Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** Bring on the newbies and missing members Breakroom 10/26 - 11/1 ***

Old 10-25-2014, 10:56 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
*** Bring on the newbies and missing members Breakroom 10/26 - 11/1 ***

Happy Sunday morning all y'all, let's see if I can put out a spread worthy of the participants. We have eggs Benedict, NW NY State breakfast sausage, chocolate chip pancakes, bacon, Schwartzie's potatoes, fresh fruit, pH00 and fresh coffee.

Come one, come all. If you are lurking in the shadows, at least say Hi and make yourself known.
Old 10-26-2014, 03:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sneaking in...rolling one of them pancakes around bacon, thatīs got to be good....mmmm yep, thatīs even better than I hoped.
Hope you get that tractor fixed TG, sometimes it just needs a little help (from a hammer).
Think Iīll go take a look at my dads lawntractor again, see if the paint is dry, maybe put it back to one piece and see if it runs or not.
Thanks for the chocolatechipbaconpancakes TG.

Slev
Old 10-26-2014, 04:30 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Wow, ya did good, Sean. .................
Me thinks maybe you thought my cholesterol might be a bit low and you wanted to help me. Grabbing a couple things that might not kill me and my ph00 and off running on my day. It's Sunday - - CYA in church.

Bob
Old 10-26-2014, 05:32 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning! Yummy eats this morning Sean (burp) oh excuse me I over did it on the sausage but it sure was good!.....

I was going to try the eggs but not knowing who this "Benedict" guy is? I decided it was best not to take his eggs without at least asking him first.

Have a GREAT week folks and remember to call those you care for and remind them how special they are to you.....life is fragile and there is NO time like the present!
Old 10-26-2014, 07:32 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Looks like a fine feast...I added a few more items.

Have a goodurn.

Show your LEGGS!
Old 10-26-2014, 07:40 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Sean, WOW, what a spread! Now that you have us all spoiled, this means that you need to do it every day. OK, maybe not every day, but at least once a week.

Last week you said that you had a tractor that launched Noah's Ark. No, no, no! You have it all wrong. The Ark did not need launching into water - the water came to the Ark.

On your tractor, I have a suggestion that you can try. It's crazy, but in many cases it works. Switch #2 & #3 plug wires and then spray some fuel or starter fluid into the carb and try to start it up. Keep away from the carb inlet because it will backfire like crazy and spit fire. Do this 2 or 3 times, switch the wires back and see if it works now. The theory behind this is that the high pressure from the backfire (the shockwave) will loosen and drive out the dirt in the carb.

Last night was the fall time change for Mexico.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:13 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Good eats! Had fun with the family and friends last night at my Brides shin-dig. Had the kids playing games, practicing backing a trailer with the 4-wheeler, (hilarious) bonfire, hayride.

I ran across a story on the net of my family moving by wagon and mules form Canada to Montana. I sure wish I had taken time to write down stories I was told as a kid. Take the time to pass the family history down to the kids. Once they forget the story, it's likely gone forever. FeelingmelancholyEd
Old 10-26-2014, 09:48 AM
REALLY old dog

Morning fellow DTRotarions -
I worked a station with in stone throwing distance of Bark yesterday
Awaiting Barks return !
Good breakfast spread this morning .
Tallguy - In our sophomore year of school i think Dave had a bout 5 or6 IH cubs repaired & up for sale out in front of his parents motel .
Claude
Old 10-26-2014, 11:12 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Wife has me on a diet so I just went for the bacon and potatoes. Goooood!
Old 10-26-2014, 12:23 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
I don't know if I qualify as missing, but been off the grid since Friday. Pulled into my daughter's place west of Berthoud, CO. at dusk on Friday. She pointed to a cutout on a quarry road below the cabin, on the edge of a considerable cliff. That's when the lights went out. Yep, first gen headlight switch completely sheared. Only headlights I had was high beam if I held the dimmer lever. Got it parked and came down off the adrenalin high in about an hour.

Woke up in the morning to a breath taking view of the valley 1000' feet below.

Changed out the switch. I had one with me because I knew the old one blinked on me about 4 months ago. Noted the compromised connector, and proceeded to install relays on both the headlights and clearance lights. Just got done with it this morning. Soldering gun is pretty slow on the end of a 300' extension cord.

It's great to have a furnace that works all the time like it's supposed to.

'Nother idea for the tractor. The needle valve is stuck. Pull out the bowl drain plug, and hit the inlet with compressed air. If it is stuck tight, tap the carb with a small hammer or wrench while compressed air it applied. A bit of penetrating oil in the inlet first would help also.

I don't know if I'd do the back fire thing. Could be hard on other stuff, like manifold gaskets, and my whiskers.

Grabbin a cuppa and heading to the laundry-mat.
Old 10-26-2014, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)

I was going to try the eggs but not knowing who this "Benedict" guy is? I decided it was best not to take his eggs without at least asking him first.

I might fall like a rock on this one....but isnīt the popes name Benedict?? I wouldnīt touch his eggs neither without asking first.

Slev
Old 10-26-2014, 02:53 PM

TG- you pulled the screen out of the carb inlet?

That back carb mount bolt is fun, isn't it? Get yourself a cheap 12 point box end wrench. Cut it in half. The tube that runs between the carb and the governor has a shaft with a set of dogs in it that engages the throttle shaft in the carb. Be careful getting them lined back up. If not you will have no throttle control. I got my super M back to the shed one day with the kill switch. On til my RPM got up, off til it was about dead, back on again.....

Been working 13 hour days. Need to get to town and get some groceries, saw gas, come home and get some firewood cut. Should move some into the basement so if I need to start a fire I don't have to carry any in after a 13 hour day. Been in the 80s here the last couple days.
Need to get my fresh tank of propane on the grill, too. Boss' boy picked it up for me since I haven't been to town except in the semi in over 2 weeks, excluding last Sunday and last night.

Have to go to town for supper Wednesday. New bartender, early 20s, cute, talked with her a bunch last night. Showed her the bridge on the back of the WV coin and told her about Bridge Day, she said we need to go next year so she can jump off the bridge. Yeah, if only...
Old 10-26-2014, 04:21 PM

Happy Sunday afternoon everyone. The tractor is fixed and the garden has been tilled. Compressed air did the trick. Air through the bowl drain didn't do it but a couple of blasts through the gasoline inlet fitting got rid of the obstruction or unstuck whatever was stuck. NEFarm - I did pull the little brass screen out of the inlet fitting yesterday to make sure the obstruction wasn't there. For a couple of years I have been thinking about cutting out the steel fuel lines between the sediment bowl and the carb and replacing it with rubber so that I can add an inline fuel filter. I may do that in the spring. For now, the tractor is done for the season. It is way more fun working the garden in the spring when I can wear shorts and a t-shirt. Today it is overcast with a very strong north wind and just a few degrees above freezing. I sprayed the whole garden with Roundup 2 weeks ago and now all of the weeds have been turned into compost.

The tiller I have is from Wisconsin (I think) and it scares the daylights out of me. It runs of the 540 PTO and it just grinds stuff up like nobody's business. I stay away from that thing and make sure all the safety shields are in place. The first time I ever used it, one shield was missing and it threw a softball sized rock 50 feet past the tractor like a great big bullet.

Now I get to relax and enjoy the afternoon. DW put ribs in the oven while I was working outside. A few hours of low and slow then a quick crisp on the grill and they will be pretty darn nice with garlic bread and acorn squash. That is a supper to look forward to.

Did I mention that we started out the day with a 90 minute yoga workout with our local yoga group?

I think I have earned a bit of relax time now with a good supper to look forward to.

Have an awesome Sunday evening everyone.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:55 PM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Got the winter studs on 2/3 of my vehicles. Wife tried to help me and fell on her grand wazoo. Icy out in the driveway.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:58 PM

It is no fun changing tires when it is freezing cold out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *** Bring on the newbies and missing members Breakroom 10/26 - 11/1 ***