NJDTR #37 Forum for the New Jersey chapter #37

Gathering and general jersey stuff thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
those are great names. i cant believe you went out and got 2 of them.i guess brother's huh.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:46 PM

Yeah, they are brothers and we are definitely going to have our hands full. They are pretty good about staying by the house, and they rarely separate from each other.
A friend just posted a bunch of pics of them on Facebook, here are a couple quick ones:

Turbo is the tan one, Diesel is the black one. Going to start weighing them soon and see what they are gaining.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:36 PM

make sure you feed them good food.they have to eat the same food everyday for 10 15 years. WELLNESS CORE,OR SOLID GOLD.both these will keep your dogs healthier,really nice coats, and they will flat out live longer.everything else on the market is garbage trust me.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:19 PM
Banned

they look like a lot of fun, good luck with them. went to Dr.s today, they want to get a cat scan w contrast to make sure I didn't damage my spleen, and will show wether or not my rib is broken.... what joy I tell ya, least I got some tylenol w codein to make breathin less painfull. as for cricket hill, this fri night is out, too short notice, and too much goin on. maybe we should vote on which night to make it in April.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:51 PM

Those are some good looking pups Pat. Good luck with them.

Mike, what ya got cooking? Some secret squirrel stuff?
Old 03-26-2009, 07:11 PM

I am going to Atco friday night if anyone wants to come out. I am gonna run my heap and see what it does.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:02 PM

you know i would like to go to that track, but its 2and a half hours away.island is 35 minutes, and englishtown is an hour and a half.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:27 PM

Pat should haver been Trouble 1 and Trouble 2 and you are going to be going
Old 03-27-2009, 04:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice pups, looks like one was by your tailpipe on startup though. Maybe you shoulda named him "soot". Good luck with 'em.I knew a guy who had twin dogs and to walk them he would just tie them together,. I f ya think about it, tied together they couldn't get too far from ya. They could never run far like that.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Banned

ha, ya know, he's right, does look like that one looked down the dyno pipe.............
Old 03-27-2009, 10:24 PM

just came back from the track.ive never seen so many people.there had to be 7-800 if not over a thousand.bunch of diesel's, tons of every kind of car on the road. even the stands were jam packed.definaetly should of brought my helmet and jacket.it was the best night at island ive ever had
Old 03-28-2009, 06:56 AM

Dyno info West Milford

I just looked up the alleged dyno here in W Milford and according to Dynojet's listing of places, Snider's Auto in W Milford has a 224x. This appears to be a barebones model, not sure if he can accomodate us, but I will be heading up there shortly to find out. This shop just got it, and is located accross from shop rite in WM. Stay tuned for an update.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:58 AM

UPDATE on the Dyno

He can run diesels and 4x4's on it, but he is waiting to receive som big hoses for the exhaust. i could always scrounge one up if he doesn't come thru. His name is John, at Snider's Auto im West Milford. Marshall Hill rd to be exact. He said $75 for 3 runs on a Saturday afternoon if you bring a couple vehicles. The only downside to all this is he is only a stones throw from development, a new walgreens, shopping centers and the po po dept.(Town Hall). I can see the smoke being an issue real fast. But hey it's worth a shot on a Saturday afternoon. What do you guys think?
Old 03-28-2009, 08:48 AM

Thanks guys, yeah we have our hands full for a while. I have to say though, they are pretty good over all. Working on training, they are good about staying on the property and not disappearing. The tan one is already starting to calm down and unwind, but the smaller one is standing strong to his wild energy.

This dyno place isn't the same one from a few threads ago that had a real bad rep right? stupid question, I am sure but wanted to make certain... Any chances of an event happening on a Sunday instead of Sat?

Wish I was still closer to the neighborhood, I am missin all the fun... We will actually be in NJ tomorrow I think, gonna be visiting Grandma after her hip surgery and introducing the pups to the family. that should be fun
Old 03-28-2009, 10:48 AM

Don't know anything of his reputation. It os a new unit installed 2 months ago, maybe I missed something about it? I just saw a post on pg 3 making mention of one in my area, hopefully all goes well. It is at the gas station where I fill up, right under my nose and 2 mins from the house, he finally hung a banner.

Quick Reply: Gathering and general jersey stuff thread