NCDTR #18 Forum for the North Carolina chapter #18

Where is everyone and what is new?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 07:19 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Tacsavage
John
That Mercury should do just fine. That is pretty good speed out of a 50hp engine. I'm waiting on Keegan to come in and I'm going to try and scare the crap out of him. Hopefully I will be able to push it closer to 100mph by then!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Dustin!

Man, that boat of yours sounds like it FLIES!!! You will have to take me for a ride sometime.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by John_P
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Dustin!

Man, that boat of yours sounds like it FLIES!!! You will have to take me for a ride sometime.
Stroker Bass Boat with a hydrotec phase 3 yamaha with a merc sportmaster lower unit. Engine should be about 360hp. I'll let you know when I bring it down to NC, you would be a welcomed guest. Plan on coming down and doing some fishin with Keegan.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:44 PM

I'm waiting on Keegan to come in and I'm going to try and scare the crap out of him. Hopefully I will be able to push it closer to 100mph by then!
Yeah, I'm not exactly too enthused about this.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Administrator

Stroker Bass Boat with a hydrotec phase 3 yamaha with a merc sportmaster lower unit. Engine should be about 360hp. I'll let you know when I bring it down to NC, you would be a welcomed guest. Plan on coming down and doing some fishin with Keegan.
---------------------------------------
That sounds good Dustin!
Old 07-03-2010, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Dustin:

If they will work, here is a couple of links to some pictures of our retsored 1960 Glasspar G-3 Skiboat:

http://forums.fiberglassics.com/g3/s...essageID=20419

http://www.flglassparclub.phanfare.com/

Dustin,.. in the second link, click on the link to the "St. Johns River, Fla.",.....
December 5, 2009.

------
John
Old 07-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Dustin:

I just tried the links and they did seem to work alright.

I wanted to let you know that the red deck on our G-3 is the ORIGINAL gel coat that came on the boat!! Not bad for a boat that is FIFTY-One years old huh? We did have to re-glass and paint the white hull, transom and sides as they were nicked up in some spots and the white had yellowed some from age. But, as you can see, it looks pretty good now!

------
John
Old 07-06-2010, 10:49 AM

Dang John....That is one pretty boat....Me and Dad's boat dont hold up to that....but here she is...

Old 07-06-2010, 10:50 AM

Here is your picture John...

Old 07-06-2010, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ShakinRedCTD
Dang John....That is one pretty boat....Me and Dad's boat dont hold up to that....but here she is...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Nate,...thanks for your nice comments! That looks like a nice boat you and your Dad have too! Nice truck pulling it too!

Also,....thanks for posting the picture of our G-3 there too! FWIW,....that was taken down in Florida back in December 09' at "Parramores Campground"
right on the St. John's River west of Jacksonville, Fla. We went there for a Classic Glasspar Antique Rally.

-------
John
Old 07-06-2010, 11:17 AM

Thanks John,

It is a 1997 Sunbird Neptune 230 with a 1998 225 Johnson OceanPro. She aint fast, but she runs pretty dang good!

Finally got the truck back from the body shop. Some old lady decided after she placed her order at Arby's to back into me and park her car under my truck. I need to get the insurance on it again though, it is still drifting and wandering since the accident. They took it to Natl dodge and had an alignment done. I also got a recall for the steering linkages on my year and vin...
Old 07-06-2010, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by John_P
Dustin:

I just tried the links and they did seem to work alright.

I wanted to let you know that the red deck on our G-3 is the ORIGINAL gel coat that came on the boat!! Not bad for a boat that is FIFTY-One years old huh? We did have to re-glass and paint the white hull, transom and sides as they were nicked up in some spots and the white had yellowed some from age. But, as you can see, it looks pretty good now!

------
John
That boat looks great! I'm suprised that is the original red, usually it fades a lot over time. You have done outstanding work on it. It looks like the boat was pretty well taken care of. I liked those pics on the water. It sets real nice on the water. Plus I would love to go bass fishing down there. I'll post some pics up of Redline once it is completed. Dustin
Old 07-06-2010, 01:40 PM

That is one nice big ol boat! I bet it does well on big water!
Old 07-06-2010, 08:38 PM

John, that boat is sweet!!

I want to get an old Hydrostream Vector and restore it. How hard is it to get new gelcoat put on a boat?

It does have a really nice stance.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Thanks John,

It is a 1997 Sunbird Neptune 230 with a 1998 225 Johnson OceanPro. She aint fast, but she runs pretty dang good!

Finally got the truck back from the body shop. Some old lady decided after she placed her order at Arby's to back into me and park her car under my truck. I need to get the insurance on it again though, it is still drifting and wandering since the accident. They took it to Natl dodge and had an alignment done. I also got a recall for the steering linkages on my year and vin...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
DANG Nate,....I am very sorry to hear about what happened to your truck!
Sounds like you got it all fixed though!
Old 07-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Administrator

That boat looks great! I'm suprised that is the original red, usually it fades a lot over time. You have done outstanding work on it. It looks like the boat was pretty well taken care of. I liked those pics on the water. It sets real nice on the water. Plus I would love to go bass fishing down there. I'll post some pics up of Redline once it is completed. Dustin
-----------------
Thanks for your nice comments on our old G-3 Dustin! I have to give ALOT of credit to my Dad though. He bought the boat new for my older Brother WAY BACK in 1959 although the boat is an early 1960 model! And your right, my Dad stayed on all of us,.....HARD,....about keeping the boat covered and in the garage,....ALWAYS! Back then, it would tick me off how mad he would get at us over it, but now I see why. His constant "vigilance" with the boat is why it looks like it does today Dustin!
He passed away and left the boat in his will to my younger Brother and I but my Brother Dave already had a boat, so he told me to go get it up in Green Bay, Wisconsin! So we did and over the last two years, I have worked on it with ALOT of help from a good friend of mine in Wilmington. I gotta tell you Dustin, I have seen alot of the 1960-1968 Glasspar G-3's over the last year or so and there are alot of them that are real "reclamation projects!" Fortunately,....ours didn't need a whole lot. I went with the new Merc because the old 1964 Classic Merc 65 was pretty well shot (bad powerhead)
and they are hard to get parts for. I also have a "Bobs Machine Hydraulic Jackplate" on it!

Looking forward to your pictures and a ride in that rocketship of yours buddy!

------
John

Quick Reply: Where is everyone and what is new?