CODTR #26 Forum for the Colorado chapter #26

Looks like this chapter is dead?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 03:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ya, I know Shay. Just thought I would do a little GTG befor that meet. Gee, I used to one once a month when I was in Cali. I just thought that since trucks were much bigger out here, that there would be stuff happening all the time. I guess when your starving for events, you make it up in Meetups. LOL
Old 09-17-2011, 09:11 PM

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts
It is a darn shame no one around here wants to take the bull by the horns and get it going. I don't think the local DTR chapter has ever had an event though I may be wrong. Not even sure who is running it. It does take some time and you do get some crazy requests, emails and phone calls but if you go about it systematically it doesn't take that much time. I used to run the local RMTDR many years ago and it took me maybe 10-15 hours a month tops and generally had one event a month of one kind or another. My job changed way back then and I just no longer had the time, I was out of town a lot, long hours blah blah blah so I had to bail on it after a couple years, the successor did a great job but after him it went down hill fast. It is a thankless job, you have to want to do it. I understand why most don't want/can't to do it but hopefully there is one person out there.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:09 PM

http://www.nspapulling.com/events.asp

Ok well here is something to do. I will be there, May even pull since the season is almost over. How about we meet up there? Any one who wants to, just PM me and I will give you my phone number so we can meet up out there. It will be in Brush. Next Sat.the 24th.
I would be OK with taking over and doing one GTG per month. Usually Christmas time people have partys and family stuff so there isn't that much turnout. But I will see if I can get one of the guys from ATS to come to each meeting and do a show and tell, or talk about some new issue that has come up in the diesel world.
What do you think?
I guess I will bug the boss first to see what he thinks.
But I will need help spreading the word. I think we can get a good crowd if we just start doing it.
How about it????
Old 09-18-2011, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh well, so much for another ratrace up 10th West...enjoy the Rockies, Betty!
Old 09-18-2011, 06:37 PM

Ha, Ha Gadget.35-06, What cha doing on here!!! LOL
Old 09-22-2011, 08:33 AM

Well sorry to say, I won't be able to join this group after all. Some crap came up and I am headed back to Calif. I just can't seem to get away from that place. Makes me sooooo sad to leave CO. I love the mountains, and the hiking trails and all the people who are so friendly here. So sorry but hopefully someone out there will keep this group going.