3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

35% Window Tint, picture requests

Old 01-07-2008, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
35% Window Tint, picture requests

I am wanting to tint just my front 2 windows on my truck to kind of match the rear windows. The legal limit here in TN is 35% on the front windows and the place I'm gonna get it done only does the limit. I don't want them to dark, plus with the two rear door windows and the rear glass being something like 20%, the front windows should look darker than they really are. So, I was wondering if anybody on here had 30-35% tint on just the front windows, preferably on a 4 door truck/SUV but any will do, so I can see if I want that light or if I want to find somewhere that will do it darker. Thanks guys.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:25 PM
D45

I am off to get the front windows tinted this week.

I having the front two doors match the rear two doors, but I will take some pics for you.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:53 PM

I have some pics in my gallery of my truck with 35% tint on the front windows.

-Seeder
Old 01-07-2008, 08:18 PM

These are mine with 20%. I thought 20% would be a close match with the back windows, but you can see in the first pic that it don't look all that dark. But it kinda depends how you look at it, (the first one is sort of through the windshield) in the second pic it looks pretty dark.(it looks more into the truck)
To match the back windows, you'd have to go pretty dark and even then it's hard to beat that quality factory tint with that sort of "mirror" look.
These pics were taken right after they were tinted and I've been told by the installer and several other people that after a while in the sun, the tint will darken a little bit more. I think they might have a little over the last few months, but I don't know. I'm pretty satisfied anyway.
35% Window Tint, picture requests-tk01.jpg
35% Window Tint, picture requests-tk02.jpg
Old 01-07-2008, 08:23 PM

it will be a little lighter than the rear. on my Ford is it almost dead on.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:49 PM

there are places that have special tint designed to match the rear. I would highly recomend this. I put the legal 35 on mine and had it redone the next day. I couldnt even tell anything had been done when sitting on the inside.

With the matched rear tint the ruck looks a LOT better. I would not say its too much, its just right.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:20 AM

My vote is for 20% on the front two windows to match the back. I know alot of tint shops that won't do anything darker than the legal....but they sing a different tune if you just pay cash.

I have 20% on my front windows of the mega and I love it. The tint that looks closer to factory is a carbon based film. The older metallic based film has more of a reflection and can sometimes interfere with GPS or NAV. Carbon also holds up better and won't fade or look purple after time in the sun.

And just incase anyone is interested.....I also put 45% on my windshield. Obviously illegal, but it is great! It talkes all the glare off the road and makes the cab just right. It looks much darker from the outside looking in, and at night it really seems to disapear.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:51 AM

I live here in Tennessee too and you will be very disappointed if you don't go with 20% on the front windows. I wouldn't waste my time with just 35%. It's not going to be even close to matching the rear windows. Cash talks, but most window tint shops will do them darker without giving a receipt.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:43 PM

My tint guy who is very good, said that 17% is as close to the rear as possible. So, 17% it is. It matched up very well to the factory rear. I really wanted to go darker, but pulling the race car in the dark prevented that. Hope this helps.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Due to state inspection laws, i decided to keep everything totally legale and went with 35% on my front windows as well as the eyebrow on the windshield to cut glare. Since the OEM front glass has a slight tint in it from the factory, the actual reading after installing 35% tint film was around 28% which is still a bit lighter than the rear but I am happy with the results. I had 5% all the way around on my last truck and, while during the bright summer days was a welcome relief, night driving and finding a place to get a state inspection every year became too much of a hassle.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:55 AM

35% isnt worth the time or money but I want to get my windows tinted and the town I live in they got new tint meters and they a anxious ( sp) to use them. My dad got pulled over and all my friends have gotten pulled over for there tint.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:01 AM

kind of a bad angle for tint, but it's the only one i could find
Old 01-10-2008, 02:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jasonstacked06
35% isnt worth the time or money but I want to get my windows tinted and the town I live in they got new tint meters and they a anxious ( sp) to use them. My dad got pulled over and all my friends have gotten pulled over for there tint.
well then i guess it IS worth the time and money, eh?
Old 01-10-2008, 05:57 AM

here is 35% up front - don't remember what kind of film they used but it's fairly close to the rear

Old 01-10-2008, 10:50 AM

yea then i guess it is

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 35% Window Tint, picture requests