1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Mid 90s Ford seat in a 1st gen

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 06:19 PM

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts
Mid 90s Ford seat in a 1st gen

Pretty simple install. I started by unbolting the old seat from the sliders. I then used two lengths of 1.5" angle iron cut to 47.75" each. I had to notch out the ends of each piece of angle iron approximately 2 inches to allow clearance for the slider notches and also had to notch the center of one piece of angle iron to clear the transmission tunnel. I then bolted these lengthways across the cab back onto the original sliders. After that al it consisted of was matching up the Ford seat brackets with the angle iron and drilling holes and bolting the seat on. The slider needs some tweaking to work properly but since I'm the only one who drives the truck I have no need to slide the seat
Old 10-23-2016, 02:30 PM

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by honobiahunter

Pretty simple install. I started by unbolting the old seat from the sliders. I then used two lengths of 1.5" angle iron cut to 47.75" each. I had to notch out the ends of each piece of angle iron approximately 2 inches to allow clearance for the slider notches and also had to notch the center of one piece of angle iron to clear the transmission tunnel. I then bolted these lengthways across the cab back onto the original sliders. After that al it consisted of was matching up the Ford seat brackets with the angle iron and drilling holes and bolting the seat on. The slider needs some tweaking to work properly but since I'm the only one who drives the truck I have no need to slide the seat
What year is that seat from? Does it have air lumbar?
Old 10-23-2016, 03:05 PM

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts
I'm not sure on the exact year but anything from 1980-1997 should be very similar if not identical on the mounting brackets. This one does have lumbar. I thought I could wire it right into the existing seat belt harness wire and have lumbar but apparently not. I'll have to run me a hot wire from the key to the plug connector. I did shim the back of the seat up on both sides so it sat up straighter and I also shimmed up the front left corner to clear the slider handle. There are multiple ways a person could fab up this seat to fit and function but I just used what I had on hand and it was very simple.