3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

Vent Problems - Let Me Get This Straight

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 08:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vent Problems - Let Me Get This Straight

So, I've got some air vent issues, and I've been reading a few of the other threads on here, so let me see if I've got this straight. Please correct/direct me if I don't.

When I first got the truck a few weeks ago, it seemed to heat the cab pretty quickly, to the point where I'd need to turn it down. But it wasn't getting quite as cold back then and now it is much colder, especially in the morning.

I noticed not long after I got it that the vent temp would be warm on my side and cold on the passenger, but then I moved the driver and passenger temp gauges back and forth a few times and it seemed to fix the problem.

My problem now is, this morning I cranked the fan all the way up, and turned the dial to send all air out the defrost vents, and drove to work. The tiny frozen pieces on the windshield were still there 15 minutes later when I got to work so I parked, and before I turned the truck off I just reached up to feel, and sure enough, the fan is blaring but there is no air coming out of the vents up near the windshield. Seems to be coming out the small ones pointed at the side windows tho! I know it's worked before (within the few weeks that I've owned it) so the problem seems to be intermittent, and maybe temp related?

So, from what I understand, this is a recir door issue I think?? And this is the easier one to fix?

The truck is a 2007 2500 mega cab, I am not sure if I'm dealing with vacuum lines or all electrical.

Please let me know if I'm missing anything or what direction I should take. Would be nice to have some defrost

One more note, I noticed when I get in the truck and first turn it on, and I turn the fans to full blast, it almost sounds like the fans are turning from medium to high, to medium, to high, a few times. Not sure what that is about. Anyway....

Any help is highly appreciated!
Old 02-03-2017, 11:41 AM

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts
While I cant answer your first question beyond I would also be thinking the recirc door issue. You might try looking at the heater treater website there may be some info that is helpful on it
https://heatertreater.net/dodge-ram-02-08/

the second one is probably the grid heaters cycling which sucks iirc 180 amps while on and it cycles on and off at startup for approx 180 seconds or 18mph at least when it is cold enough to warrant and that will certainly drag the fan down as well as the lights should be able to see it in the voltmeter gauge in the cluster