1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

93 W250 only 19 k miles

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 03:43 PM

Received 2,385 Likes on 1,575 Posts
I have never seen that particular side view mirror set up.
Cool truck!
Old 11-20-2015, 06:34 PM

Received 1,332 Likes on 862 Posts
Originally Posted by oliver foster
I have never seen that particular side view mirror set up.
Cool truck!
Had to go back and check it out...holy over kill batman!
Old 11-21-2015, 07:29 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by thrashingcows
Had to go back and check it out...holy over kill batman!
I recently found that I was having a difficult I'm backing up my truck looking into the mirrors so I was going to go out and buy an additional mirror to help with backing up. It turns out the only reason I was having a difficulty it's because I wasn't wearing my glasses. Much better now that I'm wearing my glasses while using the mirrors. Lol
Old 11-21-2015, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$6500 will have close to another 2K when she gets on the road. Amazingly the registration was current cuz here in Cali they will charge back regs and late fees. Fortunately it does not need a smog check.
So we figure it was a good fair deal. As my son says it will be his forever truck.
Old 11-21-2015, 03:40 PM

Sorry wrong thread and I had my glasses on
Old 11-21-2015, 03:43 PM

Hell I was on the right thread just the 2nd page lol
Agree pretty funky mirror set up kinda sucks cuz of the holes they but in the doors but we can fix needs paint anyways
Old 11-21-2015, 03:50 PM

Received 2,385 Likes on 1,575 Posts
Originally Posted by bruce faz
Hell I was on the right thread just the 2nd page lol
Agree pretty funky mirror set up kinda sucks cuz of the holes they but in the doors but we can fix needs paint anyways
I just thought your where already busting out the humor on your 5th post.

As far as the mirrors just pick you favorites and ditch the other ones.
It is great that you can do a side by side comparison of the mirrors at the same time with your current set up.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:58 PM

Received 308 Likes on 234 Posts
So put another $2k into it, sell it for $16-20k (the 1st gen market is STUPID right now) and buy 2 or 3 more 1st gens!!
You got a good deal on it. Clean 125k D250's are selling for that around here. Rotted beat up 200k W250's are selling in that ball park here as well.
Old 11-22-2015, 06:10 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Very nice truck all the way around. Good find!
Old 11-22-2015, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by MrFusion
So put another $2k into it, sell it for $16-20k (the 1st gen market is STUPID right now) and buy 2 or 3 more 1st gens!!
You got a good deal on it. Clean 125k D250's are selling for that around here. Rotted beat up 200k W250's are selling in that ball park here as well.
Wow!! I am amazed and even with the missing shifter **** that NJTman has on the the big brother truck?
Well we are getting tires this morning and the going on a shake down cruise.
I figure if we only drive in reverse we can keep the miles off. Shouldn't be a problem with all those mirrors. I will get more Picts today. It has some very interesting "options" that will need to be sorted out. The original owner installed a lot of electrical things we haven't begun to figure out yet. But it looks well done and the factory wiring is not molested. I will post Picts .
Old 11-22-2015, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by bruce faz
Wow!! I am amazed and even with the missing shifter **** that NJTman has on the the big brother truck?

The original owner installed a lot of electrical things we haven't begun to figure out yet. I will post Picts .
I wish I had it. My slushbox doesn't require a shifter through the floor

Biggest issue with these trucks is the grounds, and everything runs through the ignition switch and not through relays.

pull the fuse panel down (dumb **** place for it to be above your feet), and look at the back of the panel. Hopefully it's not all burned / singed up. If it's in good shape, then the first MOD you need to do is to put the headlamps on relays. See in the sticky under Jim Lane's Headlamp relay. Absolutely critical modification. It will SAVE your fuse panel from melting into a ball of plastic.

Fusable links can be upgraded as well. If you search my threads I've made, you'll see the process on the fuseable links.
Old 11-22-2015, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by NJTman
I wish I had it. My slushbox doesn't require a shifter through the floor

Biggest issue with these trucks is the grounds, and everything runs through the ignition switch and not through relays.

pull the fuse panel down (dumb **** place for it to be above your feet), and look at the back of the panel. Hopefully it's not all burned / singed up. If it's in good shape, then the first MOD you need to do is to put the headlamps on relays. See in the sticky under Jim Lane's Headlamp relay. Absolutely critical modification. It will SAVE your fuse panel from melting into a ball of plastic.

Fusable links can be upgraded as well. If you search my threads I've made, you'll see the process on the fuseable links.
Thanks for the info I had not heard about the fuse panel
We will definitely put that on to of the list
Just came Back from the maiden voyage. Very nice way more power than I was expecting. Not a much as my dmax but has torque that's for sure
Old 11-22-2015, 05:26 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Like T says, too much heavy load goes through the ignition switch and the faston connectors in the fuse panel. The 2 worse circuits are the headlights and the heater motor. Jim has stickies on relay mods for both.

At the mileage on your truck, odds are you are pristine, whereas most of have nicely browned fuse panels and are on the second, third, or fourth ignition, headlamp, and heater switches.

You bought a million mile motor in a 150,000 mile body with a 35,000 mile electrical system.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by NJTman
HOLY SMOKES !

Someone bought a truck and parked it ?

that's crazy wabbit !!

Please photograph the undercarriage when you get some daylight. I'd love to see what it looks like under there.

Thanks

!
Here are some Picts jus after pulling the wheels. Yeah I know I'm not giving up my day job for photography

Old 11-24-2015, 07:15 AM

Nice. Other the a bit of dirt... Relatively clean.

The front springs Are reverse arched. Truck will ride much nicer once you rebuild them.

My personal experience was that I replaced them, then within a year has them back out again, rebuilding the replacements.

I wish I had just pulled the oem ones and had them rebuilt, replaci g the main leaf with a new, .such thicker unit. Lots of threads here about springs, and you'll get lots of opinions on this. Search it. You'll be surprised.

Quick Reply: 93 W250 only 19 k miles