1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Who's Going To Carlisle 2016?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 02:50 PM

Received 308 Likes on 234 Posts
Originally Posted by NJTman
Sounds good to me, although I'll be a few minutes late. Figure by Noon on saturday....

Better late than never! I might see you there. I'd be pretty disappointed if I didn't get to meet the Amazing NJTman!
Old 07-14-2016, 07:50 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by MrFusion
Better late than never! I might see you there. I'd be pretty disappointed if I didn't get to meet the Amazing NJTman!

Wow !

Your doctor must have you on some really GOOD happy pills !!!

Old 07-15-2016, 09:00 PM

I wish!
Had a great time (and a couple beers) with Oliver and Company. Hung around with Freight Train for a bit. I would say I talked to the guy in the Viking hat but but its more of an experience than a chat. The guy's a hot ticket! Had a beer with Ontario Mark. Ollie and I also performed some minor surgery.

I mostly sat around and BSed with people. I didn't even make it to the show field. I did see a lot of awesome 1st gens.

I am eagerly awaiting NJTman's arrival at high noon tomorrow!
Old 07-16-2016, 01:31 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts
It was nice meeting everyone. I wish I could have had more time to get to know everyone better. I was trying to cram a lot in one day. I am still so surprised at the age of everyone. I thought with all of the knowledge I had read on here you guys would have been older.
Old 07-16-2016, 08:51 PM
BHD

Received 386 Likes on 256 Posts
I wish I could have made it Friday. But, in my defense, I got a call from a local salvage yard Thursday. This guy has the best selection of first gen and original gen parts within 50 miles of me and I buy a lot of stuff from him. Anyways he informed me that he just got a '92 D350 CTD 5spd in and I had first chance to buy it. Not just cherry pick parts off it, but buy the whole truck. Well I asked the price and was WAYYYY to good to pass up. So I spent my Friday afternoon winching a '92 club cab dually onto my trailer and hauling it home. I need another truck like I need another steel plate in my leg, but I couldn't pass it up. I'll post some pics when I get a chance. Sorry I missed you guys, the weather was perfect for the Mopar Show.
Old 07-16-2016, 09:05 PM

You have a great friendship there buddy. Cherish what most of us yearn for.

Anyone else allowed in this vineyard, or is it by invite only ?
Old 07-16-2016, 09:21 PM

Met up with Ollie, his daughter her friend and her father, (Ollies neighbor) a Canadian drifter, Slatemd from N.Y., and Mr. Fusion. What a bunch of coconuts. Anyone I left out, my apologies, but the sun fried the brain through the hat ( little I have left )

Everyone stood around sweating buckets, drinking beer, and talking 1st Gen smack. What a blast. Had a fantastic time with a truly great bunch of people. Even the ball and chain said that she loved meeting everyone, and felt you guys was all awesome, down to earth good peoples.

They we're all eating goat steaks... Yeah, that's what I said... Goat steaks I guess it tases like chicken. Lol

Looking forward to next year already
Old 07-16-2016, 09:29 PM
BHD

Its an old school junkyard. They don't need a deposit on parts, but if you don't pick up what you ask for he will remember that, credit cards are frowned upon, this guy has the inventory committed to memory. I don't know the whole story of the place, but I think his grandfather started it, and the current owner is in his 60's. Its a pick a part or he'll have the yard crew pull stuff for a price. Its quite the establishment, and one of the few that takes in older stuff to dismantle, I think its a dying breed of business, I could spend hours there, he has anything from Kia Rondos to Mack R models.
Old 07-17-2016, 07:09 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts
We don't have yards like that around me anymore. BHD it sounds similar to a yard up that use to be up near you in Martinsburg. For years they didn't allow customers in the yard. When the dad past away the son started and the word got out that there were several early Hemi's in the yard. Guess who bought them

Can I get a HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-17-2016, 09:00 AM
BHD

Yeah I know exactly which one you are referring to, not the same as the one I mentioned though. The yard you reference I scored a front dana 60 out of an early powerwagon and I 440 bellhousing for a truck. I recall looking at late sixties RT Chargers and Roadrunners in that yard, I bet that stuff would have brought some good money at the Carlisle show, too bad they crushed most of it. Its a shame there are fewer places like that left.
Old 07-17-2016, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by BHD
I wish I could have made it Friday. But, in my defense, I got a call from a local salvage yard Thursday. This guy has the best selection of first gen and original gen parts within 50 miles of me and I buy a lot of stuff from him. Anyways he informed me that he just got a '92 D350 CTD 5spd in and I had first chance to buy it. Not just cherry pick parts off it, but buy the whole truck. Well I asked the price and was WAYYYY to good to pass up. So I spent my Friday afternoon winching a '92 club cab dually onto my trailer and hauling it home. I need another truck like I need another steel plate in my leg, but I couldn't pass it up. I'll post some pics when I get a chance. Sorry I missed you guys, the weather was perfect for the Mopar Show.
You should've driven straight to Carlisle, tripled what you paid for the truck and parked it in the car corral! Or outside the gate

As penance for your absence this weekend you should meet me at this yard you speak of sometime. Seriously!

There is yard like that near me but, unfortunately, they are Ford guys. The only Dodges he has in there is a 60's D400 and 2 wrecked cars from the 50's.
Old 07-17-2016, 06:47 PM

I love how guys talk about these places, but never disclose the locations of these mythological junkyards for others to be able to visit.

Selfishness and fear of being cleaned out overcomes.

Human nature to preserve, I guess.
Old 07-18-2016, 09:17 AM

Hey Oliver,

Send me some pix. Hopefully you guys got home okay. Let us know.

Tried calling the house, but phone was busy. Either your mastiff knocked the phone off the hook, or you're returning calls all morning.

T.
Old 07-18-2016, 10:38 AM

Received 2,378 Likes on 1,572 Posts
T-man,
We got in last night about 11 PM. It was about a 10 1/2 hour haul on the way back.
It was AWESOME meeting everyone, chatting Mopar and having a beer[s] at the show.
Great bunch of guys.
RAM, AKA freighttrain stopped by while shopping a few times and hung out in the shade.
Tim gave me some great hot sauce his buddy makes. He also was a great help with his first aid kit for Charlotte's blister between the toes from running around the show in flip flops.
Mark from Ontario stopped by my show spot with beer in hand everyday.
Chris AKA the big bald guy [he is slateMD here]who usually rocks the viking hat was his usual crazy self.
T-man and his wife Cathy hung out with us for several hours on Sat, which was cool as I had never met Mr. T before….I pity the fool…I just had too, T-man.

Poncho, my 91.0, did great for it first long trip. I averaged 17.5-21 MPG depending on the speed I was traveling and how long the stop and go PA. highway traffic lasted…

I was too late for the for the goat chops that where cooking when we left for the the walk around the show field, but I sure I will be having goat for dinner with the neighbors soon. Walter had just butchered a male goat before we left for the show. They raise chickens, ducks, rabbits for meat and eggs. The goats are mostly for the milk. They get a gallon a day off one goat each morning and another gallon each night. They also have a small farm going with acres of garlic and other veggies. It was Walter's daughter and his first Carlisle show. Sounds like they want to go to next years show as well as they had a blast.
The party just gets bigger every year.

I did get a few pictures taken on Sunday before we left but I forgot about my iPad for most of the show and just had a good time.
I will send you a few pictures now T-man.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:01 PM

Glad you guys made it home safe.

Mr. Fusion Tim sent us home a different way, and it was way cool. Much better than taking 81 out of Carlisle in the traffic. I'll be going back that same way next year, as it cuts out a big hunk of the 81 slowdown, while giving you a nice tour of the back country.

A few pix you sent. Stupid me, left my camera / cell phone home, so I didn't get a single shot.

Thanks !

Cool meeting you guys and walking the show field with ya ! All those old mopars brings me back to being a kid.
Attached Thumbnails Who's Going To Carlisle 2016?-carlisle1.jpg   Who's Going To Carlisle 2016?-carlisle2.jpg   Who's Going To Carlisle 2016?-carlisle3.jpg   Who's Going To Carlisle 2016?-carlisle4.jpg   Who's Going To Carlisle 2016?-carlisle5.jpg  

Who's Going To Carlisle 2016?-carlisle6.jpg   Who's Going To Carlisle 2016?-carlisle7.jpg  

Quick Reply: Who's Going To Carlisle 2016?