get together planning

Old 09-23-2008, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Sounds like we should have a good couple of turnouts this weekend! The BBQ will be at my house on Sunday, 3pm-ish, I'll be smokng some ribs and the wife will be making some of her famous desserts, along with some awesome Italian chicken. I have some beer, but if you guys get overly thirsty talkin' smack about how fast your trucks might be, then you might wanna bring some more! If you are planning on showing up, PM me, and I will respond with directions. I won't complain about anyone bringing a few side dishes either-the wife says no man can live off of meat alone! I told her beer is not a meat, and technically has veggies in it (barley, hops,) but she disagrees, so potato salads, chips, corn on the cob should work! See ya all then!
Old 09-23-2008, 06:52 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 03RAMBUNCTIOUS
10-4,

well my work study job requires that i feed (livestock) everyday, so i can leave out sat AM (after i feed) and then return here sun afternoon.

is this still in the plans for a sat night bench racing and such???

Max
I am sure Otero is up for bench racin! I will text him and have him post up to make sure.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:54 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by BgBlkTrk
Sounds like we should have a good couple of turnouts this weekend! The BBQ will be at my house on Sunday, 3pm-ish, I'll be smokng some ribs and the wife will be making some of her famous desserts, along with some awesome Italian chicken. I have some beer, but if you guys get overly thirsty talkin' smack about how fast your trucks might be, then you might wanna bring some more! If you are planning on showing up, PM me, and I will respond with directions. I won't complain about anyone bringing a few side dishes either-the wife says no man can live off of meat alone! I told her beer is not a meat, and technically has veggies in it (barley, hops,) but she disagrees, so potato salads, chips, corn on the cob should work! See ya all then!

I was thinking since you live out in BFE we would all meet up and convoy out to terrorize your neighborhood! I am sure we can get a list going for side dishes!

1. I will bring paper plates and a case of coke
Old 09-23-2008, 07:12 PM

My neighborhood needs some terrorizing If you guys have quads and wanna go riding-bring those too-cuz we can basically ride straight out the front door, across the street, and into the mesas. Bennies of living out in BFE, as opposed to those crazy townies, but I ain't mentioning any names. (CBRAHS!)
Old 09-23-2008, 07:26 PM

we will bring:

2. Potato Salad and Macaroni Salad.

just need to know how much to make/bring....
Old 09-23-2008, 07:37 PM
Chapter President

My neighborhood needs some terrorizing If you guys have quads and wanna go riding-bring those too-cuz we can basically ride straight out the front door, across the street, and into the mesas. Bennies of living out in BFE, as opposed to those crazy townies, but I ain't mentioning any names. (CBRAHS!)
OH SNAP!!

i would love to be out in BFE though. I hate chity folk drivers! 45mph speed zone thru construction, double fine zone and I am getting passed and getting the finger for doing the speed limit. cops do nothing either! it is really fun on the bike!
Old 09-24-2008, 01:26 PM
I watch wind blow...

timeline for the weekend? i would like to venture that way early afternoon on sat?

and i am not sure what i can contribute, so tell me what and how much to bring, keep in mind college budget.

Max
Old 09-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Chapter President

I talked to Otero today and he has a 10k Run on sunday morning. He is going to see if he can bail out of it but not too sure so the bon fire might be out but we can get into trouble here at my place and BBQ burgers and have a mini pre get together. I am sure we can run by the store and get some goodies to bring along.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by cbrahs
I talked to Otero today and he has a 10k Run on sunday morning. He is going to see if he can bail out of it but not too sure so the bon fire might be out but we can get into trouble here at my place and BBQ burgers and have a mini pre get together. I am sure we can run by the store and get some goodies to bring along.
Hey now, a 10k run is a cop out-when I was in the Army and we went for our monday morning runs, we sweated out what we drank the night before-got to the point that the drill sergeant could tell what we were drinking by the way we smelled! I've got a few pms from you guys, will send out directions tomorrow!
Old 09-24-2008, 10:20 PM

Oh, and as far as contributions, I think we should have about a dozen people, so if you bring anything, plan for that many. We should have plenty of food on hand-Chris is gonna bring plates and Cokes, Wild04.5 is going to bring mac and potato salad, I'm gonna have ribs, chicken, dessert, my neighbor is bringing over a sausage dish, so the only other thing I can think of to bring is some more beer! Oh yeah, and an empty stomach!
Old 09-24-2008, 11:07 PM
Chapter President

I will bring the empty stomach! I am already fasting! LOL....
Old 09-24-2008, 11:41 PM

Hey what's going on Erik. And in case you're wondering, I still have not installed the cab lights I bought from you. But someday I will!

Anyways, it sounds like it's going to be great time this weekend. However, I'll be out of town. My family and I are going on our 1st camping trip in 8 years! We already have reservations, and we'll be in our new (new to us) 5th wheel.

I'll make the next get together!!!
Old 09-25-2008, 04:04 PM
I watch wind blow...

I am very excited to meet some new CTD's and owners, my North Texas DTR group was alot of fun. but I am up for ADOPTION. looknig forward to a great time.

Max
817 683-2710
Old 09-25-2008, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by stock03
Hey what's going on Erik. And in case you're wondering, I still have not installed the cab lights I bought from you. But someday I will!

Anyways, it sounds like it's going to be great time this weekend. However, I'll be out of town. My family and I are going on our 1st camping trip in 8 years! We already have reservations, and we'll be in our new (new to us) 5th wheel.

I'll make the next get together!!!
Dang-that sux! But have fun camping, and I will hold you to making the next meet! Let me know if you change your mind and I will PM you some directions-CBrahs is right, I do live out in BFE, so it took me a while to type them up!
Old 09-26-2008, 12:15 AM

Dang-that sux! But have fun camping, and I will hold you to making the next meet! Let me know if you change your mind and I will PM you some directions-CBrahs is right, I do live out in BFE, so it took me a while to type them up!

I'm looking forward to the camping. I'm almost finished installing my 5th wheel hitch (PITA), and then I have to install the break controller. Hopefullly I'll be ready by tomorrow evening.

Either way, I'll make the next get togehter. Maybe by that time I'll have the clearance lights installed , yeah right.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: get together planning