Go Back   Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums > 1st and 2nd Generation Ram - Years 1989-2002 > 2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-25-2012, 11:04 PM   #1

FOB failure

Out of the blue my one and only FOB quit working, changed the batteries and still no work. Bought a new one and had to take it to the ******* to get it programmed
Out of the blue it quit.
Point is that they can just fail. The new one works great. Just some FOB info for general knowledge is all....
"Mods" >>> 4" turbo back* K&N drop in* Edge Juice w/ Att. with Pillar mount (so clean)** Airdog Raptor FRRP *Vulcan Big Line FP relocation kit* Draw Straw 1 with 3/8" to the VP44, complete with 1/4 tank issue...**
"Loads" >>> 2000 Fleetwood Elkhorn 8S Delux, fully contained*
"I tow a" >>>Skeeter 200c Merc EFI 200 HP 73.8 MPH on GPS*
sluggo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:09 AM   #2

FOB, don't know what it stands for? "Found on base" "frequently omitted bras" "funny other brother".

Floyd
96 4X4 Auto, Gauges, Full time power windows, headlight relays, By-pass filter, KDP Done, Lukes Link, GM Wheel cylinders, removed fuel heater, Banks triple disc TC, Transgo Diesel shift kit, Homemade freespin manual lockout hubs w/old school bearings.
I need no stinking chips.
For those who fought for it Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.
blackimpala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:23 AM   #3

Fob isn't an abbreviation but rather the name of a clasp used on pocket watch chains back in the 1800s that made it easier to pull the watch out of your pocket. You grabbed hold of the fob rather than the chain.
Since then the word fob has morphed into a term for any object used to make manual access easier.
stock for one day
infidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:58 AM   #4
DTR Online Store/Admin

My guess is he means the Key Fob for unlocking the doors and such

lellis@dieseltruckresource.com
DTR Performance Shop Toll Free USA 1-877-375-1956

If you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first!
Lary Ellis (Top) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidel View Post
Fob isn't an abbreviation but rather the name of a clasp used on pocket watch chains back in the 1800s that made it easier to pull the watch out of your pocket. You grabbed hold of the fob rather than the chain.
Since then the word fob has morphed into a term for any object used to make manual access easier.
You've been around THAT long??? LOL J/K
9812vram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidel View Post

Rough crowd...
sluggo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #7

They will wear out like a lot of stuff on our trucks.

I bought a replacement set on ebay and had them coded for my truck so I would have an extra set on hand before they got rare and spendy.

Of course, I am so cheap I am still using the original first one since I bought the truck. Its polished and worn down to the point where I should just break out a new one but I probably won't!

2001.5 2500 QC LB 4WD H.O. 6-SPD SLT Plus
3.54's, Camper/Tow/Plow, A.R.E. Canopy, Southbend clutch/hyd.,TIMBO APPS, BHAF/Heatshield, MBRP 4" TBE, FP Gauge, DSS, Thuren Trac Bar, 2" leveling kit, P/H Tow Mirrors, PBR, FASS LP,Vulcan big-line kit, Firestone Ride-Rite Airbags, 142K miles

"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened or not." Mark Twain

Support Our Troops!

NRA, MSBL, BYO, GSP, BOLTS, Southpaw, CDC*

*Cracked Dash Club
SIXSLUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:19 PM

submit to reddit