1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Thumbs down to Dodge Connection

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 08:07 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs down Thumbs down to Dodge Connection

Hi Folks, just reporting my frustration with Dodge connection. I ordered a reinforcement bracket for my power steering box last week and heard nothing back. I contacted them yesterday and got an email from them today saying they will pack the item and ship it tomorrow. ***...25-dollars shipping cost for UPS ground with sluggish service sucks with a big project waiting on them. Aggravating, and hoping they have a yelp because they will hear it from little ole me.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Received 562 Likes on 411 Posts
Originally Posted by tomd
Hi Folks, just reporting my frustration with Dodge connection. I ordered a reinforcement bracket for my power steering box last week and heard nothing back. I contacted them yesterday and got an email from them today saying they will pack the item and ship it tomorrow. ***...25-dollars shipping cost for UPS ground with sluggish service sucks with a big project waiting on them. Aggravating, and hoping they have a yelp because they will hear it from little ole me.
I'm right with you. They hide behind that they say that it's a part time business. They appear to be Christians because they end all of their messages with "have a blessed day". Well, they sure don't try to help that along. My experience with them sucked and I will never do business with them again...Mark
The following users liked this post:
tomd (03-22-2017)
Old 03-22-2017, 12:29 PM

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts
Their response time is less than stellar, I don't recall how long it took them to respond to me when I purchased my bracket. But it was longer than it should have been. They state UPS shipping, so I used my work address. Payed for UPS SHIPPING. Then I get a tracking number for USPS. Post office doesn't deliver to my work had to get package held at post office, then got a nice talking to by the post master for using the address I did.

Ill make my own bracket before I purchase from dodge connection again.
Old 03-22-2017, 01:17 PM
Banned

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts
I have never used them for anything but did just check out their website. The first thing I read front and center of their website was.

"we only ship out once a week".

This can always be a communication gap if all ordering is done online and not over a phone call. I suspect they likely would have gave you the shipping details over the phone.
Old 03-22-2017, 01:26 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Shipping stinks in some outfits, but then again, what else are you going to do ? Not sure if anyone else out there has the bracket or not, so it is what it is, and having all the parts there before you start the job is probably a good idea to begin with.

Not making excuses for anyone. Simply stating that I like having all my parts in hand before I start ripping stuff apart.

My buddy lived here for 45 years. His wife made him move with their kids to Tennessee. The other day, his CB antenna mount broke. It's a K40. Calls all around by him, no gots. He's not computer savvy, but calls a local electronics store here, right near my house. They have a dozen of them. He asked me to pick one up and send it. he asked on Monday night, Tuesday morning, I purchased and shipped it right out to him.

Why did I do it for him ???? The store DOES NOT SHIP items to anyone... In store purchases only.

I guess they've had bad shipping experiences too....
tomd (03-22-2017)
Old 03-22-2017, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by deere country
I have never used them for anything but did just check out their website. The first thing I read front and center of their website was.

This can always be a communication gap if all ordering is done online and not over a phone call. I suspect they likely would have gave you the shipping details over the phone.
Did you see anywhere that most of their parts are for 150 trucks? That is what she said, "it's obvious that most of our parts are for 150 trucks". I saved the pages on my computer in case they changed it. I was even careful not to damage the original box that the part was in. It is not stated anywhere that I could see that their parts are for 1/2 ton trucks. I will never deal with them again, In my opinion as a free American. they are acting like christian thieves, but you can have your own opinion. Even after I shipped the part back, I still had to call them to get a refund. Then it took 3 days. If anyone wants to see the thread of E-mails between me and her, I will be glad to forward them to you. P.S. They don't answer the phone...Mark
tomd (03-22-2017)
Old 03-22-2017, 02:54 PM

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by maybe368
Did you see anywhere that most of their parts are for 150 trucks? That is what she said, "it's obvious that most of our parts are for 150 trucks". I saved the pages on my computer in case they changed it. I was even careful not to damage the original box that the part was in. It is not stated anywhere that I could see that their parts are for 1/2 ton trucks. I will never deal with them again, In my opinion as a free American. they are christian thieves, but you can have your own opinion. Even after I shipped the part back, I still had to call them to get a refund. Then it took 3 days. If anyone wants to see the thread of E-mails between me and her, I will be glad to forward them to you. P.S. They don't answer the phone...Mark
I've not had luck finding junkyards full of old Dodge trucks near me, but is this bracket not a knock-off of something Mopar put on vehicles the same vintage and First Gen trucks? Perhaps they were OEM on Ramchargers only (effectively a half-ton vehicle)? I guess what I'm asking is if these brackets were ever sold by Mopar as an add-on for our First Gen diesel trucks?

I've got Dodge Truck Parts Catalogs going back to 1982; I'll see if I can find an OEM bracket in a catalog. Not that it matters, but Terry Elders once told me he was the original designer of this part.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:09 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by james1
I've not had luck finding junkyards full of old Dodge trucks near me, but is this bracket not a knock-off of something Mopar put on vehicles the same vintage and First Gen trucks? Perhaps they were OEM on Ramchargers only (effectively a half-ton vehicle)? I guess what I'm asking is if these brackets were ever sold by Mopar as an add-on for our First Gen diesel trucks?

I've got Dodge Truck Parts Catalogs going back to 1982; I'll see if I can find an OEM bracket in a catalog. Not that it matters, but Terry Elders once told me he was the original designer of this part.
I never said that I bought that bracket, did I?...Mark
Old 03-22-2017, 03:29 PM

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts
Smile

I never said that I bought that bracket, did I?...Mark
No you didn't; sorry. The OP was regarding the bracket and I was making the assumption you were concerned the Dodge Connection bracket was not sufficiently beefy for a truck larger than a half-ton. My bad.

BTW, I just looked through Dodge Truck Parts catalogs covering a number of years and I could not locate an OEM bracket. Then again, the under-bed "Transmission Oil Cooler" that was most clearly a Mopar-manufactured item (albeit dealer-installed), does not show up in the Parts Catalog either.
tomd (03-22-2017)
Old 03-22-2017, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by james1
No you didn't; sorry. The OP was regarding the bracket and I was making the assumption you were concerned the Dodge Connection bracket was not sufficiently beefy for a truck larger than a half-ton. My bad.

BTW, I just looked through Dodge Truck Parts catalogs covering a number of years and I could not locate an OEM bracket. Then again, the under-bed "Transmission Oil Cooler" that was most clearly a Mopar-manufactured item (albeit dealer-installed), does not show up in the Parts Catalog either.
Not a problem. I bought one of their P-brake pedal assemblies, I was thrilled that they had them, it said fits 73-93 Dodge trucks. It wasn't right for my truck, it looked the same, but I didn't note that it was different. She said to return it but that there would be a restock fee and I would have to pay return shipping. I argued that it was their fault because it said that it would fit my truck. It should not have cost me a dime. I thought about a small claims suit, but the principle just wasn't worth it. I think that they are acting either stupid or dishonest, one or the other...Mark
tomd (03-22-2017)
Old 03-22-2017, 08:24 PM

[QUOTE=NJTman;3323668], so it is what it is, and having all the parts there before you start the job is probably a good idea to begin with.[QUOTE]

No argument there, had I known a few things ide have bought the bracket a month ago! Thanks for your help NJT -

Also there was a detail I missed about them only shipping once a week, not sure why they do this, but I wouldn't have been as grumped out had I seen it, so my bad there and Who knows, maybe a pack mule is needed
Old 03-22-2017, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by deere country

Thanks Deere_Country!
Old 03-22-2017, 08:32 PM

I'm right with you. They hide behind that they say that it's a part time business.
Thanks Mark! I appreciate it
!
Old 03-22-2017, 09:02 PM
Administrator

Ok, since we seem to be a kumbta moment here, if someone can show me where it is "obvious" that most of their parts are for half ton trucks. I'll aquiesce, how's that for a big word? ...Mark
Old 03-22-2017, 09:07 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Ok, ......I'll aquiesce, how's that for a big word? ...Mark
What's next , Mark???

Colonoscopy? Cystoscopy ???

Lol

Quick Reply: Thumbs down to Dodge Connection