NCDTR #18 Forum for the North Carolina chapter #18

NC #18 Meeting June 7th

Old 06-07-2008, 03:39 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NC #18 Meeting June 7th

Thanks to everyone who showed up for our meeting today. I think we're heading in the right direction with regards to growing the Chapter and future events.

John will be posting some of the highlights/minutes from today.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Very good NCDTR #18 Chapter Meeting today!

We had ten (10) DTR Members and one new prospective Member show up at the "Cracker Barrel" Restaurant this morning and those DTR Members and our guest were as follows:

MEMBER NAME-----------------------------------------USER NAME---------

1.) John Porterfield, Sr.---------------------------------John_P-------------
2.) John Porterfield, Jr.---------------------------------banshee------------
3.) Mike Dolan-----------------------------------------MIke D.-------------
4.) Chris Lamm-----------------------------------------ratlratl-------------
5.) Daniel Zilles----------------------------------------zuki_dan------------
6.) Keegan Mabe--------------------------------------UnrulyNFS-----------
7.) Michael Gardner------------------------------------Floorman-----------
8.) Cris Sonnichsen----------------------------------masonic-dodge--------
9.) Alan Osborne-------------------------------------Augie Dog------------
10.) Phil McMaster-----------------------------------McMopar-------------
11.) Shawn Wood------------------------------------Prospective Member--

I want to thank all of the NCDTR #18 Members that took time to attend this important meeting. We all had breakfast together and then drove over to Phil McMaster's home to nominate and vote on the new Officer Positions, including, President, Secretary and Trustee. My sincere thanks to Phil for the use of his garage/home for the voting as it was much to crowded and public for any business at "Cracker Barrel."

Nominations were made and ballot voting was conducted by the Members and the following Members won the voting for the open positions:

1.) President: Mike Dolan
2.) Secretary: Keegan Mabe
3.) Trustee: Phil McMaster

I retained my position as Vice-President of NCDTR #18.

I want to sincerely CONGRATULATE Mike, Keegan and Phil on winning the voting for the above positions!! These three (3) NCDTR #18 Members have been very active in our Chapter for a long time now and IMHO, the positions are well deserved! We also have given Keegan Mabe (UnrulyNFS) an "Honorary" Title of NCDTR #18's Official Videographer as he has done such an excellent job for us the past few years!

After the voting, we discussed the direction we all would like to see NCDTR #18 go. We are going to schedule some upcoming dyno and drag racing events very soon. We encourage ALL NCDTR #18 Members to give us input on what you guys are interested in. Guys, this is YOUR Chapter, and the Chapter can only be as good as the Members make it. I would personally like to see NCDTR #18 become one of the most active Chapters in the DieselTruckResource Organization!

I will try to get an official transcript of todays meeting up as soon as possible.

Thanks again to all of you!

---------
John_P
Old 06-07-2008, 08:05 PM
DTR question asker

Congrats to you all, sorry that I missed the meeting. Sounds like it was a very productive one.

Phil, is there any way you could bring an application with you for me when you come up next weekend?
Old 06-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Chapter President

Nice recap, John!

Dennis, Sorry you couldn't make the meeting. If Phil doesn't have an application contact myself for an email address and I'll send one to you.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:56 PM

Mike, I'm gonna pm my addy to you. Send me one as well and I'll try to get it on my site sometime.

The tranny is almost in. Had to fight with it. Got it bolted up after about two hours, some fowl language and a few breaks. I'll try to finish it off in the morning if I can walk.

I'll say thanks to everybody for the secretary and videography position. I hope I can do a good job of it for us.

Keegan
Old 06-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by UnrulyNFS
Mike, I'm gonna pm my addy to you. Send me one as well and I'll try to get it on my site sometime.

The tranny is almost in. Had to fight with it. Got it bolted up after about two hours, some fowl language and a few breaks. I'll try to finish it off in the morning if I can walk.

I'll say thanks to everybody for the secretary and videography position. I hope I can do a good job of it for us.

Keegan
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keegan:

Again, congratulations on being our new Secretary! I have NO DOUBT that you will do an excellent job for us Keegan like you always have buddy! I am glad you came over to our "diesel side" from the truck gasser world! That seems like a long time ago Keegan!

---------
John_P
Old 06-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I'm sorry I'm so far away from you guys... I'd love to be a member of NC #18... and be able to participate...
Old 06-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Chapter President

Sent you an e-mail, Keegan. Thanks for trying to host that for everyone.

I also wanted to thank everyone for the opportunity to serve the Chapter as President.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:33 AM
MMMmmmm.... Grits!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Congrats again to Mike. Your enthusiasm will certainly propel this chapter to the front. Especially with Brian B as one of your advisors. Never met a more happy guy even when things go wrong.

Keegan, I know that feeling for sure. Congrats on the new position.

John_P I do believe we have set up an extremely positive "cabinet" for our chapter. Looking forward to our events. Will we ever see Cris again though since Phil will be so close to central now, or will we just have to kidnap Phil to get him to far away events?

Chris
Old 06-08-2008, 01:31 PM

Congrats guys sounds like some great choices once again and hate as well. that I didnt get to make it up but after being up all night at a customers site I was out of it. MIke I shoot you my email address and if you can just send me the form u fill it out and get it back to you.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mike, can you e-mail me a copy of the application for Dennis? Thanks for the support and votes guys! Mike, JP and myself have worked together on events before, so the way I see it nothing changed except maybe for the "paper trail" . Keegan, it will be fun as always!! Good to see you, and that nice shinny new tranny!!

And yes, I "might" venture away from home once or twice this year-----Maybe--See you August 9th, Dad will be with my brothers.

Chris and Cris, both of you, better make it

Thanks to all the others who stopped by my house for the meeting!!
Old 06-09-2008, 10:10 AM

I hope they lock the 9th in real soon so I can start doing some recruiting.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Chapter President

I'll give David a call if we don't hear something soon.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:48 AM

Guys,
i had an emergency that came up at the last minute. we had a friend in our neighborhood that came up missing at the bar friday night. i was leavin early so i could get out there on time, but we had a friend that we thought disappeared, so we had to head out lookin the ditches and trails and such all the way back to my house. it was 0630 before he just showed up at my house. i was too exhausted to turn around and head out down I-40. my apologies guys. congrats on the voting, and im glad it was a success.
jimmy
Old 06-09-2008, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Southern Pride
Guys,
i had an emergency that came up at the last minute. we had a friend in our neighborhood that came up missing at the bar friday night. i was leavin early so i could get out there on time, but we had a friend that we thought disappeared, so we had to head out lookin the ditches and trails and such all the way back to my house. it was 0630 before he just showed up at my house. i was too exhausted to turn around and head out down I-40. my apologies guys. congrats on the voting, and im glad it was a success.
jimmy

Okay, that's got to be the winner for best excuse thus far.

I'm just kiddin.... I'm glad your friend was safe. Hit him over the head for making you miss the meeting.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NC #18 Meeting June 7th