1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

93 a/c wiring issue

Old 09-27-2016, 04:02 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
93 a/c wiring issue

I've just completed a LONG list of modifications to my truck. I'm currently held up on this issue with my a/c. I've read through many threads and found my issue (I believe ) buy it didn't say how to fix it.

My blue wire orange tracer coming from the low pressure shut off switch has (+) power anytime the key is on. This is the same wire occupying the (-) post on the relay. Therefore not turning the relay on and delivering the (+) voltage to the compressor.

I cut the blue/orange wire at the relay and replaced with a direct ground. This resulted in a working compressor that won't turn off unless the key is off.

Thanks for any help
Old 09-27-2016, 10:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Incase it matters I deleted my grid heater and both of the sensors for the air temp since I no longer needed them. As a result my wait to start light is flashing constantly running or not.

On the 3 prong plug from the thermostatic (I believe) switch has 2 hot wires with the a/c on. The blue and blue/white wires are hot. Brown is negative. Does this sound correct?

Again thanks for any insight!