1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Who's Going To Carlisle 2016?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 03:07 PM

Received 308 Likes on 234 Posts
Who's Going To Carlisle 2016?

Its almost that time of year again, Christmas in July for Mopar enthusiasts! In an effort for more of us 1st gen guys and gals to meet face to face (and possible have a beer or two) I thought I'd start a thread to figure out who is going to attend and when are they going to be there.

Last year the 1st Gen section was about half way between gate 3 and gate 5 on the hill. I'm assuming it is in the same place this year. That may be a good rallying point for those of us that will be there.

I plan to be there all day Friday, starting early (0730ish). I may be there Saturday as well.

Everyone that is going please chime in with the day and approximate time you'll be there. Thanks!
Old 06-28-2016, 05:37 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts
I have been going up for several years. I only go on Friday and I try and get there early. I park in either the restaurant lot or the lot next to it. I will have my Cummins RC there again this year
Old 06-28-2016, 07:48 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
I'll be there meeting up with Evil-Oliver on the hill you speak of.

Saturday is the best day for me and the ball and chain to get away from life as we know it.

The brick won't be there. I'm pulling the steering gear due to a seeping pitman seal, and sending it back to Chip. He wants it back under his warranty.
Old 06-28-2016, 10:15 PM

Received 2,378 Likes on 1,572 Posts
I just got in from wrenching in the shop.
I have been working on Poncho since this afternoon to get it ready for the trip.
My friend Walter will be driving that down with his daughter.
I will be working on Poncho and the Vanilla Gorilla this week, as I have had little time with my dad being sick to wrench on the Gauntlet RC project.
My daughter and I will be there Thursday late afternoon - Sun late morning.
Look for the white crew cab and the white reg cab parked next to each other in the 1st gen section of the show field.
I will have a beer in the cooler for you fellow DTR'ers.
I am looking forward to it.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:29 PM
BHD

Received 386 Likes on 256 Posts
I'll try to make it down Friday. As long as my real job lets me have the day off and the shop isn't too busy I should be there before noon.
Old 06-29-2016, 06:32 PM

Oli I normally take the day (Fri) to scavenge through the parts aisles. But this year I am going to try and make my way up to shake your hand and put a face to the name.
The following users liked this post:
oliver foster (06-29-2016)
Old 07-02-2016, 04:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Going to try and make it down on Friday this year.

cheers
Doug
Old 07-03-2016, 02:18 PM

Oli do you know off the top of your head what it cost to park your truck inside the field? I know I normally park either at the restaurant or the lot next to it. The cost to park is normally $10 plus the cost to enter the fairgrounds is another $10 or so. The reason I ask is not because I think my RC is show worthy but I am bringing the 833 out of my 'Cuda for Brewers to seal up before it goes in after paint. Its not as heavy as a NV4500 but it is more than I want to drag around to Brewers site before I start my parts scavenging. If its roughly the same price I may park inside. Thoughts/opinion?
Old 07-03-2016, 02:45 PM

Received 2,378 Likes on 1,572 Posts
Originally Posted by freight train
Oli do you know off the top of your head what it cost to park your truck inside the field? I know I normally park either at the restaurant or the lot next to it. The cost to park is normally $10 plus the cost to enter the fairgrounds is another $10 or so. The reason I ask is not because I think my RC is show worthy but I am bringing the 833 out of my 'Cuda for Brewers to seal up before it goes in after paint. Its not as heavy as a NV4500 but it is more than I want to drag around to Brewers site before I start my parts scavenging. If its roughly the same price I may park inside. Thoughts/opinion?
To park in the show field and passes for two people for the weekend is $65 this late in the month.
I think it is $55 if you reserve a show spot earlier in the year.
It looks like, I am bringing my '91.0 shop truck with "excellent patina" this year which is not really a show poodle either.
I just found my white crew has lots of glitter in the rear axle oil and pinion play. Looks like I will not have time to fix it next week.
I will be parking in the show field with the '91.0 anyway. My daughter and I like it and we think it is cool, which is all that matters to me. I am not looking to take home a $10 trophy anyway.
I will be the white RCLB with a TEAL tailgate, unless I have time to fix the missing tail gate strap posts before then… The last owner unnecessarily saw-z-alled them off to install a slide in camper.
Old 07-03-2016, 07:10 PM

$65 huh, I'm to cheep for that. Heck that extra $30/$40 I will save will bring me home an extra trinket I will never use, LOL. I will have to dolly in my tranny I guess.
Old 07-04-2016, 06:59 AM
BHD

Received 386 Likes on 256 Posts
FreightTrain, I've purchased big items at Carlisle in the past and after talking nice to the gate keepers, they have allowed me to drive into the flea market to pick up my junk. It might be worth a try, your back will thank you.
Old 07-04-2016, 03:45 PM

In talking with Wayne at Brewers they do offer a cart service, LOL. I normally don't take a little wagon as it takes up space in my RC when I am trying to cram parts in it but I may have to this year.
Old 07-05-2016, 07:21 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
"Please don't cring,roll your eye's, or let your mouth drop open ( to far ),,but what is " Carlisle's",or where is Carlisle. It sounds like a place to go.

Thanks Whosdunit.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:18 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by whosdunit
"Please don't cring,roll your eye's, or let your mouth drop open ( to far ),,but what is " Carlisle's",or where is Carlisle. It sounds like a place to go.

Thanks Whosdunit.
One of the largest mopar meets of the year in PA

DAISY Duke, Richard Petty and the like will be there on Saturday.

Here:
Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - Collector Car Show and Swap Meet, Everything Mopar, Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, AMC, Jeep, and RAM
Old 07-05-2016, 09:12 PM

For those who have never been to Carlisle or Columbus just imagine a car show that has acres and acres of vendors from all over North America with just about anything you can imagine for sale. Note I wrote just about. I have gone there with a list and left disappointed. Along with that rows or every kind of Mopar built in the show fields. No matter your fancy if its apart of the Mopar family there will be an example of it. Then if your feeling ancy there is a dragway and even a motorcross track. Forewarned last year a beautiful Banana Yellow Cuda was driven through a wall. Anyway's, my b-day is July 15th and every year since I was 20 I have taken off work on the Fri of the event strictly to walk the vendor rows. The Carlisle show always falls near my b-day. Its a right of passage if you will. My son Major is 2.5. When he is old enough not to become a boat anchor I will have him draggin a wagon full of parts for some old Plymouth. Mopar to ya!!!!

Not to mention the stars you can see. I accidently came face to face with Bill Goldberg walking through the vendors. His neck was bigger than my waist. I am 6'1 so I am not use to looking up at many people. He towered about me, LOL. Funny out of all the stars that has been up there over the years he's the only one I have met. When I get there I get into vendor mode. So I don't pay attention to anything else.

Quick Reply: Who's Going To Carlisle 2016?