2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Sport light harness from Daniel Stern Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sport light harness from Daniel Stern Lighting

Hello,

I am doing the sport headlight upgrade and read here that it is best to use a new wiring harness so I ordered the RIK RAM kit from Daniel Stern Lighting after initially asking via email about his product. Since ordering it I have emailed him now 3 times asking him to confirm he has the cc details and when it may be shipped. No Response!!! Has anyone done business with this co. recently? Kinda wondering what's going on?

Thanks for any reply's.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:30 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Use the phone...emails can be a poor way to communicate if people are busy
Old 03-08-2012, 12:42 AM

I had better luck calling, got the info I needed and was very happy with the help he provided.

he also has a park lite DRL for 42$ that is awesome, as the OEM DRL if failure prone.

I have all the wiring info on how to do this if needed
Old 03-08-2012, 05:39 PM

Hi Everyone,

Seems to have been ill for a bit so was not responding to emails or phone so totally understandable..Hope the instructions are clear for the assembly part.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:46 AM

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts
Let us know how it goes. I'm up for this next on my list.

Did you get stocker quadbeams or after market? I think I'll go with stock "sport" version to keep my truck looking stock.

Two close calls with deer this winter and I'm gonna upgrade the lighting.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I wouldn't recommend them, they have poor customer service. They won't answer emails, don't even try to send them one. Not sure why he even has email
I've been recommend this http://www.dieselautopower.com/produ...%20harness.htm
Old 03-11-2012, 09:10 AM

I emailed him with a question and in return got a very long detailed reply. I have heard nothing but good about his co.

Floyd
Old 03-11-2012, 12:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What kits other than suvlights allow all 4 to burn on highbeam?
Related thread:

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...t-t260623.html
Old 03-12-2012, 11:52 AM

I upgraded to sport headlights and replacement fog lights using the Daniel Stern Lighting wiring components and fog lights. I found Daniel Stern Lighting to be easy to work with and he does stand behind his products.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:26 PM

Hi Everyone,

Well it has been almost 3 weeks since he responded after I left a voice mail asking if he had received my order. His reply was it would be mailed tomorrow via email. I emailed asking if he had sent the Rik Ram kit and no reply in 3 days so called and left a message and no reply as well in 2 days.

I still have no idea if he has sent it but I am "almost sure" he has billed my cc for it but have yet to receive my statement.

Based on this I can only say "DO NOT" order from this co. I was told he was ill for awhile as a reason for his delay on his first/last email. I may have to approach the cc company to negate th transaction if possible as it has been 3 weeks now. PITA

Just want to pass on my experience todate all ppl be as it may.

oao
Old 03-29-2012, 11:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hope suvlights comes up soon, i suppose I can hold out until next fall when I really need light
Old 04-01-2012, 11:43 AM

Hello Update,

I talked with Daniel today in person "finally" and said I should have gotten the item as it was shipped sometime ago and he would look into it, no email till I emailed him asking what he found out and he said it never got shipped for waiting for a part and that it will go out today. So wait some more now....

If the company cannot run when the boss is sick then take it down until better.Poor communication and Poorly organized.

I hope the product is better "when/if I get it" than what I could have bought locally.

oao
Old 04-02-2012, 01:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hopefully you do get it, keep us updated.
I read bad feedback about him from multiple people. I think company needs to have better communication/customer skills.
I chose not to do business with them just cause of this.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:51 AM

I have ordered from him a long time ago maybe 5-6yrs ago? Was very quick to respond. So far I would reorder from him. Havent heard bad about him till now.

does have good products. He did refer me to "candle power store" for some other bulbs I was looking for as well.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:09 PM

I ordered a wiring harness from him a few years ago and was surprised to find the harness came from Susquehanna Motorsports out of Pa. I think he calls himself a consultant and is a one man show, and does not do any of the work other than orders on your behalf...and of course charges you.

Quick Reply: Sport light harness from Daniel Stern Lighting