CADTR #27 Forum for the California chapter #27

Diesl World Crude Drags2: Famoso Raceway, Bakersfield

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 11:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was there, next time we should set up a check in / hospitality booth and hand out name tags to identify members and provide support if needed.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:13 AM
Chapter President

Wink

Originally Posted by Woodchuck61
I was there, next time we should set up a check in / hospitality booth and hand out name tags to identify members and provide support if needed.
Thats really a good idea! Maybe even get the CA chapter heads involved and run a membership drive with wireless connected lap top or something! At the rate DTR is growing I think Its time we came out of the search engine and sticker only shadows and hit the main stream! After all I saw a Blue 3rd gen there with NORCAL DIESEL FORUM plastered all over it! Wonder what a booth spot would cost?

I am transferring the images to my cpu as we speak I will post them as soon as possible. Maybe some of you will see your selves in some of them!

Since they closed LA CR this is the only speed way close enough for a lot of guuys. I hope they hold more events!
Old 03-01-2008, 09:57 PM

I was there, didn't see any DTR guys. 'coarse I didn't spend much time around all the people, I was mostly down at the end of the track or at the trailers. anyone see the white reg cab 3rd gen Brown's Diesel truck run a 12.66? that's what towed one of the trailers down there and was on fuel only. my brother's 3rd gen, red with black stacks lifted on 35's, was having some issues with the most recent programmer changes and we were pretty disappointed with his 13.08.

the sled pull was pretty impressive; seemed like there was more than normal breakage. Several of us called the first lifted duramax to break the front end while they were hooking up to the sled...had a good pull until it broke. pretty disappointing to see sparks come outa the clutch of that giant red dodge dually.