2nd Annual 10,000 lbft of Torque in the Southwest official

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking 2nd Annual 10,000 lbft of Torque in the Southwest official

Families of Fallen Soldiers dyno day fund raiser!

May 16th at Flash Automotive on Jefferson just north of Paseo Del Norte

List of sponsors so far

High Desert Ravelco
HDR Diesel
Flash Automotive
New Mexico Off Road League
Rent-n-Go Rio Rancho
2nd to None Truck Club
Galles Chevrolet
Zangara Dodge
Don Chalmers Ford
Cross Country Auto
AlphaGraphics
Zazarsmith
Excel manufacturing
Ice Box manufacturing
PureFlow Technologies
Matco Tools (Ron Swartz)
PAPA
Pious Photography
Fraternal Order of Police (waiting on confrimation)
Albuquerque Fire Department (waiting on confirmation)

I am waiting on respones from a few other companies. The event is a fund raiser for Families of Fallen Soldiers in conjunction with the Purple Heart Association. Our event last year will be in April's Issue of Diesel Power. The event is called:

10,000 lbft of Torque in the Southwest

Last year we had 30 trucks show, we rolled 26 on the dyno and had a monster truck, BBQ, give a ways, door prizes, class trophies ect.... It was a great time and a great cause. We raise money to help offset travel and lodging expenses of the families that have lost a Hero. Anything you can donate for the event would be greatly appreciated.

This year, we have Ford, Chevy and Dodge dealers attending the event and are going to place new trucks on the rollers. We are going to have a traveling trophy for the dealers and they are helping us with TV promotions.

Keep an eye open for the event and would love to see as many of you guys/gals that can show!
Old 02-12-2009, 08:25 AM
Chapter President

Update

UPDATE: We are looking at having a videographer school come to film the event. They get to have a class project and we get copies of the event on disc!
Old 02-13-2009, 01:04 PM
Chapter President

Just got confirmation that we will be having a professional cinimatography group there to film the event and have DVD's available. the videos won't be available til near August but what the heck. this is cool
Old 02-14-2009, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Count me in, and thanks again for the Revelco install on such short notice. Hopefully I will have my smarty funds shortly so I can put down a respectable number on the dyno.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:23 PM

I should be there Chris-won't be doing a dyno pull, because I fear for my tranny's life, (and no, not that kinda tranny funnyman!) but am thinking of making a few racks of ribs that we can sell for maybe $1/plate, with proceeds going to the cause. Lemme know what you think!
Old 02-15-2009, 10:10 PM
Chapter President

CCD- you can borrow my smarty! LOL

Erik- Ribs sound GREAT!!!! I can't wait, this years event is going to be so cool.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:40 AM
Chapter President

Update

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
High Desert Ravelco Proudly Presents the 2nd Annual 10,000 lb. ft. of Torque in the Southwest to Benefit Families of Fallen Soldiers

Albuquerque, New Mexico, May 16, 2009- High Desert Ravelco presents the 2nd Annual 10,000 lb. ft. of Torque in the Southwest. This event is hosted by Flash Automotive on May 16th in Albuquerque New Mexico. We are raising money for Families of Fallen Soldiers in conjunction with the Purple Heart Association. All proceeds are donated to the Purple Heart Association to aide families for travel and lodging expenses traveling to Albuquerque to receive their memorial of a Fallen Hero who served in the United States Military in the Middle East, including Iraq and Afghanistan.
This event is a fund raiser to help offset travel and lodging costs for the families that have lost a Hero during the war. It is our way of saying thank you for their sacrifice and to honor them by paying for their expenses. The memorial is located here in Albuquerque.

This event is a time for diesel the enthusiast to place their truck on a chassis dyno to measure horsepower and torque, have some bragging rights, and most importantly is to raise money for families of fallen soldiers. There are several sponsors including High Desert Ravelco, HDR Diesel, Flash Automotive, New Mexico Off Road League, Cross Country Auto Sales, Rent-n-Go Rio Rancho, 2nd to None Truck Club, Galles Chevrolet, Melloy Dodge, Don Chalmers Ford, Tri-State Printing, Lazarsmith, Excel Manufacturing, Ice Box Manufacturing, PureFlow Technologies, Matco Tools (Ron Swartz)and Pan American Merchant & Financial Services, The Public Academy for Performing Arts, Line X of Albuquerque, RECON.

Flash Automotive is located on Jefferson just north of Paseo Del Norte on the west side of the street. There will be ample parking. The event starts at 8:30am sharp with vendor set up and contestant registration to begin at 7:30am.

For More Information, Contact:
Chris Brahs
High Desert Ravelco
505-980-8114
FAX-505-323-3652
chris@highdesertravelco.com

- END -
Old 03-10-2009, 09:17 AM

Hey Chris.

EXCELLENT !!!!! I guess I'll have to dust off the old truck and make a run up.

CD
Old 03-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Chapter President

looking forward to seeing you!
Old 03-10-2009, 10:21 PM

I just noticed the starting time !!!!! I'd have to be on the road at 4am to get there at 7:30am -

I guess I could drag my trailer up that way on Friday and stay the night. I actually am not working in the office on Friday, in fact, had a 5-day long weekend scheduled off for that weekend, guess I now know why I did that to my schedule. Any place close to there for 'camping out'? I'm fully self-contained, just need a parking space. I suppose others traveling from any distance might need the same, have you looked into this if some need it?

Let me know. I look forward to a visit too. It has been too long since we last got together. Time flies - when you're having fun (or not), just time has been flying by, eh?

Carol
Old 03-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Chapter President

I think there is a large area right near the dyno. I can go ask this week if we can get a few trailers in there.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:25 AM

That would be great if you could make that arrangement. I know that when you have to travel some distance to something being able to 'set up' on site or close to on site is a good advantage in bringing in people.

If you get something arranged, I could get up there early-mid day Friday, I guess be like the welcoming person for those who want to get there Friday night bringing an RV. BE glad to help out for this worthy cause. I know ther are some RV parks outside the city a ways, but I'd rather donate what it would cost me to park there to the event. Also, I don't plan to go on the rollers but am planning to donate that amount as well.

Carol
Old 03-16-2009, 11:53 PM
Chapter President

Final Press Release!!!

We also have parking for you guys draggin your RV!! RIGHT NEXT TO THE DYNO SHOP!!!! YAHOOOO

WECKS restaurant is donating 100 breakfast burritos!!!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
High Desert Ravelco Proudly Presents the 2nd Annual 10,000 lb. ft. of Torque in the Southwest to Benefit Families of Fallen Soldiers

Albuquerque, New Mexico, May 16, 2009- High Desert Ravelco presents the 2nd Annual 10,000 lb. ft. of Torque in the Southwest. This event is hosted by Flash Automotive on May 16th in Albuquerque New Mexico. We are raising money for Families of Fallen Soldiers in conjunction with the Purple Heart Association. All proceeds are donated to the Purple Heart Association to aide families for travel and lodging expenses traveling to Albuquerque to receive their memorial of a Fallen Hero who served in the United States Military in the Middle East, including Iraq and Afghanistan.
This event is a fund raiser to help offset travel and lodging costs for the families that have lost a Hero during the war. It is our way of saying thank you for their sacrifice and to honor them by paying for their expenses. The memorial is located here in Albuquerque.
This event is a time for diesel the enthusiast to place their truck on a chassis dyno to measure horsepower and torque, have some bragging rights, and most importantly is to raise money for families of fallen soldiers. There are several sponsors including High Desert Ravelco, HDR Diesel, Flash Automotive, New Mexico Off Road League, Cross Country Auto Sales, Rent-n-Go Rio Rancho, 2nd to None Truck Club, Galles Chevrolet, Melloy Dodge, Don Chalmers Ford, Tri-State Printing, Lazarsmith, Excel Manufacturing, Ice Box Manufacturing, PureFlow Technologies, Matco Tools (Ron Swartz)and Pan American Merchant & Financial Services, The Public Academy for Performing Arts, Line X of Albuquerque, RECON and WECKS Restaurant.
Flash Automotive is located on Jefferson just north of Paseo Del Norte on the west side of the street. There will be ample parking. The event starts at 8:30am sharp with vendor set up and contestant registration to begin at 7:30am.
For More Information, Contact:
Chris Brahs
505-980-8114
FAX-505-323-3652
chris@highdesertravelco.com
- END -
Old 03-17-2009, 10:57 PM

Hey Chris.

Glad to hear that parking WILL be available for those of us who will drag an RV to the event. It will save a lot of time being right there handy to things that will be happening. I will get up there earlier on Friday, so if you need help, a helping hand will be available.

I look forward to meeting people from the forum here - all you guys who want some numbers regarding your mods - plan to attend this event, tow birds with one stone, you get your numbers and you will be supporting a very good cause.

CD
Old 03-17-2009, 11:09 PM
Chapter President

looking forward to seeing you to CD!! The car dealers are getting excited for the event and having their little power war! I am having trophies made up that are billet aluminum for the dealers and a couple other classes. XLR8R made up some KILLER trophies last year so I am looking forward to see what Mike makes up this year. THANK YOU MIKE!!!

Quick Reply: 2nd Annual 10,000 lbft of Torque in the Southwest official