Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Which FL drags?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which FL drags?

I wanna take my boy to some drags soon and I can't decide between the gator drags in march or the diesel performance outlaw drags late this month in Bradenton. It looks like Scheid folks have their rail on the schedule for Bradenton but so far not for Gainesville. We'd really like to see a good show. Suggestions anybody? We're in the FL panhandle.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:23 PM

Scheid's trucks are worth seeing. They ran a triple turbo at the pulls around here last summer and it was amazing. I would pick the one their trucks will be at.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:45 PM

Yeah plus one on that! I was kinda figgerin' that they wouldn't just take the rail out for just any ol' race so the Bradenton show ought to be good.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:05 PM

Hey just a little post-script on this...Turns out my boy and I made a run to the Gator Diesel drags instead-------which got rained out! Anyway, we were messing around while the teams were packing up and heard that some of them were going to South Georgia Motorsports Park in Adel, GA which is right up the road a piece. We checked the weather and it had just cleared so we went for it. Turns out about a half dozen came up there including Stuckey Racing (its their home track) for some test and tune time. Got to hear somebody break an input shaft (ouch), watched a Duramax blow something near the end of a run. I think they had to tow him so it must have been expensive.

But!....watching the Stuckey truck was a treat for both of us. When we drove into the pit parking area, it passed by with driver Phillip Palmer talking on a cell phone like it was a Sunday drive! I don't think they ever did anything more than check tire pressures the whole night! The truck doesn't smoke at idle and just comes across as a VERY well sorted out diesel race truck...like you could drive it on the street. They were test/tuning with a common-rail truck from another shop that really seemed as though it was pushing hard (a little cooling problem too) and they eventually edged out Team Green on the last pass. I think by just a couple 100ths. All night though the Stuckey truck just never seemed as if it was trying that hard....and its just a little ol" 12 valve! The folks on the team were super nice too (Thanks for the pics Phillip!)