3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Looking for Veteran Help, Which transmission should i be looking for?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for Veteran Help, Which transmission should i be looking for?

I'll keep the question quick for anyone not wanting to read through a whole paragraph

I'm trying to make some build plans for a Dodge 2500 DD/truck i can take to the drag strip. What/Who should i be looking into for transmission that would hold 500-700 hp (depending on how far down the rabit hole i go)

With that said I would like to take a minute and say hello to all the forum users. I am new to this site but plan on being a regular at some point. I have little to no experience in performance modding a diesel. but thats what has brought me here. I have looked through the forums for a quite a bit and there is a Shart ton of valuable info in here. I started aftermarket modding 3 years ago when I picked up a 04 Grand Prix GTP, Great fun, fast car. But now that I'm out of the navy and back home in kansas I need something that Isn't affraid of going off paved roads. but i still want performance. Lots and lots of performance while not completely sacraficing the DD-ability of the truck. And please by all means if any of this looks wrong or you have ANY input on anything i've said or will say. please please please let me know. I am here to try to gain as much knowledge as i can to have the best build, fastest truck, most reliable parts as i can get. I figure who better to talk to and get advice from but the veterans here

My dream/goal I have done some research and have been saving up the money for a new truck. I want to start with a 2500 Megacab Dodge cummins. We've had dodges for as long as I can remeber for my fathers work trucks and to me they are the only logical answer.

I would like to pull 500-700 hp out of it and still utilize it as a DD. I know by modding this thing that engine life will go down, warenties out the window, and well along with the money.. but I plan on keeping this truck for a long time to come and pretty much be my baby. I want this as a hobby. I am FULLY aware that whatever money I put into with mods will not be coming back out of the truck if/when I must sell the truck. And I am 100% ok with that. I want to go big or go home with this build. i am patient enough to do research and listen to others before taking big steps with this truck.

If you have any build advice, products to stear clear or, products that are a must (from what i've read already.. the smarty system )

and general things to look out for for a new comer.

Again i want to do this right. I want to start with the transmission, go into exhaust, turbo/intake, fuel system, chip. I know its going to cost a lot but i've already figured on at least 25k for mods and the wife is fine with it.

So hello to everyone, and if you have any suggestions please let em roll.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the forum !

You should post this in the Speciality Forum's under the competition/kdk/kdk
Section.

Dave