3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Help with plugs on steering column 2004

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with plugs on steering column 2004

Guys and Gals,
I have a 2004.5 2500 Four Door automatic.

I just did a heater core swap...I'll sell the **** truck before I do that again...but after getting it all back together I was connecting the plugs on the steering column and believe it or not, I can't find out where one goes. Been at it for hours. Dumbest thing I ever had to do. There is a harness that runs up the bottom of the steering column. It has a yellow plug and white plug that plug in next to each other at the base of the steering column. About 8 inches before the end, the harness Y's off and there is about a 10 inch long piece of wiring with a black male plug on it. I can't figure out where it goes! All I do know is that I have no overhead lights, no door buzzer, no dash lights and the truck won't start. Power seats work etc. Can anyone tell me where that **** plug goes? All this work doing a heater core to be held up by a plug I can't find!!
04BlackRam is online now Report Post
Old 08-31-2019, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 04BlackRam
Guys and Gals,
I have a 2004.5 2500 Four Door automatic.

I just did a heater core swap...I'll sell the **** truck before I do that again...but after getting it all back together I was connecting the plugs on the steering column and believe it or not, I can't find out where one goes. Been at it for hours. Dumbest thing I ever had to do. There is a harness that runs up the bottom of the steering column. It has a yellow plug and white plug that plug in next to each other at the base of the steering column. About 8 inches before the end, the harness Y's off and there is about a 10 inch long piece of wiring with a black male plug on it. I can't figure out where it goes! All I do know is that I have no overhead lights, no door buzzer, no dash lights and the truck won't start. Power seats work etc. Can anyone tell me where that **** plug goes? All this work doing a heater core to be held up by a plug I can't find!!
04BlackRam is online now Report Post
did you ever figure this out ? I'm having the same issue