1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

newbee here with 91 w250 cummins

Old 05-05-2015, 07:05 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by joshuabuilt
yeah after I changed the radiator in my 68 vw bug! lol,
had what I thought was a flasher issue, tap the panel and the blinkers work.
replace flasher with no change in results. parked the truck for a week and when I got in they were not working. I pulled the lower dash and whole plastic column off and didn't find anything obvious. if I use my power probe and apply power to one side of the flasher the hazard lights up and stays on, I then took the indicator switch all off and again didn't see anything punching me in the face but I don't know enough to diagnose such issues
You need to find a diagram and trace it out.

There are 2 circuits, and two flashers. The turn signal flasher is powered through the ignition switch and a fuse. The hazard flasher is powered direct from battery through a fuse. If neither works, both are out. Usually a direct short to ground somewhere will take out both fuses as both systems (turn and hazard) are tried. The short can be intermittent.

hope it helps.

Check your muffler fluid also. Oh wait, that one doesn't work any more.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:49 AM

Received 600 Likes on 437 Posts
I forgot to check my muffler fluid once and all hell broke loose when a muffler bearing exploded. It completely took out the rap-tap flapper valve.Made a hellofanoise.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by j_martin
You need to find a diagram and trace it out.

There are 2 circuits, and two flashers. The turn signal flasher is powered through the ignition switch and a fuse. The hazard flasher is powered direct from battery through a fuse. If neither works, both are out. Usually a direct short to ground somewhere will take out both fuses as both systems (turn and hazard) are tried. The short can be intermittent.

hope it helps.

Check your muffler fluid also. Oh wait, that one doesn't work any more.
cool thanks! I wasn't even looking for a second flasher or fuse box.. I only found the one under the driver dash and its hard to make out but I cant see anything that says turn signal, is there a whole second panel hidden somewhere? where would I find such diagram?
Old 05-05-2015, 09:29 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by joshuabuilt
cool thanks! I wasn't even looking for a second flasher or fuse box.. I only found the one under the driver dash and its hard to make out but I cant see anything that says turn signal, is there a whole second panel hidden somewhere? where would I find such diagram?
If it's the same as a 93, the fuses are both in the box under the steering column. #9 for turn signals, #13 for hazard. Both 20 amp.