1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Delivery valves on the Scheid Pump people were asking about......

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delivery valves on the Scheid Pump people were asking about......

Ok, I've recieved the question alot thru PM and on here about the cut delivery valves. This is the reply I recieved back from Scheid. They have been amazingly helpful and I cant say enough good about them! The difference you pay in price pays for killer service.

Ron,
We actually replace the stock valve with ag pump valve . This gives another 50cc of fuel flow at full load rpm . Good luck with your project , I hope you see the results that your looking for . Let me know if there is anything else we can do for you .
Rob
Old 09-27-2011, 12:49 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
what is an AG pump?

I want these DVs if they flow that much more!

Do you know what the final CC output of your VE from Scheid is? and is it a 12mm H&R or a 14mm?
Old 09-27-2011, 01:10 PM

14 and if I recall correctly it was 330cc at 1600rpm. Something like that. 270 I think at 3200rpm. He only told me those 2 speeds. Of course I'll be cranking the fuel screw up and doing whatever I can to get more fuel.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:41 PM

Received 114 Likes on 80 Posts
Interesting yet simple upgrade. I wonder if the AG pump DV's are easily obtainable through a fuel injection shop?
Old 09-27-2011, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by jimbo486
Interesting yet simple upgrade. I wonder if the AG pump DV's are easily obtainable through a fuel injection shop?
I asked, they are obsolete.....

They are an obsolete valve and I am getting extremely low on cores . We will probably keep what we have left for reman pumps.
they come out of a pump that was produced 30 years ago .

Rob
Old 09-27-2011, 02:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So wait, they are putting these obsolete valves in a rebuilt pump and if you are lucky to buy one at those prices, you MAY get a replacement???

Makes no sense...
Old 09-27-2011, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by dieselJon
So wait, they are putting these obsolete valves in a rebuilt pump and if you are lucky to buy one at those prices, you MAY get a replacement???

Makes no sense...
I think you missunderstand. These valves are obsolete and came only on AG pumps 30 years ago. Scheid uses these valves in their competition type pumps to get more fuel flow. I like that they are pulling out all the stops to get a little more from the VE. I was suprised that my pump doesnt have a KSB anymore, but I guess thats part of a competition pump.

Either way, I'm glad I got ahold of them if they are obsolete and hard to find!
Old 09-27-2011, 04:10 PM

or are they telling you that so that people don't figure out the secret and go get those pumps and swap some parts??
Old 09-27-2011, 05:21 PM

They must be a bosch pump, and it seems like about anything bosch made you can buy any of the parts. They probably said that so you don't ask for the part number and go to a bosch distributor and buy them.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:13 PM

I"m wondering if we can get the part numbers off the 230hp marine/ag cummins pumps. Perhaps they were off a much bigger engine with a VE?
Old 09-27-2011, 09:09 PM

I have the Ag DVs in my VE that was built by Haisley Machine. Curt said the DV's could be replicated fairly easily in the future by someone with the right equipment.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2011, 09:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Do you have the heavy gov. on yours also? That's weird that yours only made 330cc, I would think it would do more. Mine was at 370cc at 2000rpm engine speed if I remember right. Sucks they are low on cores =P
Old 09-27-2011, 09:59 PM

Ok guys I am thinking that we are talking about two different things. Some sort of valve and then some delivery valves.
If it is the valve that I am thinking about I could see a possible gain of 50cc’s.

The delivery valves well I have done some various testing and at most you can gain some cc’s of fuel, but 50cc’s I don’t think so. I don’t want to burst anyone’s bubble, because these discussions are great and I could be way off base.

In the last couple of weeks I have seen some really good posts like I used to see back in the day. It seems to me that there are some of you out there that are starting to think outside of the box.

Stomp
Old 09-27-2011, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by JQmile
Do you have the heavy gov. on yours also? That's weird that yours only made 330cc, I would think it would do more. Mine was at 370cc at 2000rpm engine speed if I remember right. Sucks they are low on cores =P
Do you have the 4mm cam? Im not certain it was 330, but pretty sure that was it. Ill dig thru the old emails. Also, did your pump come with the ksb still installed? Not sure about the heavy gov, what is that? Haha

Maybe they spent extra time on your pump knowing its results would be in DP.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Stomp
Ok guys I am thinking that we are talking about two different things. Some sort of valve and then some delivery valves.
If it is the valve that I am thinking about I could see a possible gain of 50cc’s.

The delivery valves well I have done some various testing and at most you can gain some cc’s of fuel, but 50cc’s I don’t think so. I don’t want to burst anyone’s bubble, because these discussions are great and I could be way off base.

In the last couple of weeks I have seen some really good posts like I used to see back in the day. It seems to me that there are some of you out there that are starting to think outside of the box.

Stomp

Maybe my "where did everyone go/new peeps" thread lite the fire under all our asses to get our brain working and start playing with the old trucks again... or id like to think so anyway

iam subscribed to this thread

is schied using 14mm head from rocken-tech?

pwrtripls1 if it came from schied dont you think its maxed out?? i doubt you can turn the fuel screw anymore.........or if you can why would you pay to have them send you a pump not "MAXED"

AND I KNOW YOU GUYS DONT WANT TO LET ANY SECRETS OUT BUT.. WHATS THE MAX cc OUT OF THESE THINGS?

12mm vs. 14mm @ BLANK rpm.

ive got decide ve or just jump to p-pump.
i want 500+ reliable HP

Quick Reply: Delivery valves on the Scheid Pump people were asking about......