3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

04 6spd injector issue??

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 6spd injector issue??

hi all its been forever since I've been on here,truck has been great for years. having a weird issue,
truck starts fine and idles fine when i start to drive i get a bit of injector rattle some times at a certain rpm,when shifting thru the gears when i push the clutch in rail press drops some times to below 4k some times 3k for a brief second and hesitates when i push on the go pedal then revs up and runs fine,she pulls hard and runs same as always but almost everyt time betreeen shifts she hesitates and even bucks a bit,i dumped a bunch of injector cleaner in and ill run that thru and see if it helps, is there anything else i can try,maybe the fca?? or some thing. doesn't seem to throw any codes,i have a smarty and a blue tooth obd scanner tool, it did throw a under voltage code a while a go but hasn't came back, i have a old school quadzllla commander for gauges,rail press is fine idles at 5200,some times drops to 4800. getting on it it will go to 20k no problem,i am running setting one for fuel economy,i will try it back to stock and see if it helps at all,fuel pressure seems a bit low 3-4psi and it fluctuates,up and down from there,i am going to replace the sending unit as i think its faulty and sending weird readings, any tips to try would be awesome,thanx so much guys
Old 11-02-2016, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i did some work on her today and seemed to have helped the problem,i read about the in tank pump and having a filter on it,i removed the pump and the inlet screen was very dirty,i cleaned and air compressed the screen and all components, i also drained and cleaned the filter housing which was kinda dirty,replaced the filter and while i was working in that area i tightened all the connecting tubes i could reach,took her for a drive and seemed much better,time will tell,who knew there was a filter in the silly in tank pump assembly