Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

DHRA Texas Diesel Nationals!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DHRA Texas Diesel Nationals!

October 14-15 DHRA Texas Diesel Nationals (Nowel Thomas World Finals)-sled pulling, drag racing, dyno, vendors, burnout competition, show-n-shine, DHRA Do my Diesel and the first ever DHRA Barn Bash after hours party!
Saturday will be open drag racing and sled pulling- come hook to the sled and/or run down the drag strip for fun. We will have DHRA DieselPower! Sled Pulling pros on site to help you learn the sport and possibly increase your distance and confidence for Sunday's competition sled pull.
On Sunday come out to see the Pro Diesel Series finals and DieselPower! Drag Racing Shootout. Watch Pro Street Champion Darren Morrison defend his title or participate in our open ET Bracket race.
Also witness 4 DHRA Modified, and 4 Super Street sled pullers including 2005 DieselPower! Sled Pulling Series champion Kent Crowder and the world famous Scheid Pulling Truck! All this action at Houston Raceway Park in October-plan on being there! www.dhraonine.com/?GROUP=series&PAGE=nathrp for more details.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:19 AM

More news, both Haisley modified trucks (Off Constantly and Rock Hard Ram) are raffling off chances to take a ride in the trucks. Two lucky spectators will get the chance to experience DHRA Modified pulling from the cockpit! All proceeds from the raffle will go to Make a Wish foundation.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds fun! Im sure a few of us from the N. Texas group will come down.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:48 PM
Banned

Guarantee I'll be there. Maybe do another camp out at my parents place?
Old 05-11-2006, 05:12 PM

I hope to get ODRA involved, I need to break some time off to call Micah!
Old 05-11-2006, 11:34 PM

Eric.. are you bringing a sled from the Mid-west???
And are you going to be pulling any other classes...
We'll be there...
Bryan
Old 05-12-2006, 02:49 PM

Would like to find a local to Houston sled, but the first person that can help me with the $5000 it would cost to get our sled down there, I'll give them an event sponsorship!-VIP suite, logo on shirts, logo on all advertising, etc.
Of course we'll be pulling work stock and street diesel classes.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:11 PM

The reason I was asking is that I don't know of any sleds that are going to be local.. Most of the tractor pulling in Texas is about dead.. as far as the level of sled you are going to need... the Outlaws that come to pull in TX always bring their own sled... There are lots of Antiques.. but I only know of one sled that has pulled tractors and trucks at the level you need.. but the current owner has not... I hope there is a sled hiding out there, somewhere.. It might be cheaper to find a sled.. but better to bring something that you KNOW will get the job done..

Some of the scales are a little short too...
Good Luck,
Bryan
Old 05-12-2006, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by JDGnut
The reason I was asking is that I don't know of any sleds that are going to be local.. Most of the tractor pulling in Texas is about dead.. as far as the level of sled you are going to need... the Outlaws that come to pull in TX always bring their own sled... There are lots of Antiques.. but I only know of one sled that has pulled tractors and trucks at the level you need.. but the current owner has not... I hope there is a sled hiding out there, somewhere.. It might be cheaper to find a sled.. but better to bring something that you KNOW will get the job done..

Some of the scales are a little short too...
Good Luck,
Bryan
Ditto on the whole sled thing
I talked with Patty Haisley last night and she said there is a nice sled up in Missouri but that would be about the closest QUALITY SLED you are gonna find. that I know of any how and I know if theres not a quality sled there that scheids or Haisleys will not PULL and risk breaking something.

JMO
jake

P.S. Bryan where are the Outlaws out of are they closer than Missouri.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:09 PM

Don't forget the party/open house at Diesel Innovations that friday the 13th! I'll definitley be there, maybe even with my NEW toy.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:33 PM

Ah screw it, I called Lowry's, so we can have the best sled in the business there! Anyone float me a loan?