2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

3rd gen 3rd brake light on a 2nd gen?

Old 07-06-2015, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3rd gen 3rd brake light on a 2nd gen?

Hey all, I've been looking around to try to figure out if a 3rd gen or any later gen 3rd brake light would fit my 2nd gen. I can't stand that clear one and I don't really want to shell out over $200 for an aftermarket red one right now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:22 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am not sure about the 3rd gen or later brake light assembly but have you tried wreckers for replacements?
Old 07-07-2015, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
I am not sure about the 3rd gen or later brake light assembly but have you tried wreckers for replacements?
As in a junkyard? No not yet. I'm going to head over to one someday, but I'm busy buying a house and moving. If I can get one cheap enough I'll pick it up and try it. Just thought I'd ask while it was on my mind. Thanks for the reply.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:47 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There is a guy on this site named Redlinear who runs his own Cummins wrecking yard in Redline, Arkansas (hence his screen name). I have purchased hard to find items from him in the past. The shipping to get stuff to Canada means I have to pick and choose what I get from him but he would be another good place to look.

Search for him and then send him a PM.
The following users liked this post:
bernhard85 (05-22-2020)
Old 07-07-2015, 04:11 PM

Great thanks!
Old 07-08-2015, 01:01 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
I bought one of them:

Truck Parts and Truck Accessories

HTH
Old 07-09-2015, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by AlpineRAM
I bought one of them:

Truck Parts and Truck Accessories

HTH
Did it fit?
Old 07-10-2015, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by anonymous_1
Did it fit?
Yes, it did fit.
Bought the red and white one.
Old 08-11-2015, 08:39 AM

Ok, so my 2003 and up 3rd taillight showed up yesterday. I should have looked at them before I bought them. It's not even close to fitting. It's way bigger and curved, where the 2nd gen light is flat. I was just wanting a cheaper option to get rid of my clear lens without having to give up my cargo light. Just wanted to let everyone know.
Attached Thumbnails 3rd gen 3rd brake light on a 2nd gen?-imag0312.jpg  
Old 08-12-2015, 01:01 PM

Sorry, I think I did not make myself clear enough -
I wanted to point out the 2nd gen brake lights-
I bought the one with the # 56-6700 to replace one like #56-6701 on a red truck. I put the bed light bulbs in and now he lights the bed in red. .
Old 08-21-2015, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by AlpineRAM
Sorry, I think I did not make myself clear enough -
I wanted to point out the 2nd gen brake lights-
I bought the one with the # 56-6700 to replace one like #56-6701 on a red truck. I put the bed light bulbs in and now he lights the bed in red. .
Yeah afterwards I kind of figured that. Haha. The worst part is if I would of looked at the two I would of known there was no way it would of fit! Haha. Oh well, a guy at work with a 3rd gen 1 ton bought it from me. No biggie.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
first off let me say thanks for allowing me to be part of your forum i appreciate the welcoming thank you all !! <3 so i know this is old but i am in the market for another ram 2500 cummins and i found a 2000 24v and the trans has just been rebuilt completely with some extras about a 1,000 miles ago so to me thats pretty new and its an older guy so it probably wasn't beat on he said its just his daily driver, he has a bunch of receipts for all the work done to it just, injectors ( i think he said 75hp)?, injection pump, intake horn,water pump, tps sensor, brakes, starter, front wheel bearings, new map sensor, and some other little stuff just as maintenance, he did say it is gonna need a heater core which ive done a few on the 2nd gen and 3rd gen so i got that part down haha , my question is is there anything besides the (53 Block) i need to look out for this is the first 2nd gen diesel ive owned the rest were when i was younger and they were gasssers i currently have a 2003 1500 quad cab hemi and its beautiful never given me any issues but the 2nd gen is going to be a project since the business runs itself with the wife there ive become bored and wanted to rebuild a 2nd gen its mostly just the typical body rust that it has but nothing is just completely gone its just showing so i want to have some fun and restore it to its beauty haha lol but im hoping someone sees this even though the original post is much older just so i have an idea of what to double check when i arrive at the truck before buying rust isnt an issue but mechanically in mewer to the 2nd gen 24v cummins..? any and all input is greatly appreciated thank you for your time !!
Old 04-28-2020, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by bernhard85
first off let me say thanks for allowing me to be part of your forum i appreciate the welcoming thank you all !! <3 so i know this is old but i am in the market for another ram 2500 cummins and i found a 2000 24v and the trans has just been rebuilt completely with some extras about a 1,000 miles ago so to me thats pretty new and its an older guy so it probably wasn't beat on he said its just his daily driver, he has a bunch of receipts for all the work done to it just, injectors ( i think he said 75hp)?, injection pump, intake horn,water pump, tps sensor, brakes, starter, front wheel bearings, new map sensor, and some other little stuff just as maintenance, he did say it is gonna need a heater core which ive done a few on the 2nd gen and 3rd gen so i got that part down haha , my question is is there anything besides the (53 Block) i need to look out for this is the first 2nd gen diesel ive owned the rest were when i was younger and they were gasssers i currently have a 2003 1500 quad cab hemi and its beautiful never given me any issues but the 2nd gen is going to be a project since the business runs itself with the wife there ive become bored and wanted to rebuild a 2nd gen its mostly just the typical body rust that it has but nothing is just completely gone its just showing so i want to have some fun and restore it to its beauty haha lol but im hoping someone sees this even though the original post is much older just so i have an idea of what to double check when i arrive at the truck before buying rust isnt an issue but mechanically in mewer to the 2nd gen 24v cummins..? any and all input is greatly appreciated thank you for your time !!
I would suggest that you start a thread with your questions.

Then, I recommend the use of punctuation, and also some line-breaks could be thrown in.

In this forum the "netiquette" is to start a new thread if one does not answer to a question that is pertinent to an existing thread.
Also, trying to produce readable text is nothing to be ashamed of.

If this Austrian can do it..
Old 04-30-2020, 04:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thank you and yeah i was never much of a writer hahamy wife says my texts always run together haha but thank you very much i will do what you mentioned i appreciate the help im new to forums and stuff and i grew up before the tech era haha so its all newer to me for the most part but thank you very much