3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

H&S XRT Pro Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H&S XRT Pro Question

Greetings, all. Long time, no type - I've been out of diesels for a few years (after fuel went over $4.00/gallon), and it took almost two years to find the right truck, which I found last Friday - 2004 Ram 3500 Dually six speed). I'm liking it so far, except it needs a little more power. A co-worker took an H&S XRT Pro off of a trade in truck, but neglected to return the truck to stock, thus VIN-locking it. We have no access to the truck now, so I went online Friday night and paid to have it unlocked, which seemed to work great, but here' the problem - the owner's manual very clearly states that this will work on 03-07 5.9l trucks, but once it was unlocked, I attempted to load the programming into my truck, and when prompted to identify the truck, the closest option was 06-07 Ram instead of 03-07, which is in the owner's manual. Not having any other good options, I chose the 06-07 option, and hit continue - it did nothing. I'm trying to decide if I have a paperweight or if I did something wrong. My suspicion is that it wouldn't attempt to load because it saw it was an older model year than 06, but with H&S gone, I have little recourse.

Any thoughts?
Old 02-22-2019, 05:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by White02Sport
Greetings, all. Long time, no type - I've been out of diesels for a few years (after fuel went over $4.00/gallon), and it took almost two years to find the right truck, which I found last Friday - 2004 Ram 3500 Dually six speed). I'm liking it so far, except it needs a little more power. A co-worker took an H&S XRT Pro off of a trade in truck, but neglected to return the truck to stock, thus VIN-locking it. We have no access to the truck now, so I went online Friday night and paid to have it unlocked, which seemed to work great, but here' the problem - the owner's manual very clearly states that this will work on 03-07 5.9l trucks, but once it was unlocked, I attempted to load the programming into my truck, and when prompted to identify the truck, the closest option was 06-07 Ram instead of 03-07, which is in the owner's manual. Not having any other good options, I chose the 06-07 option, and hit continue - it did nothing. I'm trying to decide if I have a paperweight or if I did something wrong. My suspicion is that it wouldn't attempt to load because it saw it was an older model year than 06, but with H&S gone, I have little recourse.

Any thoughts?
did you ever get a answer for this because I have a 05 and i ran into the same issue the manual says it does but my year is not i the selection menu