3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

WANTED: 2003 Dodge Ram Diesel-Lost in Transit

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2002, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WANTED: 2003 Dodge Ram Diesel-Lost in Transit

:'( :'( :'( :'(
This is hard to believe. They lost my new baby somewhere. New 2003 arrived by rail to Bay Area on 9/20. Yesterday, at 10:00 am my dealer called trucking company to find out why it had not arrived at the dealer. They said it was on the truck and would be delivered shortly. At 4:30 pm I checked it had not arrived at the dealer. They were quite upset because the travel time from the rail to dealer is less than an hour. My baby hadn't arrived. They are ready to put out and APB on my lost truck.

I called DC and had them trace my truck. Their last entry was arrival in Bay Area on 9/20. DC said that Longshoremen's strike could be the the cause of the problem, but he didn't know.

If my truck was on a load headed south on US-101 yesterday, where is it now?? Anyone in Bay Area seen a 2003 Ram with Cummins Logo on front fenders, Lt. Almond Met. long Bed, Quad Cab.?? Where is it?

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Old 10-08-2002, 01:18 PM

Re:WANTED: 2003 Dodge Ram Diesel-Lost in Transit

UPDATE ON LOST SHEEP (RAM):

My dealer just called a few minutes ago. He has spent the morning searching for my new baby Ram. He found it and brought it to the sheep fold (dealership). It is now getting a bath and being checked over by the Ram physicians to see if there are any blemishes as it has been in harms way since 9/20 in a not too good neighborhood.

Todd, Fleet Manager, said I may pick-up my new 2003 Lt Almond Ram 2500 today after 3:00 p.m. More later.
;D
Old 10-08-2002, 02:20 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Congrats Phil, you and Push Rod can share 03' lamb stories unless you are a bit sheepish about telling those. <br><br>That was baaaaaaaaaaaAAAaAAaaAaD<br>not as <br><br>COoooOOOOOooooOooOOOOOoooOLas a penguin joke but still good.<br><br>I bet the dealer had the truck parked out back and wanted to give you one more 'tweak'.<br><br>Again...Congrats on the new truck.<br><br> ;D
Old 10-08-2002, 02:22 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

HEY, GO FOR IT, CHARLIE BROWN!!! 8)<br><br>My turn next. Hope it knew how to swim before they kicked it off the beach over there in Mexico. Hey, those duallies should act like flippers, don't you think?<br><br>Really happy for ya, there Sierra man. Good news.<br><br>Bob
Old 10-08-2002, 07:20 PM

SO!!! WHERE ARE YOU SIERRA???<br><br>You have had plenty of time to get back from that dealer and tell us all about it so we can go to bed and pout. Common, be nice. Tell Daddy.
Old 10-08-2002, 07:39 PM

Sierra you lucky dog!<br><br>I called DC today and mine is still in &quot;Gateway&quot; waiting to be born :-(<br><br>Supposed to be built first week in Oct. and ship on the 9th, the boy said it ain't gonna make it :'( :'( :'(<br><br>So, the wait continues and continues<br><br>Happy for Sierra but sad for me<br><br>Hunter
Old 10-09-2002, 04:39 AM

HERE'S MY BABY!<br>At 5:45pm we drove out of dealer's lot in Gilroy and headed for home. Stopped in Santa Nella for dinner where first pics were taken. This baby wants to run. She performed flawlessly, some 220 miles before we arrived home at 9:45pm. At 200 miles trip computer read 19.0 mpg. <br>
Old 10-09-2002, 05:27 AM

Oh YEAH! That's sweet, Phil. ;D 8)<br><br>Congratulations.<br><br>Best to y'all<br>Bill
Old 10-09-2002, 08:27 AM

Sweeeeeet lookin truck Sierra, <br> I have to go re-order mine as DC computor kicked mine out ,<br> and dealer did not say a word till I checked on monday.The reason it kicked out as i had ordered 305 hp with auto And not avail and dealer was to get back to them and advise if I wanted 6 speed or change to 250 hp with auto 47r Well now I have to make up my mind And Then wait.
Old 10-09-2002, 10:25 AM

Am I glad I ordered mine with 4.10 axle for towing. On the way home first stretch of highway crosses a small mountain range. 18 wheelers were going about 20 mph, had to slow before I could pass so I downshifted to 4th, passed them, picked up speed and back into 5th to the summit of 6% grade. Later east of Sacramento as we entered the Sierra Foothill had to pull two 7% grades, one over 2 miles long. Pulled both in 5 gear maintaining constant speed. Gerryz, the clutch requires little effort, without a load 1 gear is useless, starting in second (3.04 ratio) doesn't lug the engine. (Calif. engine 235 hp &amp; 460 lb-ft with NV4500HD tranny) You will enjoy your NV5600, 6 spd. <br><br>Fiver, sorry I was so late getting back, 1:00 am EDT. 200 mile drive home gave me time to get the feel of my new wheels. It rides so smoothly and quiet, seems like we're going slow until you realize you are passing everyone. <br><br>I've got some work to do to get my baby for towin tomorrow. More later on impressions so far.
Old 10-09-2002, 04:07 PM

Wow, that is really pretty. I sure wish I could have had the Almond in the dually. Give me on good reason Almond cannot be sprayed on the dually fender. Oh well, the White Ghost will have to do.<br><br>I am tickled for you - - but really upset you didn't think of all your buddies enough to take a pic while still at the dealership and get it on the forum. I think that is downright selfish. And, then to take a long ride and have dinner and all that stuff while we sit up waiting to hear the news. Shame on you. <br><br>DoublejealousBob
Old 10-10-2002, 12:20 AM

I discovered today why webrazor's installer took so much time.<br>First the distance between frame rails is wider than 94-2002 HD Rams. In fact it is so wide that L brackets must be inside the frame for rear bed rail. For front bed rail L brakets can be reversed so bolt is over frame. and long leg outside frame. The spacing between the under bed reinforcing has a different location also. On my hitch rail placement is such that center of hitch is 53 inches behind the cab. Reese recommends no closer than 52 inches to the cab. My hitch pin is 3 inches forward of axle center. Hitch is bolted in place through bed to brackets. There is nothing in Owner's Manual about mounting 5er hitch. A general statement that all hitches must be attached to frame.<br><br>I have cleaned, wire brushed, brackets and frame in prep for certified welder installer. Appointment is at 9:00 am. Hope to have the 5er on the road by 1:00 pm.<br><br>
Old 10-10-2002, 12:41 AM

8) I will try to keep in contact with the forum and post reports once or twice each week. <br><br>My wife is very pleased with the ride, much better than the 98 Ram. I thought my 98 was solid, the 2003 has a much more solid feel. Quiet is the word to describe the interior sound level with windows up.<br><br>Handling is something else. Since I have 4x2 I have the rack and pinion steering. It has a sports car feel on the highway, quick and nimble, something for over three tons of steel. <br><br>Guess I'd better hang it up for today, got a big day tomorrow.<br><br>
Old 10-10-2002, 06:11 AM

Phil - the information you post is helpful. Thanks. 8)<br><br>Best to y'all<br>Bill
Old 10-10-2002, 06:39 AM

Phil - Congratulations on the new '03. Enjoy it in good health. I like the color, but other half says I have to get a ghost to match her Durango. Just spoke with dealer re: an '03 Laredo 2x4 LWB dually HO, six-speed. Said he'd match whatever price Kellog would quote me. Can't deal with Gilroy as CA won't allow the HO. Best move I ever made was to this side of the mountain. Have a nice vacation and stay safe.

Quick Reply: WANTED: 2003 Dodge Ram Diesel-Lost in Transit