Introductions / New People If you're new to the site, feel free to introduce yourself here. Welcome!

new kid on the block

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 07:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
new kid on the block

Just leaving my first, of hopefully few, posts because they will all be questions. This will hopefully be my longest post. Really, this is a test so when I have a problem I wont have to learn how to post on this forum....

Been missing my full size truck since I sold my last one in 2013. She was a cummins powered 2500, 4x4, with a slipping automatic transmission. Used the cash to buy a 2002 Tacoma, a one way plane ticket to Alaska, and a $550 dollar pair of wildland firefighting boots. Since then, Ive been in the (un)glorious business of hotshot firefighting.

After two winters of searching newpapers and craigslist, I stumbled across the first gen cummins I was looking for when I drove past it a mile from my parents house after going home for Thanksgiving. She's an ugly, 1990 non-intercooled 5-speed 4x4, that needs a lot of going through before I tow the Tacoma and all my girlfriend's belongings from our current residence in Tulsa, Ok to Salt Lake City, Utah.

First order of business, headlight relays using the write up I found on this
forum, since my switch burned up on the trucks drive home.
Second, replace the oil pressure sender because the wiring ripped out while I was driving around getting the parts for the headlight harness.
Third, install the boost, egt, temp gauges I just ordered
Fourth, use that temp gauge to see if I am running hot or if my factory one is faulty.
Fifth, install a tach
6th, ??? what else do you all recommend? The deadline keeps getting closer and I would like the truck as tip top as possible before hitting the road at the end of February.
Old 12-18-2016, 07:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oooops. Picture is way too big
Old 12-19-2016, 02:51 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by IHCsawyer
Oooops. Picture is way too big
Yup....

and not enough of them posted.

Easy to resize if you're using a smartphone

Oh yeah.... Welcome to the site..