Misc Vehicles or Trailers For Sale Sell your non-Dodge or non-CTD vehicle here including trailers.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Fifth Wheel and tow vehicle for sale

Old 07-18-2015, 06:26 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Fifth Wheel and tow vehicle for sale

Carriage 37' Triple slide, loaded. Carriage is one of the top 4 full-timer rated rigs on the road. This is a 2000 Carriage LS362. It is 36'10" long and wide body, 102". Has a factory built box frame (not Lippert - made by Carriage) and has 16"oc and 2"thick aluminum framed walls with fiberglass insulation and moisture barrier (rather than vacuum bonded walls). Carriage is one of the few builders that mastered the trick of not cutting the frame for the slides.
50amp electric service with washer/dryer hookup. MorRyde Independent suspension, MorRyde rubber shocked kingpin, Onan Marquis Gold 6500w generator (propane), twin 40# propane bottles, G614 G rated tires. Just before heading for Alaska last summer the IS suspension was rebuilt including steel/rubber shock plates and bearings ($2200), generator valves adjusted - tune up and new gas regulator ($980), new AC unit ($860), new high rise potty, new holding tank valves. Prosine 2000w sine wave inverter and highly smart battery charger to charge the dual Trojan 6v T105 deep cycle batteries. Inverter is hard wired to key outlets and has full digital readout of both 120v and 12v operation and monitors incorrectly wired camp power. Large holding tanks and fresh water tank allowing a good week dry camping.

Interior is very large and comfortable. Real solid wood cabinets (washed Oak finish) with corian counters. Rear lounge with the whole rear end a picture window and two large leather recliners that sure are nice turned backwards when backed in to a gorgeous camp site plus convertible couch. 32" flat screen TV that swivels to where you are sitting - - stereo system and satellite dish. Queen bed and 8' wide closet plus washer/dryer closet. Tub/glassed in shower in bath area. Large exterior awning, huge basement storage in front, side and rear.

The tow vehicle is a 2003 Ram 3500 Laramie Quad Cab, Long Bed Dually with Cummins 5.9HO, trailer option with 4.10 rear axle and 6 speed stick . Clutch replaced last summer with South Bend Heavy duty complete with fly wheel and SB heavy duty hydraulics. Truck is loaded with upgrade sound, CB, LineX, 50 gallon aux tank/tool box, in-bed 7 pin socket, Air Safe 25,000# hitch with Binkley head, Bremen Boards, mud flaps, Jordan 2020 brake controller, good tires. This has not been a work truck - - my putt around town truck and tow the fiver - - I am quite fussy with how it is driven. Total of 108,000 miles and serviced on time or early. No accidents and looks very good. The only thing I know that will need work is the clear coat is starting to crack and flake. Interior is clean and not worn.

Several members of this forum have seen and been in our rig and truck. The comments always were "no way this is a 2000 fiver." The total rig can be purchased for $29,500. Buy them both and I have lots of "goodies" that will be yours. Pictures can be seen in my album - - Fiverbob. PM for more info.

Bob
Old 07-18-2015, 08:03 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Wow Bob... that's a great deal!
Old 07-18-2015, 08:06 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I shared it on my FB page too... if I was in the market for it, I'd drive down there right now. I know they are in great shape!
Old 07-19-2015, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by madhat
I shared it on my FB page too... if I was in the market for it, I'd drive down there right now. I know they are in great shape!
It has been a great unit, buddy. I am selling it with mixed feelings. We have owned it since 2002. Had an RV since '73 and have been there, done that - - time to change. Have other places to spend vacation time and then it sits too long. Have a bucket list for the next two years and then might consider another one - - wait and see. We have enjoyed it and the life style and that makes it hard to part with it. Lots of great memories.
Old 07-27-2016, 08:49 PM

Update on the sale of this rig - - - things are changing and I need to move this one on out. Dropping the price quite deeply. Just checked retail on the combination today and I am offering it at a nice discount. Bring me $12,500 and tow the fiver home. If you want both the truck and fiver, $22,500 and you own them both. Read the first post for details on the rig. Great combo for someone wanting to hit the road or even go full time for a really cheap cost.

PM me for details. Rig is located in Florida.

Bob