4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

2015 delete experience?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 delete experience?

I have a friend coming in with a 2015 cummins. It has been in the dealer for bad sensors and being plugged more than it has been on the road. For some reason, there seems to be mixed opinions on how to delete this truck. I have seen with the bullydog tuner/delete cable then EFI live , I have been told the cable won't work on 2015, you have to do EFI live V2 with a special cable. Does anyone have this done on their 2015 and can verify one way or another? I'm also curious about how to delete with the new smarty raceme ultra if any one has experience.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd go straight to the source. I'm running Anarchy Diesel EFI Live on my 2010 and love it.
anarchydieseltuning.com
Old 08-07-2015, 08:59 PM

I ended up getting set up with another efi tuning shop in Utah.
Old 08-16-2015, 10:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Although I've not deleted mine yet, I have buddies that have, and have spoken to a few who deleted also. Right to the point....they all regretted deleting for one reason or another. One common theme though was the poor fuel economy they were getting after deleting. I understand why deleting would use more fuel, but I'd also like to think that doing so would ultimately increase mpg's. More than fuel economy, these men I spoke to complained about everything from losing their warranty, check engine lights (codes) that they can't seem to get cleared, not running as good as stock (chugging) and other things. However, on as more positive note they all agreed that when their trucks were running correctly, they were real beasts! When the owners of the 2013's looked under my truck they said that my exhaust had less emission parts on it, appeared larger in diameter, and seemed to have smoother bends. All of these things I'm sure can be attributed to more power and less exhaust restriction....which should equal more mpg. Recently I drove my 3500 SRW CC LB from Kansas to Florida with 5 of us in the cab and a bed loaded with crap. On the way down I got 22.1 mpg over 745 miles, and home I got 21.9 over close to the same miles, but using a different route that took us through the mountains of southern Missouri and Arkansas.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:54 AM

What truck do you have? They were comparing 2013 model to yours?
Old 08-19-2015, 02:10 PM

I'm talking about DEF trucks and pre-DEF trucks both.....All 6.7's though.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:46 AM

2014 DEF & EGR delete !!

i have a 2014 with a bulydog to unlock the ecm and a efi for turn. RUNS AMAZING CANT GO WRONG had it for 8 month now. makes it like a new truck. rudys diesel of durham NC did my work
Old 10-22-2015, 07:45 AM
DTR's Cow Boss

I also have the bully dog on my 14 and WOW! I loved my truck before the unlock and only wanted the bully for guages. I set it on tow and leave it I can honestly say this woke up my truck,all the turbo lag this truck had before the power comes on is gone and it feels as strong as my wife's Hi output automatic. I just can't tell you how smooth and strong my truck feels, will I ever delete it probably won't.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:11 PM

I'm looking to do a complete delete on my 2015, egr, egr cooler, dpf, def, everthing. Does anyone offer a complete kit I can do myself that won't throw codes?
Old 11-26-2015, 06:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by STATELINE
I'm looking to do a complete delete on my 2015, egr, egr cooler, dpf, def, everthing. Does anyone offer a complete kit I can do myself that won't throw codes?
I got everything for my 14 at hardwayperformance.com
20,000 miles with no issues
Old 02-06-2016, 12:54 PM
I think I can... I think...

Originally Posted by Sierra1
Although I've not deleted mine yet, I have buddies that have, and have spoken to a few who deleted also. Right to the point....they all regretted deleting for one reason or another. One common theme though was the poor fuel economy they were getting after deleting. I understand why deleting would use more fuel, but I'd also like to think that doing so would ultimately increase mpg's. More than fuel economy, these men I spoke to complained about everything from losing their warranty, check engine lights (codes) that they can't seem to get cleared, not running as good as stock (chugging) and other things. However, on as more positive note they all agreed that when their trucks were running correctly, they were real beasts! When the owners of the 2013's looked under my truck they said that my exhaust had less emission parts on it, appeared larger in diameter, and seemed to have smoother bends. All of these things I'm sure can be attributed to more power and less exhaust restriction....which should equal more mpg. Recently I drove my 3500 SRW CC LB from Kansas to Florida with 5 of us in the cab and a bed loaded with crap. On the way down I got 22.1 mpg over 745 miles, and home I got 21.9 over close to the same miles, but using a different route that took us through the mountains of southern Missouri and Arkansas.
My 2010 has never gotten even remotely close to 20MPG let alone 22.
I'm lucky to see 17 on the highway.
Are you running any kind of tune to get that?
Old 03-06-2016, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by capt.Ron
My 2010 has never gotten even remotely close to 20MPG let alone 22.
I'm lucky to see 17 on the highway.
Are you running any kind of tune to get that?
Sorry for the late response, been off here lately. To answer your question, NO MODS, I have a bone stock truck other than a K&N drop-in filter. Now that I have 14k miles on it, it's not uncommon to see mid-high 23's MPG on summer fuel keeping it around 72-75 MPH. I'll say this about my truck that might make you understand why it runs so good. My DPF is falling apart inside the housing and allows the soot and **** to pass out the tailpipe....so what I'm saying is that my exhaust flows allot better than one that has a good DPF. I've done extensive research about this issue and have found that it's not that uncommon for the DPF's to break up inside and the DPF media to basically be pushed out the tailpipe. Around 10k miles a diesel buddy of mine noticed that my tailpipe was completely black with soot, and that my pain and bumper near the pipe were also covered with soot. He then said that he can actually hear my exhaust when I drive by his house. My pipe went from so clean you could eat off of the inside, to black as the day is long. I also noticed that my DEF consumption was getting less and less, and the motor seemed to have more power. I checked with a master tech at the local dealer and he said he sees this all of the time. He said as long as no codes are thrown, and that the truck runs and MPG is good to go, not to bother with it until the warranty is about to expire. Then I'll get a brand new emission system to keep put up in case I sell the truck or need it to pass emissions testing in a state that requires it. Once I'm out of warranty I'm deleting all the emissions crap and never looking back. Hopefully by then someone will have cracked the programming codes on the Aisin tranny.