Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

Add hydrogen for better mpg

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 10:17 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some one is already selling something very simular to what I've made it is on the web site I mentioned at the begining of this. I also was told there is a simular device being sold to trucking companies. I love humor the drier the better if you got my post Dorkweed. As far as spontanious combining of hydrogen and oxgen I need info. Maybe under pressure this is not a pressure system. As the water breaks down the gas H2 and O it naturally expands and flows out of the tube into the intake you don't compress it or vacume it to get it out. The only way to make it explode is with the diesel when it ignites or in a hydrogen motor with a spark plug. I had real problems thinking about the intake heater so I RESEARCHED hydrogen it will not self combust at the temperature of our intake heaters. I have mine set up to come on when the ignition is on and go off with the ignition. Is there a build up of hydrogen in the intercooler I don't know for sure. I RESEARCHED some and what info I could find didn't lead me to that conclusion. The only thing that is corrosive about this system is that oygen when breaking away from the hydron will corrode the possitive terminal. I wish some of you would do the simple test I mentioned at the begining and watch the positive copper wire gradually erode over time. So you ask what else will work?
Old 10-23-2005, 06:00 PM

RCW, I hate to jaunt off topic,but since you brought it up....

From the wording of your posts I assume that you are in fact adding acetone to your diesel. Any thoughts/issues/problems with the acetone acting as an emulsifying agent in the fuel? Just wanted to know as I have thought of doing the same.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:38 PM

hydrogen

Originally Posted by Tree DR
So you are saying that if I or anyone could seperate hydogen and oxygen and then introduce them to each other in the cylinder of our motors they would spontaniously combust that would be cool wouldn't it. Maybe all the chemists and sientists that I have talked to were wrong?
hydrogen dose not spontainesly explode with oxygen, if it did every autmotive battery would be history.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TREE DR
Sorry, But I stopped listening to internet users who won't list their truck in the signature, won't tell us where they live, and won't even list their age....yes, expirience counts IMO! Not even a picture in your gallery?

When do you get to the part where you try to sell us something? Are you outside the US border also?

Sorry if I'm offending any long time members....I'm having a bad day, and I admit it!

RJ
Old 10-24-2005, 07:10 PM

I have played with this for years before getting a diesel. I have a H generator at my warehouse that uses aluminum as a fuel source and it create a lot of heat and pressure... I have had a 12" flame out the end that burns crazy hot!!! It works pretty much like a nuclear reactor.. put the fuel source in and out come the H1 with a little sodium for a nice yellow flame with a blue center.
I have built H generators that are powered by DC and I have one just about built but I need an electrical geek to help me finish it. I have most of the parts but I am not smart enough to put it together. (electronics anyway)

Oilguy
Old 10-24-2005, 08:51 PM

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Rg3720
hydrogen dose not spontainesly explode with oxygen, if it did every autmotive battery would be history.
I said "in the right concentrations". The byproduct of lead acid batteries is hydrogen, not oxygen. In the case I am trying clumsily to discribe the two elements, Oxygen and hydrogen are in pure form, contained in a closed cell and have a voltage passing into the cell. I am only trying to pass on this information because I wouldn't like to see anyone hurt. Good Luck. Oh,by the way, my brother-in-law almost lost both eyes to a spontaneous truck battery explosion. The battery shorted internally.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:56 AM
Chapter President

Signiture

rJ I'm new to this forum stuff. I don't know why it dos't post my sigiture every time I post It did when I stated this thread. I'm in a state of Misouri you know Missery. I have had 6 Dodge diesels all mine 5 bought new my current one is the only used one I've bought. As to age well you can suspect I've been around a while. As to selling things I've made fun of that point. The main reason I got on the forum was to spread the news that this is working and I'm not going to keep my finding and try to sell it to anyone I want everyone to be able to use to be able to use a cheep sorce of water to make beter fuel mileage.
I have heard of someone makeing a hydorgen unit that produces 60psi of hydorgen and they claim to run their generator on straight hydrogen. That sounds good to take water produce hydrogen to run generator to produce electricity and disconect from the power grid. If I could I'd run everything off of hydrogen. We as a group have much greater resources than I do and differnt back grond could perfect what little I know about this and not sell it to the oil of auto industry like all the great carbs that dissapered and we all could benefit. And it makes it harder for them..... to find everyone and stop us.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK...I apologize....missed the pun on your location....thrown off by your choice of pronouns?

The wording, and the overall tone, of the savefuel.ca site...along with Bills comment (Infidel) really made me suspicious. That site struck me as a phony attempt at "down to earth" communication. Like I said - had a bad day.

And - with the new format we have...signature only shows up once...per page.

Good luck with your research!

RJ
Old 10-27-2005, 07:02 AM
Chapter President

Well it seems 20% fuel mileage improvement from water is all I'm going to get till I find the next break through. So far it has saved me 109 dollars. I'm still looking at ways to get it in the motor with out interupting the naural air flow in the intake any ideas?
Old 10-27-2005, 08:22 AM

Hey Tree, sounds promising. You eluded to using something other than copper for you leads in the solution. Can you give us more info? What is your set up as far as container and electrodes? Why isn't it in the engine compartment? Can you give us some specifics? How do you have it piped into your existing system?
Old 10-27-2005, 10:19 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Whenever I hear of devices that are supposed to increase your mpgs I always wonder why the vehicle manufacturers aren't using them.
I can understand that the Big Three US automakers are tied in with big oil and don't want cars that get better mpgs but there are lots of non US manufacturers that surely would be using new technology if it worked and was cost effective.
In other words if it sounds too good to be true it probably isn't.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:54 PM
Chapter President

Ok I wish I had a way to put a picture on here it would make it so much easier. The best electrods for the postitive is Platnum, but try buying that. I have been useing regular bolts. Grade 5 or 8 doesn't seem to matter, they do and have corroded some but that must be the baking soda sticking to them. I've taken them out and with a steel wire brush seem to clean right up. I am looking at useing some washer fluid for antifreeze this winter I just wonder if the Methanol will evaperate and no more antifreeze? The unit I've built is pvc I'm useing 4" but I think 3" would work. Two pieces of pvc one 4" and one 1.25" the 4" needs one flat cap and one screw in cap the 1.25" pvc goes inside the 4" so it has to be short enough to just fit. The 4" only needs to be about 6" long. Take the flat cap for the 4" and drill holes on the end for 1/2" bolts to go through I would suggest tapping them for stabillity and to seal the threads beter. The holes have to be around the parimiter or the cap so the 1.25" pipe will fit inside the four bolts insid the 1.25 pipe you put copper wire. I used #4 and bent it back and fourth inside the 1.25 pipe 4 or 5 times. The 1.25 pipe is there to keep the positive and negative terminals apart. You need to drill hole in the 1.25 pipe all over it so the water can flow between positive and negative terminals. You need to drill a hole in the end where the bolts are in the center so your copper wire comes out, it needs to be tight to seal it. Ok on the other end drill a hole in the center of the threaded cap for a hose fitting a "threaded end and a hose fitting" to connect a hose to. I would tap this also to seal it better. I used 3/8 clear plastic hose for mine. Put it all together make sure its sealed thight every where. You can leave the hose fitting out and fill it there. Then seal it up and wire it in to your fuse box with a toggle swith if you want to or how ever you want I would want a fuse in it some where. Drill a hole in the air box on the side toward the bottom where ever is handy put another sprayer hose fitting there and plug in the hose from you hydro unit and listen to it you should here it fizzing. I hope you tried doing the simple test in a cup first.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:57 PM
Chapter President

Engin compartment

The engin compartment is fine to use. I just had started out under the hood and then got to big to fit and haven't got back there yet. I would think that under the hood would be great.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:12 PM

Try using Stainless Steel for electrodes... It will not react to the electrolysis and corode away. You can find SS allthread at a bolt & steel store.
Is your wiring in the water?? If so it will corode and lose connection..
I had a very hard time trying to follow your directions. You have the bolts threaded through the top but you use PVC in the container to seperate the electrodes?...
I have built a few of these and still have some... some work REALLY good and some flopped.
Have you ever tried water+sodium hydroxide+aluminum? Hard to control but hydrogen production is incredible!

Oilguy
Old 10-27-2005, 09:22 PM

I've been following this thread I think the idea is functional. I will be building one, but think I will plumb it in the clean side of the air intake hoping there will be a little vacum due to filter restiction, to pull hydrogen out of the container ,will put some kind of small cone filter on the reactor or what ever this thing actully is. I was curious as to if the probes had to be copper ,I thought I would use brass, but if stainless steel works that would be better. Can you very the length of the probes to change the amount of hydrogen and oxygen produced? You said the + probe is the one that makes the oxygen. For a staring point what size bolt are you using now as you said a one point you were getting to much hydrogen and fuel milage suffered.I think this is a great idea and glad you shared it.

JED

Quick Reply: Add hydrogen for better mpg