3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

Deleting the 6.7: A guide to making it run right!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 08:54 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I ran mine with the stock clutch and deletes for about 2,000 miles. Sucked. Replaced the clutch with a southbend dual disc. Totally worth it. With the stock clutch, I couldn't even pass someone on the highway without smoking the stock clutch. I'd do a clutch job as soon as you can.
Look in my sig for all my mods
Old 06-19-2014, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Roadkill1
Mdeastern shore.. I have a 2009 megacab. I'm new to all this, but it used a smarty jr 67 ME TUNER, get rid of the EGR cooler and I used a sinister diesel kit for that. Replace the throttle value with sinister diesel replacement. And remove the nox and dpf, I replaced with a flow master pipe. Simple to do and around 1000 bucks. Better fuel mileage and better for the engine.
Thank you for your reply. Need to remove this mess before it clogs/check engine light/forced regeneration happens again. Am probably wrong but I wonder if that was the downfall to my muffler and tailpipe. Any particular site that you dealt with when purchasing?
Old 07-07-2014, 10:23 PM

Well guys (and gals), I'm officially the very proud owner of a 2010 2500 Cummins Crew Cab long box 4x4 with the 6-speed manual. I am going to be doing full deletes ASAP and adding a tuner. My question is, is there one tuner that is preferable over others to get the best mix of improved power AND fuel economy? Have been looking at the Edge Juice and the Mini Maxx, but am open to suggestions to ya'll with more experience and expertise. Thanks in advance!
Old 07-11-2014, 03:26 PM

disconnecting the air throttle valve

So I've done the "fixes" to the system on my '09. I didn't see this is the instructions for the deletes, but I'm finding out that I need to disconnect the electrical connector for the air throttle valve. So when I do an internet search of the air throttle valve I see thumbnails left and right with pics and links to this thread; yet, when I click on the links, I'm not seeing any pics....even though I'm logged in. ....and I've been thru every page of this thread. Can anyone help me out so I can make sure I'm disconnecting the correct connector? Thanks
Old 07-11-2014, 05:24 PM
"California Style"

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Just look at and read the first post in this thread/sticky. Everything is right there...
Old 07-12-2014, 12:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ikeland
Well guys (and gals), I'm officially the very proud owner of a 2010 2500 Cummins Crew Cab long box 4x4 with the 6-speed manual. I am going to be doing full deletes ASAP and adding a tuner. My question is, is there one tuner that is preferable over others to get the best mix of improved power AND fuel economy? Have been looking at the Edge Juice and the Mini Maxx, but am open to suggestions to ya'll with more experience and expertise. Thanks in advance!
I love my mini maxx, I went from 14 to 21 MPG after deletes and have enough power to pull whatever I want. as long as you drive it like you have to pay to fix it, this has been a very reliable power combo and I have not had one moments trouble with it. From what I've been told by my performance guy the edge didn't have all of the bugs worked out at the time I did my deletes, they may have it fixed by now but I cant say for sure.

Hope it helps a little
Old 07-31-2014, 11:14 AM

I know, sound like a broken record.

Went into limp mode yesterday, no warning, no regeneration in process.

The fellow I deal with hooked up computer, said something like particulate filter it full.

So, I've read over the last couple hrs. and what I see is "not to replace with emissions clogged/or in limp mode", get repaired first then proceed".

If not repairing first will that be harmful or not possible or just to have a working system if stock needs replacing?

Thanks again
Old 07-31-2014, 11:59 AM
"California Style"

Basically, it is to repair first so that you have a working system if/when you need pass any inspections. Otherwise, if there is none then just delete the stuff and be happy with the result.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:11 PM

Just called DTR, no luck with the old tuners, pretty well expected that. Won't mention a name but called number given on Ebay, the owner or operator was hesitant to talk on phone.....guess I understand why. Mega-engr, think I'll pm you if ok. Thanks
Old 08-18-2014, 03:53 PM

Here's an update if anyone's interested. Chrysler cleaned turbo, replaced dpf filter, and I would guess cleaned every other part of this blue tech piece of junk. Fortunately on their dime, and also supplied me with a rental. All in all I was without my truck for almost 2 weeks.

I've bought a used smarty, although not received it yet. My muffler/tailpipe has rotted so going to replace it with 2007 stainless exhaust from turbo to tailpipe, mine is a 2008. Have been told it will work???????

I'm requesting some guidance on the egr delete hardware and anything else. I see some kits sold for $60 up to $200 and with my limited knowledge am not sure what I need. Any input would be welcomed. Want to do the Blake Style delete.

Can't thank xcc_rider enough for all his help/patience as well as mega-engr and Roadkill1. You guys are great. Tim
Old 01-26-2015, 04:28 PM

I'm in the process of deleteing a 2009 6.7. I have an EfiLive and dpf delete pipe. I going to block the cross over pipe, and put a plate under the egr valve. The question is I know I need to unplug the egr valve, butterfly valve, but do I need to unplug the egr cooler connector also?
Old 01-27-2015, 02:42 PM
"California Style"

Yes, you should disconnect the EGR Cooler connector. I ran with it connected for a while on accident and didn't really notice any issues or differences...
Old 01-27-2015, 02:43 PM

ok Thanks will do that.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:24 PM

5.9 Intake Horn

Can anyone tell me if the intake horn from a 5.9 will work on the 6.7, to get rid of all the crap. Thought it might be easier than all the deletes.
Thx
Old 04-02-2015, 06:55 AM

I'm new on the forum and to the 6.7. The question I have is I currently have a 2010 with the Edge Evolution CTS (which I know doesn't allow for deletes by itself), but can I run sims for a partial delete with just soft codes until I can set the funds aside for another tuner. I'm really just looking for fuel economy as the rest of the truck is stock. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: Deleting the 6.7: A guide to making it run right!