3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Aftermarket stereo with Infinity speakers... can't get it to work.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 08:15 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Yeah, I would like to do that, but I spend my money on go fast parts... if it don't make it go faster, I don't put it in! lol
Old 06-17-2016, 04:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dodge with Infinity

Originally Posted by madhat
I figured it out... when it said to hook one blue wire to the other blue wire... it meant BOTH blue wires... who would have thought?
Hi, I have Dodge with similar set up.., infinity system etc. I bought a Pioneer head unit and like you I got power with no sound after install. Can you confirm what wires you had to connect to get the infinity amp turned on? There is mention of connecting blue wires together?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Metra makes kits to adapt aftermarket head units to the Infiniti amp. I believe they also make wiring harnesses to bypass the amp if that's your preference. I'll be going through this in the next few weeks with mine when the new Kenwood finally starts shipping. If you go to Crutchfield's site and enter your year/model of truck and your head unit (or something close), you can see the adapters they recommend for you.
Old 06-17-2016, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by NJMurvin
Metra makes kits to adapt aftermarket head units to the Infiniti amp. I believe they also make wiring harnesses to bypass the amp if that's your preference. I'll be going through this in the next few weeks with mine when the new Kenwood finally starts shipping. If you go to Crutchfield's site and enter your year/model of truck and your head unit (or something close), you can see the adapters they recommend for you.
Thanks for the response. I'll try that and let you know. Please update post once you get your Kenwood up and running 😊
Old 03-16-2017, 11:41 PM

Update?!
Old 03-25-2017, 11:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm embarrassed to say that I still haven't pulled the trigger on my stereo upgrade. When the latest Kenwood finally started shipping, it had some poor reviews. So I held off AGAIN. Meanwhile, I funneled those funds toward an exhaust brake because I upgraded my trailer to a much heavier one ... and now I'm going to start a solar project for the trailer which will be even more $$$$.

Lately I've been toying with the idea of trading up to a later model truck but I can't seem to wrap my head around the price and dealing with DEF and all the other emissions stuff. Once I come to my senses (and decide to keep my truck and simply upgrade it a bit) I'll get serious again about a stereo system.
Old 03-26-2017, 02:35 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
I just had an Alpine head unit and four Polk Audio marine grade speakers installed.
It kills the stocker but thank God I wear progressive lens as the controls couldn't be any smaller. The Bluetooth is handy.
Old 03-26-2017, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by NJMurvin
I'm embarrassed to say that I still haven't pulled the trigger on my stereo upgrade. When the latest Kenwood finally started shipping, it had some poor reviews. So I held off AGAIN. Meanwhile, I funneled those funds toward an exhaust brake because I upgraded my trailer to a much heavier one ... and now I'm going to start a solar project for the trailer which will be even more $$$$.

Lately I've been toying with the idea of trading up to a later model truck but I can't seem to wrap my head around the price and dealing with DEF and all the other emissions stuff. Once I come to my senses (and decide to keep my truck and simply upgrade it a bit) I'll get serious again about a stereo system.
I figured it out. You need the pac chy4a unit
Old 03-26-2017, 03:52 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by wgr73
I figured it out. You need the pac chy4a unit
That's what I have. It enables compatibility with the Chrysler electronics.
2004 and up.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Danderson
That's what I have. It enables compatibility with the Chrysler electronics.
2004 and up.
Yup. I also added the SWI to retain steering wheel controls. There is NO wiring needed with the SWI if you have the CHY4, stupid easy install.

Also programming the SWI is cake and is customizable. I love the system, sucks there is so much wiring behind the stereo but at least you never see it!