4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Deleting the 6.7: A guide to making it run right! (4th Gen Section) UPDATED 6-6-11

Old 07-25-2015, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deleteing egr and dpf

I it as simple as tearing this stuff off and replacing with egr delete and cooler kit(Sinister) and flo pro 4" turbo back with a Race Me tuner. Do I do the tuning first then tear that stuff off ? (I'm assuming but not sure) or tear that stuff off then tune?
2010 6.7 Cummins totally stock
Old 07-26-2015, 08:24 PM

You will want to do the tuning first while you are code free. Make sure you are code free, do the tuning, THEN take off whatever you want to take off. That is what I did on my 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 about 4 months ago and have had no issues yet. By the way I also used the Race ME

Last edited by rbrdriver; 07-26-2015 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Want to add more info
Old 07-27-2015, 01:17 AM

ok good to know! Hopefully will be getting this done on my next set of days off
Old 08-04-2015, 10:05 PM

help!!!Coolant bolt/fitting

Been following Blake's write up and Not a hitch until step 18. The 1 1/8 inch fitting is stuck. I made 4 trips to lowes cuz I bought a 1 1/8 inch wrench. that was wrong. Then 15/16, too small then 24 mm since all other bolts were metric, too small then i bought a 1 inch wrench and that has play but fits.
well 1 inch is 25.4mm. Cant find a 25 mm wrench. No socket can fit over that so I am totally stuck. Tried everything spray some break free oil, heat with a torch, hit with a hammer…… NOTHING!!!!!
Anyone have any ideas????

Can I put a hose on it and put a plug like you do in step 19 and hose clamp it?>?? ANyone have any ideas??? Im not a mechanic so Any help will be great….
Also, can't get more torque with a pipe cuz there is no room and cuz I will strip the bolt…

Thanks

Mario
Old 08-11-2015, 07:22 PM

done

Well, I got it done… 1 inch thinned walled Snap-on socket… Breaker bar and it worked… All good!!!

DOne!!!
Old 09-03-2015, 11:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I spoke with the owner of Rolling Smoke Diesel about the Race Me Ultra being able to delete all emission related parts on the 2014 and 2015 Cummins powered trucks. He said that the Ultra will turn off all emissions, and it will also allow the user to run stock power levels with the deletes if there is concern about hurting the tranny. He specifically mentioned that there is NO tranny tuning available for the Aisin tranny due to their TCM being too "locked down". He mentioned that Race Me is working on writing tuning into the Ultra, but nothing is available at the time of this post. If it ever happens, original owners of tuners purchased from authorized vendors will be able to download the tune files. He said that although the Aisin is strong, without any tuning running any power levels above a tow tune might cause slip issues....or worsen the dreaded 2nd gear shudder. I'm highly considering purchasing the Ultra and a delete pipe to eliminate the emissions crap on the exhaust....I'll retain the OE downpipe and tailpipe. I figure since you can leave all the EGR stuff in place, and only remove the exhaust emission parts, if a guy had to take the truck in for warranty work, putting it back to stock won't take much time or trouble.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:38 PM

Alright so I got all the parts in that I need for a dpf/egr delete on my 2015. Now as far as install goes. Just like previous years I should install the tune first before taking anything off? What about the def system? I'm going to be running a full 4" exhaust so after the tuning is done and I take old exhaust off and the def system is unplugged from it there's nothing else I really need to do before installing new exhaust? I plan on leaving everything in place just in case down the road I absolutely have to reinstall.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:48 PM

So my plan is to do full delete on Both my 6.7's But i heard some cops around my town ( i don't have issues with cops cause i know them cause do i do towing for them) are known for pulling diesel's cause they "Don't look stock" and some have gotten trucks gotten a ticket/towed, i live in NH anyone else have fully Deleted and will pass an SI at any shop?
Old 09-27-2015, 11:30 AM

I'm looking for assistance with poor acceleration with my 2012 ram 3500. Unfortunately I couldn't come close to keeping up with a Ford last weekend pulling similar size 20' gooseneck horse trailers. My truck struggled up inclines as well. I'm taking it in to the dealer tomorrow due to lack of power and acceleration. I noticed this thread was five years old and was wondering if same rules and recommendations for deletes and programmers apply? Is it possible in my attempt to save fuel and driving conservatively that the PCM has decided not to let me have fuel when I push the accelerator down?
Old 09-27-2015, 12:47 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by flatshooter
I'm looking for assistance with poor acceleration with my 2012 ram 3500. Unfortunately I couldn't come close to keeping up with a Ford last weekend pulling similar size 20' gooseneck horse trailers. My truck struggled up inclines as well. I'm taking it in to the dealer tomorrow due to lack of power and acceleration. I noticed this thread was five years old and was wondering if same rules and recommendations for deletes and programmers apply? Is it possible in my attempt to save fuel and driving conservatively that the PCM has decided not to let me have fuel when I push the accelerator down?
I would like to bet that the intake is almost completely plugged with carbon along with the manifold pressure/temp sensor too. Even driving these trucks as hard as you can will not keep the internals clean with our winters. Have you ever changed the fuel filter? This was my sons 2011 at I think 35,000km. Dodge Ram Picture by Busboy | 3539699 | Diesel Truck Resource
Old 09-27-2015, 01:01 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
A question ? Do you think a snow performance system would remove carbon buildup over time or reduce it if used from new as water softens carbon ??
Old 09-27-2015, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Dieselbuilder
A question ? Do you think a snow performance system would remove carbon buildup over time or reduce it if used from new as water softens carbon ??
The intake plugs up because the engine doesn't get hot enough to do a regen properly so adding a system that will cool the intake air is counter productive and I think make things worse..
Old 09-27-2015, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Busboy
I would like to bet that the intake is almost completely plugged with carbon along with the manifold pressure/temp sensor too. Even driving these trucks as hard as you can will not keep the internals clean with our winters. Have you ever changed the fuel filter? This was my sons 2011 at I think 35,000km. Dodge Ram Picture by Busboy | 3539699 | Diesel Truck Resource
That is impressive carbon build up in your pics. I will let you know what the dealership discovers. Yes, I have changed fuel filters, and air filter. I dont know what is causing such pathetic performance, lack of air, fuel or electronic control.

While reading up on tuners/programmers, and deletes on this forum it seems alot has changed regarding EPA enforcement since i bought a smarty jr for my 5.9. Does anyone know how this has affected tuners available to Albertans? Any recommends for performance parts dealers or diesel shops around Calgary?
Old 09-27-2015, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by flatshooter
That is impressive carbon build up in your pics.
When we removed the intake we didn't know what to expect and most of the carbon fell to the floor so there was much more than what the picture shows. The picture of the cleaner intake is of my 2011 taken around 7000km.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:30 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If you ever have rebuilt a engine try using cold water to wash the carbon off the pistons works very well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Deleting the 6.7: A guide to making it run right! (4th Gen Section) UPDATED 6-6-11