Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

****BREAKROOM - 9/14 to 9/20****

Old 09-14-2014, 06:18 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
****BREAKROOM - 9/14 to 9/20****

Morning all. Rise and shine and get ready for church.

It is Sunday, September 14th.

1807 - Former U.S. Vice President Aaron Burr was acquitted of a misdemeanor charge. Two weeks earlier Burr had been found innocent of treason.

1814 - Francis Scott Key wrote the "Star-Spangled Banner," a poem originally known as "Defense of Fort McHenry," after witnessing the British bombardment of Fort McHenry, MD, during the War of 1812. The song became the official U.S. national anthem on March 3, 1931.

1847 - U.S. forces took control of Mexico City under the leadership of General Winfield Scott.

1901 - U.S. President William McKinley died of gunshot wounds inflicted by an assassin. Vice President Theodore Roosevelt, at age 42, succeeded him.

1940 - The Selective Service Act was passed by the U.S. Congress providing the first peacetime draft in the United States.

1960 - The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) was founded. The core members were Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, and Venezuela.

1983 - The U.S. House of Representatives voted 416-0 in a resolution condemning the Soviet Union for the shooting down of a Korean jet on September 1.

1989 - Joseph T. Wesbecker shot and killed eight people and wounded twelve others at a printing plant in Louisville, KY. Wesbecker, 47 years old, was on disability for mental illness. He took his own life after the incident.

1999 - Disney World closed down for the first time in its 28-year history. The closure was due to Hurricane Floyd heading for Florida.

2001 - The FBI released the names of the 19 suspected hijackers that had taken part in the September 11 terror attacks on the U.S.

2009 - Greyhound UK began operations as an hourly service between London and Portsmouth or Southampton.

Today's thought:
The day you become old is the day you're not looking for new experiences anymore.

Sunday c0ffee is ready... it'll bite ya if you don't respect it. Yes, yes, yes, ph00 t00!
Old 09-14-2014, 06:47 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Morning all. Rise and shine and get ready for church.

Sunday c0ffee is ready... it'll bite ya if you don't respect it. Yes, yes, yes, ph00 t00!
Well, it's about time you got out of bed and put on the Ph00 - - I have been waiting for it for three hours. Good morning, rascal - - missed you yesterday.

Sunny Sunday morning today - - wish I could go to church, but I think I would empty a whole section once I started my coughing and nasty noises. Several short rain sessions yesterday and more slated for today. Gee, everything is sure green down here. Can't believe the size of a couple plants I put in just before leaving.

OK, grabbing my Ph00 and out the door. ..................

Bob
Old 09-14-2014, 07:27 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Morning. Been up for ages, but just got around to grabbing a coffee now. Where is the grub?

Gone.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:08 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hello!
Lary the Legged one told me he enjoyed working with General Winfield.^^^
He probably thought I wasn't listening.
Enjoy the day!
Old 09-14-2014, 03:16 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Kinda late checking in, coffee is still drinkable, but the spoon still won't stand up in it.

Made a fast trip to Bowling Green and back taking the GSon home. For giggles, he was playing with the lie-o-meter. Heading south out of Sonora, there is a pretty gentle downslope. Saw 32 on it. I ALMOST got away with telling him it was accurate.

By the way, across from the Corvette plant, the new racecourse is open. They were running today. Looked to be all sportscars.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:08 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Happy Sunday all y'all. I hope everyone has had a good weekend, mine was moderately productive. On top of a dozen other things, I changed the brakes on the Echo today. Wow, those are the best brakes I have ever worked on. It might be because the car only weighs 15 lbs but the brakes are such a simple setup and are very easy to work on. The next job is to replace the sparkplugs on the same car. I am embarrassed to admit that I can't find them Before any of you wisenhimers chime it, it is not a diesel. There is a big plastic cover over the top of the engine and I am pretty sure that if I remove that, I will find the plugs. They have 120,000 km on them so I think it is time. All that is left now is to get ready for the work week. While I was twisting wrenches DW was cooking up a storm. She made a lasagna or mousaka type meal. It is just like lasagna but instead of pasta, she used slices of a summer squash we have that is kind of like eggplant.
Have a nice evening all y'all.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:47 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Hello!
Lary the Legged one told me he enjoyed working with General Winfield.^^^
He probably thought I wasn't listening.
Enjoy the day!
Yes...Old Winnie as he was known to those of us that knew him well

Back from my Vacation folks.....already thinking maybe I need to pack up and take another week
Old 09-14-2014, 11:28 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Got some work done around the yard today, little bit of spring cleaning. Have to get the boiler ready for winter yet, and clean up the backyard a bit, nothing major there. Leaves are pretty much turned now, and starting to come off, although it did get pretty warm the last couple days.

Figured out the weird grown that the 93 gm was getting. Turns out whoever replaced the exhaust system pulled the hangers up a bit too tight. The pipe was hitting the box brace above the axle. At 1500 rpm, you'd swear something was coming apart. Little bend and weld action, problem solved, for now.

Monday coming on way too quickly, but all we can do is make the best of it all. May Monday be made of unicorn farts for everyone.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:01 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Good morning.
It's another Monday. Not a Moanday, so don't want to hear anybody whining and complaining to start this new week.
Coffee is on and smells good. Fresh ph00 t00 for the ph00 boy.

Heading outside as soon as it is light enough to work. Have an electrical problem on some outside lights and am sure that the problem is underground. Need to remove a bunch of interlocking driveway stones and dig a deep trench to get to where I think the problem is. This will keep me going all day and maybe even into tomorrow.

Hope that everybody has a fantastic Monday.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:37 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Coffee is on and smells good.
I thought someone had just used the restroom and left the door open.

Wassup yo? It be like, Monday dawgs, rise an' shine!

It is September 15th.

1775 - An early and unofficial American flag was raised by Lieutenant Colonel Isaac Mott after the seizing of Fort Johnson from the British. The flag was dark blue with the white word "Liberty" spelled on it.

1776 - British forces occupied New York City during the American Revolution.

1789 - The U.S. Department of Foreign Affairs was renamed the Department of State.

1858 - The first mail service begins to the Pacific Coast of the U.S. under government contract. Coaches from the Butterfield Overland Mail Company took 12 days to make the journey between Tipton, MO and San Francisco, CA.

1909 - A New York judge rule that Ford Motor Company had infringed on George Seldon's patent for the "Road Engine." The ruling was later overturned.

1909 - Charles F. Kettering applied for a patent on his ignition system. His company Delco (Dayton Engineering Laboratories Company) later became a subsidiary of General Motors.

1923 - Oklahoma was placed under martial law by Gov. John Calloway Walton due to terrorist activity by the Ku Klux Klan. After this declaration national newspapers began to expose the Klan and its criminal activities.

1928 - Alexander Fleming discovered the antibiotic penicillin in the mold Penicillium notatum.

1935 - The Nuremberg Laws were enacted by **** Germany. The act stripped all German Jews of their civil rights and the swastika was made the official symbol of **** Germany.

1940 - The German Luftwaffe suffered the loss of 185 planes in the Battle of Britain. The change in tide forced Hitler to abandon his plans for invading Britain.

1950 - U.N. forces landed at Inchon, Korea in an attempt to relieve South Korean forces and recapture Seoul.

1983 - The U.S. Senate joined the U.S. House of Representatives in their condemning of the Soviet Union for shooting down a Korean jet with 269 people onboard.

1994 - U.S. President Clinton told Haiti's military leaders "Your time is up. Leave now or we will force you from power."

1998 - Ayatollah Ali Khamenei ordered the Iranian military to be on full alert and massed troops on its border with Afghanistan.

1998 - It was announced that 5.9 million people read The Starr Report on the Internet. 606,000 people read the White House defense of U.S. President Clinton.

Today's thought:
Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.

Watch Stan's coffee. What he thinks smells good is quite different!
Old 09-15-2014, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by chaikwa
I thought someone had just used the restroom and left the door open.

Watch Stan's coffee. What he thinks smells good is quite different!

Methinks that somebody here has been around bad smelling stuff for so long that their olfactory system has rotted away. They have lost their ability to detect a good smell from a bad smell.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:44 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Wow it feels like I'm back hm with my elder LEGGED twin. He spoke of knitting a flag for Isaac but he didn't elaborate.^^^

Old 09-15-2014, 09:00 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Monday stinks. Oh it the unicorn farts that caused this smell. Glad it wasn't the coffee

Someone ban the unicorn I'm opening some windows and leaving till it airs out.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:37 PM

Wonder what would happen if the unicorn was mated with the dragon?

Boy, this place just keeps getting deader and deader.

Had a nice cloudy day here for most of the day. I am very glad about that, because I worked outside for most of the day. Pulled up a bunch of interlocking brick on my driveway and then dug a deep trench to locate some deeply buried wires that I knew were down there "somewhere". The trench was not too long because my first hole was reasonably close to the wires. The wires were deep and even had to lay on my belly to dig down deep enough. Hard, sweaty work. Found and fixed the problem and now everything works like it should. Even replaced all the interlocking brick and now you can't even tell that any work was done. Been putting of this job for ages because I was afraid of it becoming a monster. The monster never materialized.

Tomorrow is a big day here in Mexico. Big holiday and lots of celebrations all over to celebrate what is known as Independence Day. Here is a link to that:
http://www.inside-mexico.com/featureindep.htm. Tonight there are parties all over, but particularly downtown.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:01 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Stan, sometimes it becomes a matter of waiting for the right time to do the worst job. State of mind makes all the difference. You put stuff off over and over, and one day you say, now is the time. And everything goes together like two rabbits.

Other times, you have no choice in timing, and the dreaded monster shows up in full battle dress.

Partly cloudy with a chance of incompetence today, still got a lot done for a Monday. Yay. Enjoy Tuesday everyone

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ****BREAKROOM - 9/14 to 9/20****