NCDTR #18 Forum for the North Carolina chapter #18

Timeslips!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If Banshee says something in 99.999999999% of the cases he right!!!!!!

I know this because of all the help he gave me getting my 05 into the mid 12s

CRIS
Old 06-01-2008, 05:14 PM
Chapter President

I don't race much so I hope dropped2500 will listen to what I say with an open mind.

I agree with Banshee on the time deal. Reaction has nothing to do for when your time begins. Reaction time is figured by when the green light comes on and when you leave the starting line, that's all. After your tire clears the second laser is when your time begins. Or at least that's how I understand how it works, but like I said I don't drag race much.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mike D
I don't race much so I hope dropped2500 will listen to what I say with an open mind.

I agree with Banshee on the time deal. Reaction has nothing to do for when your time begins. Reaction time is figured by when the green light comes on and when you leave the starting line, that's all. After your tire clears the second laser is when your time begins. Or at least that's how I understand how it works, but like I said I don't drag race much.
Just for the point of presence, I will do just this next friday...I will stage, let the tree run, post a 2.XX R/T with a 13.XX time slip. Not trying to start a fight in here, just toot my horn for a first timers run at the track....

Thanks to the guys that were there. Monster, that was a FAST run and a heck of a difference between the two. What did you pick up? It was over a full second right?
Old 06-01-2008, 06:44 PM

i really dont care how much "credit" someone has...he may be a diesel god but i have been drag racing way before yall diesel guys knew what a drag strip was...i dont drag race diesels mine is for street playing and daily driving! But what do i know i only have a 12 sec mustang and run around with guys that have 11 10 and 9 sec street cars! Ahh well! Just trying to help! But as all wise guys say...ill keep my 2 cents if its not wanted!
Old 06-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by dropped2500
i really dont care how much "credit" someone has...he may be a diesel god but i have been drag racing way before yall diesel guys knew what a drag strip was...i dont drag race diesels mine is for street playing and daily driving! But what do i know i only have a 12 sec mustang and run around with guys that have 11 10 and 9 sec street cars! Ahh well! Just trying to help! But as all wise guys say...ill keep my 2 cents if its not wanted!
So, because we drag race diesel trucks you assume we've never drag raced before? You're brilliant!

Bring your mustang to NC and we'll race heads up. Winner will admit the other guy was right. Myself and Banshee have mid 12 second trucks so it should be a good race.

If it makes you feel any better we know some guys who have 11, 10, and 9 second diesel trucks. Does that make us more qualified in your eyes now?

Here's some reference material if you would like to brush up on the how the christmas tree works.

http://www.staginglights.com/

http://www.racerchicks.com/motor/DS_drag101.html

Quote from above site.

To begin with, the clock doesn’t start in your lane till your car moves from the starting line. Even though the starting system, referred to as the christmas tree, is in the form of amber lights preceding a green light, once the green light comes on, as long as your car has not moved, the clock hasn’t started.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Nate and MonsterRig:

CONGRATULATIONS to you guys on your great times! Nate, your right on the edge of the 13's buddy! If I had been in town I would have come out there with you guys. I was out of state in Colorado. But maybe I can get out there with you guys on Friday. Is that their new "test and tune" night at CPD now?

BTW,......banshee is right about the reaction time issue!

-------
John_P
Old 06-01-2008, 07:46 PM

Yes Shakin, it was a full second and a half difference, I just let her have it. It was a full throttle launch, luckily I didnt spin the tires, (or lose the tranny) But it was great and Id love to do it again, with more trucks of course. Oh and the shootout, is a GREAT idea, there are so many trucks in this area and it would be big, I guarantee it....
Old 06-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike D
So, because we drag race diesel trucks you assume we've never drag raced before? You're brilliant!

Bring your mustang to NC and we'll race heads up. Winner will admit the other guy was right. Myself and Banshee have mid 12 second trucks so it should be a good race.

If it makes you feel any better we know some guys who have 11, 10, and 9 second diesel trucks. Does that make us more qualified in your eyes now?

Here's some reference material if you would like to brush up on the how the christmas tree works.

http://www.staginglights.com/

http://www.racerchicks.com/motor/DS_drag101.html

Quote from above site.
------------------------------
Good reference sites Mike! I pit crew for Jimmy and Dale Smith, Owners of the fastest Dodge Pro-Street 4X4 Pickup Truck in the U.S. right now which ran a 9.75@139 MPH last year at a DHRA Sanctioned Event. Does that count?

--------
John_P
Old 06-01-2008, 07:59 PM
Chapter President

John, Haven't you been drag racing since the 60's?!? Plus the fact you have a street driven 11 second 12 valve.

Maybe we should get John Force to give this guy a call.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by masonic-dodge
If Banshee says something in 99.999999999% of the cases he right!!!!!!

I know this because of all the help he gave me getting my 05 into the mid 12s

CRIS
I was wrong that one time.... when I thought I made a mistake LOL. Just kidding...
Old 06-01-2008, 08:49 PM

Yes sir, they changed T&T to Fri nights....
Old 06-01-2008, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by dropped2500
your thoughts couldn't be more wrong on this. I race all the time and I can sit on the line for 10 minutes after the green light is on and still run 9 seconds. It is that simple.

Good job again shakin. Your reaction time will do nothing to your et. it will just make you win or lose because that is where 90% of races are won. On the line.

Dropped street racing and track racing are apples and oranges. Please talk to some of your local racers the next time you have your 12 second stang out and let them explain it to you.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:43 PM

I would love to know where he got his info from, he def needs to do some homework.....hmmm ive seen you cruisin Lejeune before, gotta love the 3500 SRW
Old 06-01-2008, 11:01 PM

yall run your mouths WAYYYYY to much for "computer" talk! An miked when yall fell froggie enough to bring your "12 sec" truck to texas ill will be more then glad to show you how us texans do it...and if you would like ill run you up against a lil honda civic...hahaha
Old 06-01-2008, 11:09 PM

A potentially good thread gone dead wrong...