer white wine or imported bottled water. They eat raw fish but like their beef well done. Sushi, tofu, and French food are standard Liberal fare. Another interesting evolutionary side note: many Liberal women have higher testosterone levels than their men.
Most college professors, social workers, personal injury attorneys, journalists, film makers in Hollywood, group therapists and community organizers are Liberals. Liberals meddled in our national pastime and invented the designated hitter rule because it wasn't fair to make the pitcher also bat.
Conservatives drink real beer. They eat red meat and still provide for their women. Conservatives are big game hunters, rodeo cowboys, lumberjacks, construction workers, firemen, medical doctors, police officers, engineers, corporate executives, athletes, members of the military, airline pilots, and generally anyone who works productively. Conservatives who own companies hire other conservatives who want to work for a living.
Liberals produce little or nothing. They like to govern the producers and decide what to do with the production. Liberals believe Europeans are more enlightened than Americans. That is why most of the Liberals remained in Europe when Conservatives were coming to America. They crept in after the Wild West was tamed and created a business of trying to get more for nothing.
Here ends today's lesson in world history. It should be noted that a Liberal may have a momentary urge to angrily respond to this post.
A Conservative will simply laugh and be so convinced of the absolute truth of this history that it will be shared immediately to other true believers and to just **** off more liberals...
And there you have it. Let your next action reveal your true self. I'm going to have another beer.

So have a beer Bob
Old 03-02-2015, 06:43 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by sherod
Hey buddy - - you sure don't want to come down here right now. It is terrible. It was 80 degrees, sun was soooo bright it hurt my eyes, bushes/grass/flowers are growing so fast you can't keep up, water temps are coming up and keep hollering at me to come see them, can't get everything done cuz I wanna be out there more. You would not be happy here. ...............................

Thought I had a lighter week this week - - three more appointments for meetings this week. Too much going on - - think I will retire - - from all meetings. Need to hit the building department tomorrow and get some clarification on moving a road.

Think I will turn this thing off for the night - - enough of this. Nitey nite.

ps: Salty Dog snuck in here while I was posting. Great article - - that is so funny, yet so believable. Good going. As for the beer - - - I will stick with my ph00 - - smell of beer makes me - - - uuuuuuhhhhhh - - - well, you know. You should have seen me trying to find a door that would not fire off an alarm when going thru the Busch plant in Tampa. My wife said she never saw me move so fast - - made it to the bathroom before losing it. Just cannot stand that smell. I know - - I'm weird.

W0QNK
Old 03-02-2015, 08:58 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
YoYo wassup wit dat.
Lary is the rapster in the family. Just axe him bout his gig down in Vegas.
Scared Chunk.
Naaagrooo pleeaassee!
Old 03-03-2015, 03:52 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Morning rain freezing at times then 50s yesssss.

Coffee Ph00 for Bobby boy ham biscuits fried apples and hash browns

For everyone else we have beer Budweiser Coors miller and Sam Adams sadly only one is American company anymore.

There are a few cans of M855 by the door take what you can use.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:20 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Thanks for breakfast Clint

Trying to finish up taxes here...my head hurts from all the numbers bouncing around inside..I will be ready for a couple of those Sam Adams this afternoon
Old 03-03-2015, 06:50 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Thanks for the coffee etc. Actually been up for hours, but only got here now. My wife has been away for just over a week, so am running around sweeping, cleaning, dusting etc. She is a bit of a neat and clean freak so if I do not have everything hunky dory by the time she shows up in a couple of hours, I will be in deep doo-doo. Ya'all know the story, "if mama ain't happy .....".

Now that I have the house all spiffy, time for my morning ablutions and to get pretty. Waiting for the sun to rise and then will go out and wash her car.

Ciao.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:24 AM
DTR Mom

Goood morning diesel sniffers and other assorted smells.......

blueberry mountain coffee from costa rico. it is fresh bean, so you have to watch for jumping ones. hubby had some instead of folgers, ran outside and hauled up an oak tree for cutting (firewood). 8 degrees out, wind chill to -20 but warming up. must have been good coffee........I am afraid to drink it now.

did errands and everyone is so sick of snow, cold and ice. I am about four inches shy of a full 12 foot ice column I have been watching out a window. the birds use it for a drinking fountain apparently....

yes stan, clean up your bachelor days......heh heh

old dog, you r a kick....

Quick Reply: ***The Unending Winter 3/1-3/7***