24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Fuel issues pump & filter housing

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel issues pump & filter housing

OK so the guy I bought my 12 valve from for some reason put a holly blue on it.Why idk.What I do know is I hate them.I replaced one over the end of summer& it's leaking from weep hole again.So my question is how do I go back to the stock manual pump?
Also my fuel filter housing has been leaking for awhile which I can only imagine could damage the engine if I don't fix it soon.I cannot seem to find where the thing it leaking from Even though it pools up on the cover so I was going to go to Geno's garage & order a pretty 96 housing.What all will I need?Any help would be greatly appreciated.All of a sudden the past 2 months this truck has given me more problems then I would have ever thought.I have a 9500k check on the way which I can throw about half into the truck but don't want to.As it's not everyday my broke **** gets that kind of a check&I have other plans.Anyways any help would greatly be appreciated.Thanks...Also when I start truck when cold if I give it some go pedal I get white smoke.Which I'm guessing &am hoping is normal with what all is going on.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:42 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hello;

I think you might get more responses if you re-post this in the forum for 12-valve engines. This forum is for discussion on the 24-valve engines.

For what it's worth, I'll tell you what worked for me on my truck for a leaking fuel filter housing.

There are a lot of threads on here talking about the 24 valve engines and their leaking fuel filter housings. Usually, the earlier 24V models would develop a leak where the fuel heater wires goes through the top of the canister.

I was actually able to stop my leak with Marine-grade JB weld. Then I bought a used one from a salvage yard from a newer model truck; since I had already changed my hard fuel lines out for larger hoses, I only had to make a wiring pigtail to keep the factory heater element working on the newer model and I just buy factory filter elements for the proper year as replacements. I do also have an in-line filter prior to the lift pump as well.

Many others have chosen to repair their housing by taking it apart and replacing the O-ring, or buy the kit to get rid of the heater altogether and plug the hole with a plug.

Good Luck!