2nd Annual 10,000 lbft of Torque in the Southwest official

Old 03-18-2009, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really wanna go, trying to talk the wife into going. I think the most interesting part will be the dealers putting brand new stock trucks on the dyno. We'll see who really lives up to their claims (or who comes closest to their claims)
Old 03-18-2009, 09:18 AM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
tell her "honey if we go I will buy you a coach purse" lol Come on now!!
Old 03-18-2009, 10:43 AM

Lol I actually typed that message about 5 minutes before I asked her. It took no convincing at all, really. She asked no questions and said "I'll put it on the calendar." Looks like I'll be there unless something happens between now and then.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:41 PM

randallp84.

She either is getting into the diesel spirit of things or has cabin fever, eh?

Glad to hear you will be attending. Are you coning up the night before with you hotel accomodations in tow?

I am hoping we have a BIG turnout from us New Mexicans since we are the home state of the event. Maybe we need to challenge other state chapters to 'out number' us???

Whaddaya think Chris - battle in the numbers, we'll need a trophy for this? Maybe some donation of some kind for each chaper member? Add to the burriot count?

CD
Old 03-18-2009, 02:55 PM

Yeah we'll probably be coming up Friday night but we don't have a camper to bring. We'll have to get a motel or maybe my brother-in-law's girlfriend will let us stay with her. She's going to school at UNM. I won't be competing, I just want to watch. As for my wife, I think you're right on both of those. She stays at home and takes care of our 2-month-old baby boy so she gets tired of being in the house all day. But, she has always liked diesel trucks (mostly fords ). I actually bought her a 2000 F-250 Powerstroke about 3 weeks ago. My family almost disowned me for that move . Never ever thought I would let her talk me into buying a Ford. But at least it's a 7.3 and not a 6.0 or 6.4. The thing I like most about it, though, is the room in the back seat. It's very nice when hauling an infant around in a car seat.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:55 PM
Chapter President

Glad to hear you are making it!

We do have a group of guys coming from Arizona! Even hearing some rumor about some guys coming from east texas. I think my house is going to be packed from out of towners so it should be a good party! Maybe we can drag the party over to your place CD! LOL
Old 03-18-2009, 04:04 PM

I bet there will be 2 parties Chris, then everyone will have to be politically correct and get shuttled back and forth . . need on of those Cummins powered school buses, eh?

I would imagine that we could see plenty of RV'er Dodge Cummins enthusiasts over at the dyno site maybe. It is going to be a FUN time for all. I am looking forward to seeing the stock truck shootout too. I am also looking forward to seeing what all the goodies are that the vendors will be bringing. I guess I better load up the old checkbook for this event. Not that I NEED goodies, but, well, can't risk NOT being persuaded by all the temptations can we?

CD
Old 03-18-2009, 04:10 PM
Chapter President

that is the spirit!!
Old 03-27-2009, 12:22 PM
Chapter President

we have full sponsership from redbull for your event,tents ,tables,umbrellas and the arch infront of the dyno. Free redbull for everyone.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:33 AM

This is going to be a great event!! I am working with some other manufactures for some more items to raffle off. I will have some Cool Hoses maybe an exhaust system and more. I hope I can get my truck running before then, I would hate to half to bring the wifes Hemi.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Chapter President

we would hate to raz you for bringing the hemi! LOL
Old 04-09-2009, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by cbrahs
we would hate to raz you for bringing the hemi! LOL

YEP, I could see that happening BIG TIME!!!!! Of course, the only way you would get out of all the harassment is to throw that HEMI onto the dyno, get your rating, then take your lumps . . just kidding, but a dyno would be good info about that HEMI don't you think??

I'm going, driving the Cummins, not doing the dyno - I really don't care about the numbers - just donating whatever the dyno would cost straight up and planning to help Chris in whatever area is needed to make things run smoothly and take a little load off of him so he can do more where HE is needed.

Chris - have you figured out how/where you want everything as far as layout yet? Maybe I'll have to come up and visit and go over that with you before hand. That way I can take care of those arriving on Friday just in case you are slammed for time and cannot be in a couple places at once.

Let me know - Carol
Old 04-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Chapter President

You coming up would be great! I have been slammed with work the last 3 weeks and have not had time to breath! I have an idea as to the lay out.. Our truck club will line the front row of the rv parking area with our banner, vendors will line the back fence with trailers, booths, tents, ect... and contestants will fill in the center and front parking of Flash.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:06 PM

Hey Chris.

I can get up there on either Mon April 20th or Tuesday April 21st. If I remember correctly those are your days off every week??? I have some other days off as well, those are the earliest/closest days.

Let me know if either of those will work for you, otherwise we can look at other dates.

CD
Old 04-11-2009, 02:17 PM
Chapter President

i have everyday off now! the dealership got closed down by chrysler so I am "un employed" the 20th would be great, the 21st is my sons birthday but he will be in school til about 3.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2nd Annual 10,000 lbft of Torque in the Southwest official